No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kasich would seem the best pick on the surface, but if you heard him talk yesterday then I don't know how you conclude he'd actually do it. It sounded far more likely that he wouldn't support Trump if he is the nominee.

Further, the VP isn't going to play to undecideds to the extent anyone is undecided about your boy. What Trump has to do with his VP is secure, you know, conservatives. He's brought folks into the party. Maybe. He's at least brought folks out to the primary. What he needs is tried and true Rs to vote in large numbers. Kasich doesn't really move the needle. Cruz would be far better, IMO.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Territorial primaries - each territory get a delegate or two? How does the general election work? I don't recall any electoral votes for US possessions. Where do their votes go?
      The only non-state that gets electoral votes is DC with 3. The Marianas had 6 delegates to the Rep convention.

Comment

• Tried and true Rs have left the party or are indifferent to this year's presidential election ...... and, I suspect, in large numbers.

What this thread reveals, in fact, what a casual perusal of the news reveals, is that Presidential elections are purely a numbers game and less about issues. Numbers are gained by pandering to a particular demographic, appealing sound bites and projecting an appealing political persona.

Not bitching about this, it is what it is, and it's nothing at all new. In my years of involvement with Presidentinal elections, though, this is the worst. More insincerity among candidates, more avoidance of seriously addressing the issues involved in running the country and more candidates from both parties who should not hold the presidency.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't think any of the other candidates will be the VP nominee if Trump gets the nod. The Dem ads will be non-stop showing Trump calling the running mate "liar", "fool" and "dirty". And the running mate calling the standard bearer "unfit for office", "buffoon" and "con man". As it is now, we'll see the GOP Who's Who lambasting Trump six ways to Sunday anyway. The only way we won't be subjected to hours of Repub self destruction is to have a nominee be someone not named Trump. All the childish taunts and insults is going to bte them in the ass, hard.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Kasich would seem the best pick on the surface, but if you heard him talk yesterday then I don't know how you conclude he'd actually do it. It sounded far more likely that he wouldn't support Trump if he is the nominee.

Further, the VP isn't going to play to undecideds to the extent anyone is undecided about your boy. What Trump has to do with his VP is secure, you know, conservatives. He's brought folks into the party. Maybe. He's at least brought folks out to the primary. What he needs is tried and true Rs to vote in large numbers. Kasich doesn't really move the needle. Cruz would be far better, IMO.

The Conservatives will still go for Trump. Their "I'll never vote for Trump" rhetoric is as much hot air as the Berniebros saying that they'll never vote for Hillary. It's an emotional response that will be long forgotten when they stop and contemplate voting for the other candidate really means.

Trump has said too much about Rubio and Cruz to walk it back. IMHO the most accessible pool of undecideds are the people who don't dislike Trump's policies but strongly dislike his personality and those would be the folks that Kasich can win over. (but in all fairness, the jury is out on whether a VP pick ever wins votes).

It could also be Chris Christie with the way that Trump has been walking him around the country lately like a dog on a leash but I think that would be a bad pick.

Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
            I don't think any of the other candidates will be the VP nominee if Trump gets the nod. The Dem ads will be non-stop showing Trump calling the running mate "liar", "fool" and "dirty". And the running mate calling the standard bearer "unfit for office", "buffoon" and "con man". As it is now, we'll see the GOP Who's Who lambasting Trump six ways to Sunday anyway. The only way we won't be subjected to hours of Repub self destruction is to have a nominee be someone not named Trump. All the childish taunts and insults is going to bte them in the ass, hard.
            Trump has been pretty nice to Kasich so far. He won't have this issue with the Ohio gov.
            Last edited by Hannibal; March 15, 2016, 09:32 AM.

Comment

• There's always Chris 'Deepthroat' Christie.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                He knows a thing or two about self-promotion...as does Kim Kardashian. IDK that it makes either of them especially smart. Maybe so.

I think it boils down to the fact that he's playing a different game from the others. Its working now, but November might be a different story.

Makes them smart in certain areas... and probably smarter than given credit by many.
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                  There's always Chris 'Deepthroat' Christie.
                  Palin?

Comment

• Kasich would be smart to drift away and try again in 4 yrs.
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• He's getting up there in years.

Comment

• I don't know if any of you fellas watched the Democrat town hall last night, but Hillary said, "we didn't lose a single person in Lybia". Today will be a good day to watch the controlled media bury the lead. This woman is pathological in her willingness to rewrite history. With a compliant media, it has worked for her since she made $ 100,000 on cattle futures with an initial investment of $ 1,000 (mathematically impossible). I believe it has accelerated since her stroke.

This is the core reason that she used a private email. She wanted no FOIA-able documents that would shed any light on her actions after the fact. She has proven herself eager to sell out the interests of the citizens for money. That is one reason Bernie gets support. He peripherally attacks her for taking millions personally from Wall Street. That is small change in comparison with what the Clinton Global Initiative has scooped up from foreign countries.

In other news you will not see reported, my sources say that one of the 22 top secret emails that have been withheld was the travel schedule of our Ambassador to Lybia (forget his name). The email was sent two days prior to his assassination.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                          Kasich would be smart to drift away and try again in 4 yrs.
                          Rubio should have done the same months ago. All he's doing now is making himself look less electable with each passing day.

Comment

• Rubio doesn't have a political future. This was his only chance. He should have stayed nice with Donald to try and parlay it into a veep choice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                              ?I can neither confirm nor deny the existence or non-existence of any deleted posts.?

- Liney
                              Thanks for covering my back, Hoss. :-)
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I agree with Hanni in that Kasich makes total sense as a VP. No President since 1960 has been elected without taking Ohio. No Republican has ever been elected without Ohio. Trump needs a "bridge" to the Congress and has already said that Kasich would be excellent in that regard.

The only way Kasich is not the choice is if Rubio and Cruz make some type of deal. Their stories are so similar that this is unlikely.

On a completely different matter, I don't understand why Cruz and Trump don't come out and do a joint news conference begging Rubio and Kasich to drop out. Neither owes any loyalty to the establishment, and both want a 1 on 1 race. Cruz has spent millions in the last 2 weeks trying to deny Rubio a victory in FL. No matter what happens today, the best case to stop Trump is for Cruz to take him on with only two candidates in the race.

Comment

Working...
                                X