Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    RE: I get that if you're eating on the go, cereal not a viable option. This is a nice red meat story for Fox's Viewership (who tend to be over 50 and resent the young with a passion)
    A six year old will fix himself a bowl of cereal if you leave everything low enough on the shelves. Are the Millenials really that busy working at Starbucks that they don't have time to do this and then rinse out the bowl after?

Comment

• There's only been two contests that were true direct votes (caucuses are harder to compare IMO)

Total Votes New Hampshire Primary (D)
      2008: 287,557
      2012: 60,659
      2016:250,983

Total Votes South Carolina Primary (D)
      2008: 532,468
      2012: ?
      2016: 369,526

Having trouble finding So Carolina in 2012 results because Obama ran unopposed...guessing the actual numbers are very low. Worth noting that in 2008 you did have John Edwards running as a viable 3rd candidate. But lack of enthusiasm for Hillary is certainly noticeable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        A six year old will fix himself a bowl of cereal if you leave everything low enough on the shelves. Are the Millenials really that busy working at Starbucks that they don't have time to do this and then rinse out the bowl after?
        Those lazy ass millennials. Won't eat Lucky Charms. That's un-American.

Comment

• Agree on Sanders ...... there is no way he gets the nod at the Convention.

Sure, voters are "mad as hell," but when you start thinking about Senator Bernie Sanders as President Sanders, when you think about mobilizing your voter base - something that has only a marginal impact in the primaries - when you actually realize that Sanders, as President, has enormous potential to wreak absolute havoc on fundamental aspects of the American economy and governance, even the least informed voter is going to get that message. If not on their own, then through the drum beat of attacks against him that will be in the news and on every network broadcast.

I also think Trump is going to get excluded too but that is much less certain. That is because there is not a single dominant candidate in the Republican party akin to Clinton in the Democratic Party that can capture enough delegates to make it a slam dunk. If Trump does get a plurality of delegates at the Republican Convention but can't manage a majority, there is going to be a brokered nominee and it will not be Trump.

Rubio and Cruz did a decent job of pulling Trump's pants down at the last debate. He has yet to articulate how he is going to bring about the changes he boasts about. He's a wind bag appealing to a large majority of pissed off Americans none of whom have the wherewithal to understand that he has no business or capacity to operate effectively as the President of the United States. Like Democrat Sanders will get exposed and hammered going forward by Clinton , Trump is going to get absolutely hammered in a Presidential election by Clinton if he ends up running against her.

The Republican establishment knows this and despite aversions that they will go with the will of the people, there is no way they will let Trump get on the Presidential ticket representing the Republican Party.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Of course, there are other reasons given for why cereal sales are down, not just "millenials are too damn lazy". One being that many people have caught on that you might as well feed your kids straight sugar in the morning rather than two bowls of Cookie Crisp or Apple Jacks or Frosted Flakes.

But that doesn't carry the sort of "the world is going to hell!" message that FoxNews viewers crave. No doubt there are white middle-aged Archie Bunkers across America, sipping their Busch Lite, and mad as hell that a foreign pinko food like the "breakfast burrito" is gaining popularity over the patriotic and nutritious Cap'n Crunch.

I've even seen that millennials are staying away from McDonald's too. Horrifying.

Comment

• I like to eat cereal because I'm lazy in the morning. It suits me perfectly.

Comment

• The Republican establishment knows this and despite aversions that they will go with the will of the people, there is no way they will let Trump get on the Presidential ticket representing the Republican Party.
                After Tuesday, Rubio has to take every state in order to get to 1,243. Not likely. Cruz only has an opportunity if he takes Ohio, Michigan and Florida. Not likely. If all the Rs can get together there is a less than 30% chance of a brokered convention. I just don't think that will happen. I hope I'm wrong.

I haven't heard this anywhere, but I think this year has proven that economics are more important to voters than religion. Evangelicals going for Trump just doesn't make sense except for anger and job-loss. The Ryan budget helped create Trump.

On the D side, many, if not most, blacks are evangelicals, but they do not reflect that in their voting. The days of the Moral Majority are past.

Comment

I've even seen that millennials are staying away from McDonald's too.
                  Non millennials are staying away from McDonald's too.
                  "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Geezer are you familiar with the phrase "It's the economy, stupid"? This is nothing new. Even if the economy is strong, the opposition party runs on the platform that it should be even better.

Comment

• On the D side, many, if not most, blacks are evangelicals, but they do not reflect that in their voting. The days of the Moral Majority are past.
                      This is interesting, because when you pin down most black evangelical leaders, they are opposed to homosexuality, and gay marriage. They believe the traditional Biblical laws regarding the subject. Yet, they can't wait to pull the lever for Hillary, who, in turn, can't wait to appoint the next USSC Justice, that believes the same.

However, I don't recall black evangelicals ever embracing Jerry Falwell and the moral majority.

ps .. and when I say "black evangelical leaders", I do not consider Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson to be among them. They are about as far away from being evangelical, as Talent is from being a Michigan fan.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• This is clearly photoshopped, but what I'm interested in knowing is whether OP's wife knows about this girlfriend of his.

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                          when you actually realize that Sanders, as President, has enormous potential to wreak absolute havoc on fundamental aspects of the American economy and governance, even the least informed voter is going to get that message.
                          Depends on the message. I don't think there's a chance in hell anyone could argue that Bernie would be BAD for governance. Is there somebody who DOESN'T want good governance?
                          Last edited by hack; February 28, 2016, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Those lazy ass millennials. Won't eat Lucky Charms. That's un-American.
                            Its their loss. Magically delicious and such shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              They are about as far away from being evangelical, as Talent is from being a Michigan fan.
                              Lets not get carried away with the hyperbole now.

Comment

• "The days of the Moral Majority are past."

A friend of mine used to have a bumper sticker that said:

The moral majority is neither.

Comment

Working...
                                X