Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
    So an aged Reagan with Alzheimer's would make a good democrat?
    No, but he'd have a 0% chance of getting through the GOP primary circus of today. Their idols are best kept up on the wall.

As a Dem he'd have a slight chance because they love the crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
      So an aged Reagan with Alzheimer's would make a good democrat?
      This country elected Barak Obama twice. Case closed.

Most democrats that I've had political discussions with, would never consider someone like Obama had some old school Democrats been available. Shoot, even LBJ would have buried Obama in the primaries.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Back on the subject of Trump...

Cruz has been hard at work behind the scenes, making sure that Trump loses votes on a second ballot. The delegates that Trump won fair and square will still be bound to vote for him on the first ballot, but at this point it's all but official that it's "First ballot or bust" for Trump. So for anyone who has been wondering whether the GOP will give it to him if he's got 1175 delegates, I think we have our answer.

This is by far the hardest that the Republicans have ever worked to defeat an opponent. And it's the guy in their own party.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
          This country elected Barak Obama twice. Case closed.
          Following 2 elections of W and anything surprises you? You are an optimist! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            Back on the subject of Trump...

Cruz has been hard at work behind the scenes, making sure that Trump loses votes on a second ballot. The delegates that Trump won fair and square will still be bound to vote for him on the first ballot, but at this point it's all but official that it's "First ballot or bust" for Trump. So for anyone who has been wondering whether the GOP will give it to him if he's got 1175 delegates, I think we have our answer.

This is by far the hardest that the Republicans have ever worked to defeat an opponent. And it's the guy in their own party.
            The GOP has worked plenty hard...it needs to work smarter. And it looks like maybe that's happening here, even if it is an admission of failure.

They cannot roll Trump out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
              The GOP has worked plenty hard...it needs to work smarter. And it looks like maybe that's happening here, even if it is an admission of failure.

They cannot roll Trump out there.
              "Smarter" -- nominating a completely uncharismatic ideologue whose agenda probably appeals to less than 30% of Americans and who didn't even win a plurality of votes in the primary.

Comment

"Smarter" -- nominating a completely uncharismatic ideologue whose agenda probably appeals to less than 30% of Americans and who didn't even win a plurality of votes in the primary.
                It is a relative term.

Comment

• Trump is making it easy to let those guys steal his nomination. They are totally unorganized. They are making the Cruz argument stronger, he has a pretty competent organization. Nobody likes the guy but he will maximize possible votes. You can't say that about Trump. Who would have thought a campaign manager who doubles as a bodyguard might not be the best option.

Comment

• Trump is right, though. The whole process of winning delegates in state primaries and the convention nominating process is total BS. Always has been and probably always will be. Trump has thrown a spot light on it but memories are short.

But, thank God. Trump wont be on the ballot and Cruz is going to get rolled.

I can take the Clintons for another 4y. I actually like Bill. Hillary? Another question altogether but not anywhere near as dangerous a Ted.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      Trump is right, though. The whole process of winning delegates in state primaries and the convention nominating process is total BS. Always has been and probably always will be. Trump has thrown a spot light on it but memories are short.

But, thank God. Trump wont be on the ballot and Cruz is going to get rolled.

I can take the Clintons for another 4y. I actually like Bill. Hillary? Another question altogether but not anywhere near as dangerous a Ted.
                      I am cgvt and I approve of this post.
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• While he may have a point, that doesn't excuse being utterly unprepared. At times Trump seems like his strategy begins and ends with a twitter login. Winning a Presidential race requires mastery of a lot of tedious BS. That kind of BS is child's play to the daily crap you have to deal with if you get elected.

It reminds me of when Romney would brag about his business experience and how it made him the better candidate. He got whipped by Obama partly due to Obama's far superior organization.

Comment

True, but a stronger point is saying "voting Americans", the roughly 120,000,000 that will vote in the general election. (Which I'm guessing that's what you mean)...
                          All of these cantidates probably appeal to less than 30% of the 320,000,000 U.S. population.

Bell curve theory of ideology for U.S. Politics. Voting population vs U.S. Population.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                            True, but a stronger point is saying "voting Americans", the roughly 120,000,000 that will vote in the general election. (Which I'm guessing that's what you mean)...
                            All of these cantidates probably appeal to less than 30% of the 320,000,000 U.S. population.

Bell curve theory of ideology for U.S. Politics. Voting population vs U.S. Population.
                            Yes, that. :smile:

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              While he may have a point, that doesn't excuse being utterly unprepared. At times Trump seems like his strategy begins and ends with a twitter login. Winning a Presidential race requires mastery of a lot of tedious BS. That kind of BS is child's play to the daily crap you have to deal with if you get elected.
                              There's still just no evidence he was ever in it to win. Perhaps things have gone to his head and he has adjusted his strategy in the past 6-8 months, and maybe even contemplated it, but this isn't a guy willing to put in that work. For years he would rather take a small fee to lend his name to a development rather than to do the hard work of developing a property himself and getting the big rewards that come with those risks. He's not even really a Republican, but said years ago he would do exactly this. He's been trading off his name for years, and he needs to keep it in lights. That's still, IMO, the most realistic explanation for this.

Comment

• Trump wants it. His campaign hasn't been good for business. He lost his reality show and he has made a shit ton of political enemies.

Comment

Working...
                                X