• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks the tip. Will check it out...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mackenzie View Post
      To any of our officiating crew members.

What the heck are all the refs saying when they huddle up after a flag is thrown? I was watching the Denver/KC game last night and thought it would be kinda cool to be in the middle of one of these post-flag sessions to hear what is said. Seems like a lot of talking is going on and everyone has something to say. Has anyone on the board ever been in a real unique or perplexing discussion after a flag. Any arguments?
      I don't think any of our posters here with experience refereeing, maybe Linesman will comment, but Wiz isn't going to say squat and for good reason.

Hate it but that's the way it has to be for him.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Thanks. Would be interesting to hear someone's comments.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          OT::
          I know The Wire has been discussed on here as one of the best series ever...and I agree. But has anyone watched Narcos on Netflix? I'm only 5 episodes in, but I think it's gonna better than that. Damn good.
          Usually we are talking about where we are going to eat after the game...or discussing hot chicks in the stands...we just talk to make it look like we are in deep discussion...liney's crew probably talks about the IW he blew in the first half...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mackenzie View Post
            Is it really that good or something you read so you can fall asleep at night?
            Its that good, but I have a bend for history with a background in aviation. Many will recognize names like Dowding, Milch, Goering, and Trenchard, but the majority of players in the book are being lost in the mists of time. It covers in great detail the actions of men before and in warfare without the glamour or glory. It mostly shows that wars are won by the selfless courage of individuals and which side effs up the fewest times. Rah-rah history books pervert reality and lose the lessons that might one day allow us to avoid conflict rather than initiate it.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• the two HS kid who targeted the ref are claiming their coach told them to do it... I suspect he said something about the ref and the kids took it to the next level...
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
                Its that good, but I have a bend for history with a background in aviation. Many will recognize names like Dowding, Milch, Goering, and Trenchard, but the majority of players in the book are being lost in the mists of time. It covers in great detail the actions of men before and in warfare without the glamour or glory. It mostly shows that wars are won by the selfless courage of individuals and which side effs up the fewest times. Rah-rah history books pervert reality and lose the lessons that might one day allow us to avoid conflict rather than initiate it.
                My interests probably not the same as yours but I'm always looking for a good read and you did mention Clancy. Will add it to my list if available thru the library loan (kindle) and give it a chance.

Comment

• I heard they were going to speak on ABC's Good Morning America and promptly left the room.

Whatever happened happened because those two little turds took it upon themselves to inflict pain on a ref in a deliberate and premeditated way. The coach might have said something and it might have been ill advised but that is no excuse for these two to do what they did.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Liney - You got mail at mgoblue.

Hanni - Did you post under your actual name back in Freep days? I was rumaging through some old CDs and found some classic threads from '97 that had been archived.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Jon- I can't access that email anymore. Shoot it to me at lineygoblue@gmail.com
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                        OT::
                        I know The Wire has been discussed on here as one of the best series ever...and I agree. But has anyone watched Narcos on Netflix? I'm only 5 episodes in, but I think it's gonna better than that. Damn good.
                        Just finished up Narcos. Show is legit.
                        Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• RIP Maureen O'Hara. Beautiful lady in her day

Comment

• Linked below is an interesting article about the predicament ESPN is in. While they are experiencing $600+ Million of revenue losses from cable carriage of their programming, they have signed deals over the last 4 years that are going to cost them $2.8 Billion.

These are astonishingly big numbers which the article seems to believe ESPN will survive. If, like most, you believe the quality of their college sports product has declined so precipitously over the last decade, you'd probably clap if they went under.

Also of note, the losses are not from cable cutters but from cable shavers ...... Like me. I cut the cost of my package with COMCAST in half mostly by ditching HD programming and relying on OTA and Roku. To get ESPN via this approach, I still have to maintain one of the middle tier packages but can get the sports pack for $5. This way, I turn on my Roku and stream any ESPN programming I want by signing in with my Comcast user ID and PW. ESPN, As explained in the article, cut their own throats by working to negotiate higher carry fees for their programming by placing it on the upper programming tiers of the cable companies but still allowing it to be included in lower tiered packages when combined with the sports pack.

Interesting world.

Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; October 27, 2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• ESPN really lost its way when they focused on entertainment and not the sports themselves. When every show is a debate to create hits/comments/views... at a certain point people are exhausted.

I still think letting the product do the talking works better in the long run.
                              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I think they should embrace a concept I like to call ``Inside the Lines''. But I'm not just gonna give away my idea for free here. They'll have to pay good money to hear the details.

Comment

Working...
                                X