Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    ...Mitt Romney goes on national TV and regurgitates an unfunny version of John Oliver's anti-Trump rant...

Trouble is, both Oliver and Romney were spot on. Trump represents everything that is wrong with this country and reinforces every evil stereotype of Americans in general. He simply taps on voter anger. I want a thinking President, not a squalling meglomaniac. I look forward to the media circus that will ensue when Trump names fellow attention whore Kim Kardashian as his VP nominee.

I predict Kasich will be the brokered nominee. (Trump is, well Trump, and Cruz is completely unelectable despite the intellect. Rubio is a green rube, come talk to us again in 8 years.) Used to be a sure bet that Kasich would be the VP nominee (only cuz he's from Ohio), but now, it looks like he's the only adult standing in the GOP tent. Then all holy hell breaks loose.

I think I'll buy a 50lb bag of popcorn for this election cycle. How long do you think it will take for the first 'docudrama' to come out chronicaling the GOP circus?
    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• My last colonoscopy confirmed what everyone on this listserve knows: I'm a perfect asshole.

Comment

• LOL, well played.

Comment

• The weird thing about this whole election year is the GOP candidates regardless of who they are arguing for a return to the George W. Bush era. lt was a hot mess that Obama took over. The economy has gotten much better, but it still has stagnant wages. It is in much better shape than countries that took on austerity measures. If anything, the US didn't do enough stimulus to goose the economy in 2009 and 2010.

Comment

• The official GOP read on the timeline seems to be that Obama took over and suddenly there was a crisis. That approach seems to be based on people not remembering the actual timeline.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              The weird thing about this whole election year is the GOP candidates regardless of who they are arguing for a return to the George W. Bush era.
              It is a party utterly bankrupt of new ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                Less than 14 hours now till I vote, and I'm somewhat excited. Never thought about it much I know Liney (though maybe under the weather right now) an you Froot loops live in MI. Da Geezer I think lives here? I think Hannibal is out of state, anyway my vote is for.... Trump ☺
                LOL the last Michigan Primary I voted in , was for Pat Buchanan (before he lost his mind), although I voted in 2 Presidential Elections, while living abroad, via Michigan.

Absolutely ZERO interest here, more like the 1500 Republicans that voted in their Alaskan Primary than the 1.2 million Republicans that just voted in the Texas show!
                Last edited by Prime2; March 8, 2016, 02:07 PM.
                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I actually strategically voted for McCain in the 2000 primary over Bush. I didn't think it was a good idea for Bush to be President. That was and still is correct. In the 16 years since, I'm not sure McCain would have been any better.

It doesn't matter now, after that election they made it a closed primary.

Comment

• The "cleansing" was not fun.
                    I think you would like a Jeff Foxworthy skit about his first colonoscopy. You can google it. My Mom died at age 62 of cancer, and I had to start colonoscopies at age 40. I think your son will find that his spouse will be appreciative of him doing so. Just get the Doc's guarantee that he will get to sleep. In my first colonoscopy, they couldn't get me to sleep, so they did it while I was awake. After that, I made sure they put me out.

Wing: I indeed do live in MI and I think I'm going to vote for Kasich. Polls last night show him closing. For me, he is the least bad choice. If Bernie were anything but a goofball, I'd vote for him.
                    Last edited by Da Geezer; March 8, 2016, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      I actually strategically voted for McCain in the 2000 primary over Bush.
                      I did too. When world class jerk-off John Engler COMMANDED all Michigan Republicans to vote for Bush in the primary (as he had 'guaranteed' the state to Bush), I immediately became a McCain supporter. At least during the primary season.

I wonder how the final totals will be come out today. Most of my left leaning friends are voting the Repub ballot. Half are voting Trump (easiest for Hilltron to beat in the general election), half are voting Kasich to try and help force a brokered convention.

Me, I'm sitting home today. There are no worthy candidates on either side of the aisle.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                        I think you would like a Jeff Foxworthy skit about his first colonoscopy. You can google it. My Mom died at age 62 of cancer, and I had to start colonoscopies at age 40. I think your son will find that his spouse will be appreciative of him doing so. Just get the Doc's guarantee that he will get to sleep. In my first colonoscopy, they couldn't get me to sleep, so they did it while I was awake. After that, I made sure they put me out.

Wing: I indeed do live in MI and I think I'm going to vote for Kasich. Polls last night show him closing. For me, he is the least bad choice. If Bernie were anything but a goofball, I'd vote for him.
                        For my first colonoscopy the stuff they gave me was an anesthesia they referred to as twilight that doesn't put you under but they said to try to sleep. I ended up not sleeping and the doctor's monitor was right in front of my face so I watched part of it.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• UKBB: Me too. My doctor was surprised that I didn't go to sleep. After the second dose, he said: "now you have enough medicine to knock out a mule." After that, on the third dose, he said: " well, now you have enough to knock out a rhino." After he said that, I replied, "Doc, I notice the animals are getting bigger and their brains are getting smaller, am I to infer anything from that...."

He was a little Japanese guy, and he said seriously "Mr. (Geezer) you should not be making subtle jokes in your condition."

Comment

• My anesthesiologist said they were going to use the "Michael Jackson Drug" on me. When he told me that beforehand I said, "Huh?" He said, "Oh, don't worry,.. we're going to monitor you carefully"....

yeesh ...

I have to say, it worked. I don't remember a thing.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Liney?

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Eddie, maybe you should ease up on the poor man, he obviously has been through hell.

The only poster I bet that can endure that sort of pounding and keep a smile is resident Rump Ranger Hack.
                                "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Working...
                                X