Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    What's ironic is who is now pushing for a colorblind America and who sees EVERYTHING in terms of race.
    Agree. Additionally, the black subculture in Hollywood has become increasing exclusionary itself. One would think that black producers and filmmakers would be creating films that represent the society they wish to see, but what we really get are esoteric Tyler Madea movies with an all-black cast aimed at black audiences.

Even Stacey Dash gets it.

Comment

• Yeah. An armed gang-banging felon is a suspect in a violent crime. He refuses to put down the deadly weapon and is subsequently shot by police. The police are the bad guys in this scenario to a large population.

Comment

• Agree. Additionally, the black subculture in Hollywood has become increasing exclusionary itself. One would think that black producers and filmmakers would be creating films that represent the society they wish to see, but what we really get are esoteric Tyler Madea movies with an all-black cast aimed at black audiences.
        Correct. And, FTR, I believe AAs have won 10 of the past 80 actor awards over the past 20 years and are relatively proportionally cast. And, of course, there is scarcely a more liberal place in the US. Nevermind all of that.

Anywho, there's a film about Nat Turner out this year. I'll bet anyone a sixer that it wins Best Picture. I don't need to see it. I don't need to see what else comes out. It's a done deal.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If there's one aspect of society where black people are underrepresented, it's the entertainment industry!

Comment

• A snapshot of next year's nominees will look like the United Nations, guaranteed.

Comment

• And just like this year, none of the actors/movies nominated will any better than what an 8th grade film class puts out.
              “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                And just like this year, none of the actors/movies nominated will any better than what an 8th grade film class puts out.
                Lets not carried away here. IDK too many 8th graders who could emulate Leo or Redmayne's performances.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                  I'll try to post the story when I'm on less medication,.... But cancer is quite the curve ball in life. For now.... I'm doing a lot of resting and on a good path to recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Rest good and stay on that path.

Comment

• Has anyone seen Spotlight? That's on my list to see with Revenant and Bridge of Spies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                      The part on the left isn't photoshopped.
                      Which leads to the question of, if so, why you'd discredit a real photo by pairing it with a bad photoshop. But, in truth, so what? I don't know how you actually find any meaning in this or why not pay attention to things of more consequence.

Comment

• A Trump presidency will be Rocky-friendly

Comment

• I'm sold. TRUMP 2016!

Comment

• I don't know about America as a whole, but several of those have the potential to make someone's next weekend pretty great.
                            Last edited by hack; February 29, 2016, 03:40 PM. Reason: `

Comment

• Have to turn Camp David into a bordello.
                              "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Speaking of Trump, here is a very enlightening assessment of Trump by David Stockman, the good and the bad.

America will need the Almighty’s unstinting favor if Donald Trump becomes our 45th President. Still, blessed be The Donald for running a demolition derby in the Republican primaries. There is no hope for the future of capitalist prosperity and a free society at home and world peace abroad unless the Republican Party is destroyed. And, by golly, Trump may well accomplish the […]

Comment

Working...
                                X