No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary's godawful. I will not vote for her in the primary. If the R's lose their minds and nominate Trump I'll hold my nose and vote for her. 30 years ago she would've been considered a moderate to right-leaning Republican.

Comment

• So, what R candidate would you vote for over the PAH?
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        Sanders is a fruitcake. I have an uncle in Scotland who remonds me of Bernie.

On the vote: what's funny if you do a blind assessment of policies (aside from the tv rhetoric), the PAH is more hawkish and conservative than The Donald in many respects. Pragmatic? Yes. Nicely phrased. I'll probably do the same and give her my vote, too. Not that it matters in Alabama. The R's candidate will carry 85% of the vote.
        Describe a fair number of laws/policies passed by Ronald Reagan without mentioning his name and you'd convince a fair number of people that some flaming liberal has passed it.

Comment

So, what R candidate would you vote for over the PAH?
          Probably Kasich. Possibly Rubio. I like Rand Paul on a number of things. Problem is most all of them want unrestricted power given to the NSA, DHS, CIA, FBI, etc. and yet squeal that constitutional rights are being violated when you have to wait three days for your handgun.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Describe a fair number of laws/policies passed by Ronald Reagan without mentioning his name and you'd convince a fair number of people that some flaming liberal has passed it.

Same with Nixon.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Probably Kasich. Possibly Rubio. I like Rand Paul on a number of things. Problem is most all of them want unrestricted power given to the NSA, DHS, CIA, FBI, etc. and yet squeal that constitutional rights are being violated when you have to wait three days for your handgun.
              Of the ones that you mentioned, only Rubio, I think, has a chance.

Comment

The Lt. Gov. of Texas was on the BBC today. He denounced Obama's latest gun speech and called for an end to any and all background checks.
                Dark storm clouds on the horizon DSL. Reluctantly you will have to learn to use a firearm.

Strongly suggest you get your hands on all the Mad Max DVD's you can find too.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

Same with Nixon.
                  Oh absolutely Nixon. He would almost be to the Left of Sanders in today's Republican primary.

I know neither Kasich or Paul has a chance. Paul probably won't even be at the big boy table in the next debate. I'll vote for Hills over Trump, Cruz, or Carson and probably Bush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
                    Dark storm clouds on the horizon DSL. Reluctantly you will have to learn to use a firearm.

Strongly suggest you get your hands on all the Mad Max DVD's you can find too.

Crime is the lowest it's been since the early 70's.

Guess who has a huge stake in wanting you to live in fear and feel like rapists and murderers will jump out at you any minute? GUN MANUFACTURERS

Comment

• I'd vote for Rubio and Kasich. I'm a little unsure about Rubio be primetime, but whatever. Cruz is f'n brilliant. If he weren't so damn conservative then I'd easily vote for him. But, well, he is.

If it's Trump-Sanders then all is lost. I'd vote for OP over either of those two.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        I'd vote for Rubio and Kasich. I'm a little unsure about Rubio be primetime, but whatever. Cruz is f'n brilliant. If he weren't so damn conservative then I'd easily vote for him. But, well, he is.

If it's Trump-Sanders then all is lost. I'd vote for OP over either of those two.
                        Trump and Cruz have a lot in common. Both are showmen first and foremost. I'll try to find an article I saw a while ago that pointed out how Cruz's political beliefs basically evolve to whatever is popular on conservative talk radio...and the big names in conservative talk radio are rallying around him.

Comment

Crime is the lowest it's been since the early 70's.

Guess who has a huge stake in wanting you to live in fear and feel like rapists and murderers will jump out at you any minute? GUN MANUFACTURERS

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I'd vote for Rubio and Kasich. I'm a little unsure about Rubio be primetime, but whatever. Cruz is f'n brilliant. If he weren't so damn conservative then I'd easily vote for him. But, well, he is.

If it's Sanders-Trump, I will be visiting relatives in Aberdeen for 4 years.

Comment

• 95% of Bernie's program has no chance of passing. Enough Congressmen might be intimidated enough to pass a Trump edict banning Islam or ending food stamps for good.

Comment

• Cruz is a politician for sure. I'm just saying - dude is really smart and accomplished.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X