• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hodgkal View Post
    "The days of the Moral Majority are past."

A friend of mine used to have a bumper sticker that said:

The moral majority is neither.
    So did my landlady up at school.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Succinct and accurate. When I think of individuals with high moral character, Jerry Falwell, is closer to the bottom of the list than the top. The movement wasn't without it's successes, however. As the GOP was effectively co-opted by the religious right, I GTFO.

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

I'll try to post the story when I'm on less medication,.... But cancer is quite the curve ball in life. For now.... I'm doing a lot of resting and on a good path to recovery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
        Last edited by entropy; February 28, 2016, 11:59 PM.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Sorry, I've been traveling Ent., wish you a speedy recovery.
          "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Hoping for a speedy recovery!

Comment

• Praying for a speedy and complete recovery for you ENT

Comment

• Bests with it, Ent. You can do it!

Comment

• Likewise, Entropy. Really glad to hear things are looking good.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                    This is clearly photoshopped, but what I'm interested in knowing is whether OP's wife knows about this girlfriend of his.

The part on the left isn't photoshopped.

Comment

• Re Black voting patterns, there was a pretty good article on the difference between white and black Ds. White Ds coalesce around ideology. So they embrace "The Burn". They mostly describe themselves as "liberal" with a smattering of "moderates" and very few "conservatives." AAs coalesce around the party. Their liberal/moderate/conservative breakdown is far more evenly distributed. So, while black church folks donning their Sunday crowns may be way more ideologically closer to white evangelicals, they still vote the party. That's part of the reason "The Burn" has little chance with AAs. You know, he's not a D.

Comment

• The racist meltdown coming from the Berniebros is hilarious.

Comment

• Its funny how much is about race is ?Post Racial America?. The Oscars last night were, of course, over the top with the subject of dis-inclusionment of blacks. I did find it interesting though, when Chris Rock went out on the street in LA to interview black people about the controversy, none of them knew anything about ?Spotlight?, Bridge of Spies? or ?The Room?. One of them didn?t even know who Tom Hanks was. But every single one of them saw ?Straight Outta Compton?.

I wonder if he had the segment edited to make that specific point. I kinda hope so.

Comment

• Its funny how much is about race is “Post Racial America”.
                            Funny isn't the word I'd use for it. Identity politics will never go away.

What's ironic is who is now pushing for a colorblind America and who sees EVERYTHING in terms of race.

The Oscars "flap" was just one more inane "controversy".

Comment

• And then there are people who flat out make things up. Anyone hear about this?

Alleged hate crime victims were actually the perpetrators, police say.

3 black students said they were assaulted by a group of white men and women.

Charges against the women include assault and falsely reporting an incident.

Three State University of New York at Albany students who claimed to be hate crime victims are being accused of making up the assault, campus police say.
                              Last edited by Mike; February 29, 2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

• There's a website that tracks those things, Mike. There's roughly 300 documented fabrications. Generally speaking, if it sounds "too perfect" then it's a fucking hoax.

Comment

Working...
                                X