No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if Chris Berman's death will get the same treatment. I hope we don't have to go through this every time ESPN loses someone. All they do is report on sporting events in a mostly annoying fashion.
    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• If he dies before retirement age, then I think that it will probably get even more. Berman is probably the most influential sports broadcaster of my lifetime.

Comment

• Of course it will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          If he dies before retirement age, then I think that it will probably get even more. Berman is probably the most influential sports broadcaster of my lifetime.
          That's what I'm thinking. I've always lumped Stuart Scott in with the rest of the on-air personalities. That's why I'm surprised at the level of coverage his death is getting. Howard Cosell, whom I loathed, was a hell of a lot more influential, but his death did not rise to anywhere near the same level as far as sympathy and coverage. Must just be due to the era of wall-to-wall coverage of everything sports and the elevation of the people who cover them to cult figures.

Comment

• Cosell died in a different era. Networks very consciously market their on-air talent now. And, in part, because ESPN let people formerly described as ``news readers'' ham it up a bit. Which was great. Most of us loved those early years of Sportscentre. Now of course it's too much of a good thing and any time something tragic like this happens it will be milked to the greatest extent possible.

Comment

• Whatever became of Craig Kilborn? I really liked him on SC and thought he was decent on The Daily Show. I guess his thinking he had an acting career ahead of him turned into one of the worst things ever for Fox News. They might still be regarded as legit news by some if he'd stayed.

Comment

• I forgot he followed Letterman.
                [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Kilborn"]Craig Kilborn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

I guess he left another show that improved after his departure.

Comment

• BOO-YAH
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Kilborn was never on Fox News?

Comment

• I think he's referencing John Stewart being hired after Kilborn left.

Comment

• The "completing the process" rule strikes again in the NFL.

Looked like a catch to me, .. but not in the NFL.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Not sad to see Dallas get ripped off after last week, but my god the NFL has some stupid rules. That's a catch. He was down at the one yard line.

Comment

• I thought it was a catch too.

Its a dumb rule that needs to change.

If you have control of the ball, its a catch. Period. Anything that happens after you control it should not matter.

Especially if its in the endzone. On a running play, all you need is for the ball to "break the plane". Well, if the ball is caught in the endzone, and controlled, hasn't the "plane" been "broken"? The "completing the process" thing is just stupid.

Since Jerry Jones has been screwed now, it will probably change.

Comment

• The NFL has no credibility with their stupid rules.

Last edited by Rocky Bleier; January 11, 2015, 06:02 PM.

Comment

• I agree that a lot of NFL rules are stupid, and they have very little credibility.

But, according to their current rules, its not a catch. After your loop ends, the receiver let go of the ball.

If it wasn't a catch for Calvin Johnson, its not a catch for the Dallas Cowboys.

I almost would have liked to see that Dallas defense against the Seahawks.

Comment

Working...
                                X