No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If its Hillary vs Trump, she won't even have to leave her living room after the convention.

She can campaign via the nightly news, and still beat Trump. Many Republican voters will vote for her instead of Trump.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
      Prime said:

With 38% of the votes.

I know a lot of Republicans who now are talking about a four-way race with Bloomberg and an unnamed establishment Republican. Their hope is to throw the vote into the House where they control 30 states. Basically the same plan that the Democrats employed in 1860.
      1992 Election - 43% Clinton, - 37.4% Bush, - 18.9% Perot.

More peopled voted against Clinton than for him.
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
        1992 Election - 43% Clinton, - 37.4% Bush, - 18.9% Perot.

More peopled voted against Clinton than for him.
        I've seen that reversed by the Dems too. They take the 43% for Clinton, and combine it with the 18% by Perot, and say 61% voted against Bush.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          Hitler wasn't elected. He got beaten soundly in an election against Hindenburg and then was appointed..
          On August 19th in 1934, Adolf Hitler, already chancellor, is also elected president of Germany in an unprecedented consolidation of power in the short history of the republic.

In 1932, German President Paul von Hindenburg, old, tired, and a bit senile, had won re-election as president, but had lost a considerable portion of his right/conservative support to the Nazi Party. Those close to the president wanted a cozier relationship to Hitler and the Nazis. Hindenburg had contempt for the Nazis’ lawlessness, but ultimately agreed to oust his chancellor, Heinrich Bruning, for Franz von Papen, who was willing to appease the Nazis by lifting the ban on Hitler’s Brown Shirts and unilaterally canceling Germany’s reparation payments, imposed by the Treaty of Versailles at the close of World War I.

But Hitler was not appeased. He wanted the chancellorship for himself. Papen’s policies failed on another front: His authoritarian rule alienated his supporters, and he too was forced to resign. He then made common cause with Hitler, persuading President Hindenburg to appoint Hitler chancellor and himself vice-chancellor. He promised the president that he would restrain Hitler’s worst tendencies and that a majority of the Cabinet would go to non-Nazis. As Hindenburg’s current chancellor could no longer gain a majority in the Reichstag, and Hitler could bring together a larger swath of the masses and a unified right/conservative/nationalist coalition, the president gave in. In January 1933, Hitler was named chancellor of Germany.

But that was not enough for Hitler either. In February 1933, Hitler blamed a devastating Reichstag fire on the communists (its true cause remains a mystery) and convinced President Hindenburg to sign a decree suspending individual and civil liberties, a decree Hitler used to silence his political enemies with false arrests. Upon the death of Hindenburg in 1934, Hitler proceeded to purge the Brown Shirts (his storm troopers), the head of which, Ernst Roem, had began voicing opposition to the Nazi Party’s terror tactics. Hitler had Roem executed without trial, which encouraged the army and other reactionary forces within the country to urge Hitler to further consolidate his power by merging the presidency and the chancellorship. This would make Hitler commander of the army as well. A plebiscite vote was held on August 19. Intimidation, and fear of the communists, brought Hitler a 90 percent majority. He was now, for all intents and purposes, dictator.
          . History Channel

Comment

• Dictator's dinner: Hitler tailored his diet to cope with his chronic flatulence Alamy.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Many Republican voters will vote for her instead of Trump.
              LMAO no they won't.

Comment

• LMAO times two.

Comment

• Some news this evening about the shooter:

1) The shooter was an Uber driver. Immediately before the first shooting, (there were at least 2) shooter picked up a fare. He drove the passenger at 80 mph down West Main, which in Kzoo, is indeed a main street. When the passenger got out of the car he immediately took to twitter to warn others.

2) Shooter's family has not been seen since Thursday, and the neighbors have noticed that shooter has been acting weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    I've seen that reversed by the Dems too. They take the 43% for Clinton, and combine it with the 18% by Perot, and say 61% voted against Bush.
                    Its a misconception that Perot cost Bush the 1992 election.

Exit polling indicated a near-even split between those stating their 2nd choice to be Bush or Clinton. Also, Clinton had a double-digit lead over Bush- as much as 25 points in some polls- following Perot's exit from the race in the summer. When Perot re-entered the race in October, that lead shrank to single digits.

If anything, Ross Perot prevented Clinton from taking Bush behind the woodshed.

Comment

• The GOP has been gameplanning for an anti-Hillary campaign for ten years so they're going to be ready with a variety of shots from every angle, both above and below the belt.

With Trump as their candidate though, I think its going to lose alot of its effectiveness. His past is full of all kinds of holes and skeletons in its own right, and the Dem haven't even begun to pry it open yet. He doesn't play to Evangelicals like Cruz, and his chances of scoring with Latinos like Rubio might have....lol.

It would be a shit-ass, potentially all-time low of a campaign...but I think Hillary would win. Just being herself, and Trump being himself, I think it turns out that way.

Comment

• I admit it, I watch the HBO medieval soap opera Game of Thrones. Well, some Aussie has spliced scenes from it and pasted in everybody's favorite candidate Donald Trump. Without further ado, I present the "Winter Is Trumping".

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0tE6T-ecmg"]Winter is Trumping - YouTube[/ame]
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• What is this show you speak of?

If Trump manages to stay alive until he gets his Secret Service detail, he'll earn my vote. Rank and file Republicans will have no choice but to coalesce around him, doubt their are enough Blue Dog Democrats and moderates willing to abandon Hillary to put him over the top in the General.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                            Its a misconception that Perot cost Bush the 1992 election.

Exit polling indicated a near-even split between those stating their 2nd choice to be Bush or Clinton. Also, Clinton had a double-digit lead over Bush- as much as 25 points in some polls- following Perot's exit from the race in the summer. When Perot re-entered the race in October, that lead shrank to single digits.

If anything, Ross Perot prevented Clinton from taking Bush behind the woodshed.
                            This. Perot and Clinton largely split the huge block of voters who were simply unsatisfied with Bush.

Comment

• And the rest of the story:

Hitler 'had tiny deformed penis' as well as just one testicle, historians claim - The Telegraph
                              Hitler suffered from a condition called hypospadias which left him with an abnormally small manhood, according to historians Jonathan Mayo and Emma Craigie

Comment

• Hoss and Hanni are correct.

Back in the days of "PNN" I did a "detailed breakdown" of this. In the key electoral college states, Bush would have had to win Perot voters by 75% and they broke way closer to 50%. I think it still ate into Bush more than Clinton, but just nowhere close to the amount needed to "cost" Bush the election.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X