No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just want one of those really cool hats with the braided cord that goes across the bill.

Comment

• Jon -- I do think that Trump will beat Hillary, for the reasons that I stated above. In the end, I don't think that most people are going to care about his personality. If he gets the nomination I think that he will win some states like Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania that have been going mostly blue recently. His "bring our jobs back from Mexico" message will play very strongly in the rust belt. I don't know if he can prove it, but he also is claiming that he was against the Iraq War from the beginning. If he has some sound bites of him saying that, it will be huge, since Hillary voted for it.
      Last edited by Hannibal; February 11, 2016, 09:37 AM.

Comment

• I can't see him receiving a majority of votes to win the general election. He can sweep most of the primaries with 25%-30% because of the number of candidates on the ballot. Not sure if he'd get enough in a zero sum game.

Comment

• Hilary pretty much has the African American and Hispanic vote locked up in the South.
          I think we should be careful following what seems to be logical until some votes are counted. Hillary was supposed to be a lock to take the women's vote, but she lost it in NH. I think it remains an open question on where millennial blacks and latinos fall in this cycle.

Comment

• Another factor in the Trump electability equation is his family. When Trump stands with his family, Melinia on one side and Ivanka on the other, it is a fine looking bunch. Last week's Sports Illustrated had an article about the ability of humans to pick out good leadership by seeing a brief photo of a given man ( in SI's case of quarterbacks). This may seem anti-intellectual, but it has long been known that Nixon won his debate with Kennedy on the radio, but lost it on television.

Comment

• Tanehsi Coates endorsed Bernie. Coates is one of the most prominent black literary voices/pundit. And there's Killer Mike. So I agree that those votes aren't signed / sealed for Hilltron4000.

Comment

• IMO.. when you see famous female friends of Hillary discuss the fact that all women should vote for her and how they've defined women who don't, it is clear to me Hillary's camp is worried about certain demographics they thought they'd own.
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  Jon -- I do think that Trump will beat Hillary, for the reasons that I stated above.
                  Personally, I do not want an unstable, bellicose candidate from either major party. Trump makes Hillary look like the voice of reason, him being the voice of unbalanced passion. My faith in the American electorate, while shaken, is that they will in the end, reject Trump and his cartoonish persona. Although I doubt it, Super Tuesday could be the beginning of the end. There's a lot of low information voters there that could vote evangelical (Cruz) or rally behind the predominant outsider (Trump). Kasich won't fare well there I think, but I wish he would. It may take a brokered convention to save the GOP from itself. What would happen if it came down to (Trump) "Give me the nomination or I run independent?" Would the GOP cave?

A Trump nomination will guarantee another Clinton White House. A lose/lose situation in my view. The same people who think Trump would beat Clinton are the same who thought Romney would beat Obama. A huge part of the problem in this country is that people vote "R" or "D" without actually caring who the candidate is.

When considering the radical, no political experience candidate, be careful what you wish for.
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Einstein's gravitational wave prediction comes true

Comment

• Did Einstein have any crystal balls out for Dylan Moses?

Comment

• News today that 10-30 Hillary staffers were in the email chains of the SAP emails. I guess now the media is calling them Top Secret, so I'll do that too. Each send/receive is a separate felony, and gives the government the opportunity to charge the staffers criminally and ultimately turn them state's evidence.

Jon: I remember clearly when things that are now being said about Trump were being said about Reagan.

Comment

• I'll say it again.. if any of us did this, we'd already be in jail.

Comment

• A federal indictment is the only thing that can stop the Hiltron4000. MAYBE Godzilla but not likely.

Comment

• And there won't be a federal indictment because Obama controls the Justice Department. So I'd say she's probably safe.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X