Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    ...there is no room for an honorable opposition, because he considers anyone who opposes him to be dishonorable, racist, homophobic, hypocritical, and more...
    That sounds exactly like Mitch McConnell. Actually, like 99% of politicians today.
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• my biggest problem with BO is his morality is shaped by politics rather than a moral or ethical code. He has had opportunities to take the higher road and demonstrate he stands for something more than politics. IMO the best example of this was the IRS targeting the Tea Party. I'm not part of the tea party and would never consider being part of it, but having the IRS target any group is a dangerous road. BO had an opportunity to build a bridge by suggesting an investigation is needed.. but ignored it. I believe Bill Clinton would have been more vocal about it.. which is also why he was popular with so many people, including moderates. jmo..
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I also believe the presidential race will come down to Trump vs Clinton. I can't vote for either.. so does anyone have thoughts/info on any potential third party candidates?

Comment

• Libertarian.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            my biggest problem with BO is his morality is shaped by politics rather than a moral or ethical code. He has had opportunities to take the higher road and demonstrate he stands for something more than politics. IMO the best example of this was the IRS targeting the Tea Party. I'm not part of the tea party and would never consider being part of it, but having the IRS target any group is a dangerous road. BO had an opportunity to build a bridge by suggesting an investigation is needed.. but ignored it. I believe Bill Clinton would have been more vocal about it.. which is also why he was popular with so many people, including moderates. jmo..

This. ^^
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Speaking of third party, there's a chance that if Trump gets the nomination, somebody else in the race can break off and do a third party run. This may give the White House to Hillary but there is a chance that the third party guy wins a few states and keeps anyone from getting to 270 EVs, in which case you have the maximum chaos/doomsday scenario and the House of Representatives gets to pick, if I'm not mistaken.

So maybe Kasich can be President after all LOL

Comment

I also believe the presidential race will come down to Trump vs Clinton. I can't vote for either.. so does anyone have thoughts/info on any potential third party candidates?

Comment

IMO the best example of this was the IRS targeting the Tea Party. I'm not part of the tea party and would never consider being part of it, but having the IRS target any group is a dangerous road.
                  That?s a fairly gross exaggeration of what occurred. Tea Party groups who applied for 501? tax-exempt status were investigated...as were liberal groups, or any group that applies. There was some disagreement as whether the TP groups received more scrutiny, but its not like BO had the IRS crawling up people?s asses like Richard Nixon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post

you are so evil...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      Speaking of third party, there's a chance that if Trump gets the nomination, somebody else in the race can break off and do a third party run. This may give the White House to Hillary but there is a chance that the third party guy wins a few states and keeps anyone from getting to 270 EVs, in which case you have the maximum chaos/doomsday scenario and the House of Representatives gets to pick, if I'm not mistaken.

So maybe Kasich can be President after all LOL

I understand the thought that a third party will cost someone the election or give it to someone else. But until people stop worrying about that and start thinking about sending messages, nothing will change. We will remain on this ride that never ends..

Comment

• In the doomsday scenario, if I am understanding it properly, a third party candidate with a paltry share of the popular vote can be made President by the House of Representatives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                          That?s a fairly gross exaggeration of what occurred. Tea Party groups who applied for 501? tax-exempt status were investigated...as were liberal groups, or any group that applies. There was some disagreement as whether the TP groups received more scrutiny, but its not like BO had the IRS crawling up people?s asses like Richard Nixon.

you're probably correct. I mean.. normally when people have nothing to hide and they've above board they avoid answering questions, have hard drives "accidently" erased, missing records, are non cooperative... or maybe not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                            In the doomsday scenario, if I am understanding it properly, a third party candidate with a paltry share of the popular vote can be made President by the House of Representatives.
                            I for one look forward to the benevolent and just rule of Nick the First...and wish to have that on the record.

Comment

• but its not like BO had the IRS crawling up people’s asses
                              I don't think anyone on this board stated anything close to that..

Comment

• We're witnessing history. I'm not sure whether it is "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall" history or "1876 Presidential Election" history, but it's history.

Comment

Working...
                                X