No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. So it's a meaningless thing unless you put quantities on it. Trump does great amongst those who voted for segregationalists...all 10 of them. He also probably does well amongst African American Republicans.

Mr. Trump has healthy shares of support from the affluent and the well educated — that context is important. But in the places where support for him runs the strongest, the proportion of the white population that didn’t finish high school is relatively high.
    Why don't they put up his shares for affluent and well-educated? As Hanni said, he runs well all over.

But, look, identity politics is alive and thriving and the Ds do it as well as anyone. The NYT is going to push the racist white trash narrative all day long. One wonders how they'd analyze BLM protesters? If they'd dare put in such pejorative traits as "previously arrested" or "supports ISIS" or some other bullshit.

There are ample reasons to vote against Trump. Caricatures of his supporters aren't one of them.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• BTW, my guess is that amongst Americans who are sympathetic to, say, Hamas, Bernie Sanders does really well!

Comment

• They ran 300 variables and listed the top 10. I would assume education level is in there somewhere. Not sure if the entire study is available. I'd LOVE to see a similar study of BLM protesters conducted that includes the variables you mentioned.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          BTW, my guess is that amongst Americans who are sympathetic to, say, Hamas, Bernie Sanders does really well!

Probably so. I think Cruz has locked up the Jeffery Dahmer segment as well.
          “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• I am trademarking the phrase "White trash caucus".

Comment

• Please consult a trademark attorney. Like me. That will be $2,000. Or one 6-pack payable on my behalf to The "Oracle" d/b/a Assclown Inc.

Comment

• FTR, Trump saying he is "not PC" is just him being an asshole. I don't see anyplace in politics for a President to use the military to coerce payments for another sovereign nation nor do I see any room for a President to advocate physically assaulting Americans.

</end rant>
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• If anything the media is at fault for not pushing the violence aspect of those rallies earler. There have been plenty of incidents.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    If anything the media is at fault for not pushing the violence aspect of those rallies earler. There have been plenty of incidents.
                    But the people that support him don't care. "Those people" are getting what they deserve anyway.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trump's political party is both. At whatever time, it's whatever one benefits him the most.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        But the people that support him don't care. "Those people" are getting what they deserve anyway.
                        That is true.

Comment

• So trump holds a rally in Chicago on a campus made up of a majority of minorities.... Cancels the rally amid protests and spends the evening on TV talking about freedom of speech and "I told you so" about the left...

Seems to me he got more support and free PR from not holding the rally than holding one.... Perhaps he's smarter than people think...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• He's not stupid by any means. He is a jackass, however.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                              Jeff is what my mother was--a true conservative Republican that has been pushed out of his party and has nowhere else to turn.
                              Late to the party here, but, Stan, your mother was man? That explains a lot.

That said, in all seriousness, the following is very well said. EXACTLY:

I've always believed that true conservatives want the same things in society as do I but we just have a difference of opinion as to what is the best path to follow to achieve those goals.

Comment

• I see Trump as combining elements from both the Ross Perot and George Wallace campaigns. He appeals the many of the same groups as those guys. Certainly, liberal members of the media are focusing on the latter. They shouldn't ignore it either. If there's a candidate closet racists and bigots are going to vote for in this election, it's probably Donald Trump. Though that's far from the only constituency he has. On his economic populist side there's a lot of crossover with Bernie voters (ironically)

Comment

Working...
                                X