No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm starting to wonder why gas is as much as $1.79/gallon. Should be cheaper at $30/barrel.
    I suspect that the increase in gas tax by the state is another reason for the "high" cost of gasoline.

For you who do not live in MI, the political class tried to get a $ 1.2 billion increase in gas tax in May of 2015 via a referendum. It was rejected by a margin of 80% to 20%. So the legislature did a "compromise", using $ 600 million of existing funds, and $ 600 million of a rising gas tax. This has been well hidden by the media (and I note that no one here has mentioned it here).

Comment

• And yet, oddly enough, Michigan had the lowest gas price in the country as of a month ago.

It's dropped since this was written. I can fill up for $1.37 with a car wash where I live today.
      Last edited by Mike; January 21, 2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

• On a completely different issue, Hilliary has been found to have at least 24 emails deemed SAP on her home server (and sent to Sid Blumenthal). This from the Inspector General of the Intelligence services.

SAP is a classification above Top Secret and around 10 government officials have it. It relates to the actual names of agents and double agents in other countries, among other things. When Hillary says she did not store or send any "classified" intel, she is telling the truth. The classifications are Confidential, Secret. Top Secret, and then SAP (along with 2 others I believe). So when she says that she didn't receive any document marked "Classified", that is true. There are no documents marked classified. This is basically a word game, like " . . . it depends on what the definition of 'is' is." The IG of intelligence was not authorized to even investigate the SAP documents without getting higher clearance.

Another feature of SAP is that it requires going through a portal to view any SAP document. Basically, this involves the same thing as clicking on a link in an email. In other words, it is not possible for the recipient of such a document to claim she did not know of the classification.

Comment

• And yet, oddly enough, Michigan had the lowest gas price in the country as of a month ago.
          And the gas tax rose on January 1, I believe.

Not worth arguing about, but when the question of "why" comes up when oil drops by 60% and gasoline does not, taxes are one factor.
          Last edited by Da Geezer; January 21, 2016, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            On a completely different issue, Hilliary has been found to have at least 24 emails deemed SAP on her home server (and sent to Sid Blumenthal). This from the Inspector General of the Intelligence services.

SAP is a classification above Top Secret and around 10 government officials have it. It relates to the actual names of agents and double agents in other countries, among other things. When Hillary says she did not store or send any "classified" intel, she is telling the truth. The classifications are Confidential, Secret. Top Secret, and then SAP (along with 2 others I believe). So when she says that she didn't receive any document marked "Classified", that is true. There are no documents marked classified. This is basically a word game, like " . . . it depends on what the definition of 'is' is." The IG of intelligence was not authorized to even investigate the SAP documents without getting higher clearance.

Another feature of SAP is that it requires going through a portal to view any SAP document. Basically, this involves the same thing as clicking on a link in an email. In other words, it is not possible for the recipient of such a document to claim she did not know of the classification.

Wasn't Hillary kicked off the Nixon investigation for lying? Tigers don't change their stripes and way too many see democrat and think ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Well the Clintons are amongst the most scrutinized politicians in history. Is she dirtier than average? I don't know, but when it comes to public service and keeping it clean I'm in favor heads rolling at every opportunity. I hope it takes her down, though I think Bernie's got the pulse of the nation on this one.

Comment

• Just heard a quote that if oil actually came in a barrel the barrel would be worth more than the oil it holds.
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• I heard that too, UK. Barrel costs $ 99.00 and $ 94.00 if you buy 4.

Comment

• It turns out that the ACLU and Michigan Radio had quite a lot to do with making sure that the Flint situation was not covered up. Not a bad treatment of the situation:

ACLU and Michigan Radio shed light on government accountability dodges

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      Tigers don't change their stripes and way too many see democrat and think ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      That does go both ways....I work in a state that in which only LBJ won an election since FDR was in office. And FDR only won his first two terms; even in 1944 Kansas went against him.

Then it re-elected Sam Brownback, despite much of his own party campaigning against him.

That's difficult to top.
                      Last edited by Wild Hoss; January 21, 2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                        I heard that too, UK. Barrel costs $ 99.00 and $ 94.00 if you buy 4.
                        That's funny.

Its some small measure of balance for how badly were were gouged in 2000's.

Comment

• [youtube]L_Ua53PJlv8[/youtube]

Comment

• Trump's feud with FoxNews boils over and he's boycotting the last debate before Iowa

Comment

• Interesting tactic.

Comment

• This Trump thing is fascinating, he is running circles around this motley crew of candidates. There has always been a thought that a self financed candidate would be great because he wouldn't be tethered to these donors. But generally these candidates are boring billionaires who are normally donors. There hasn't been anything close to Trump in a long time if ever.

Politicians generally speak in codes and use dog whistles, not Trump he speaks in insults and brags. His twitter account sometimes appears like it was written by The Onion. If he wins Iowa, he may run the table.

Comment

Working...
                                X