No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 was better. Disappointed by US effort.

Canada has the best 8 defensemen in the world.

Bring on Team IKEA.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Babcock & Yzerman's "Red Wall of Canada", developed over a year ago.

Heavily criticized, layered-defensive strategy adopted even though you've got the greatest offensive players in the game.

B & Y built a team to win on International ice, not run-n-gun.

Precision-guided ordnance on the PP.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 21, 2014, 04:54 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Only got to watch bits of the game while at work, but we looked pretty damn good. The goals aren't flowing, but the defense is dominant.

Comment

• Off the subject for just a moment...

Someone asked me on another site how my little brother is doing following his heart surgery.

First, I want to acknowledge the fine medical staff at Indiana Heart Hospital in Indianapolis for their quick actions on behalf of my brother. He had a heart attack on a Thursday evening, and on Friday morning at 8:00 am, they did quintuple bypass surgery on him. They didn't waste any time. It likely saved his life.

He is home now, and doing well. He has begun physical therapy, and reports that he's able to do exercises and not feel winded. The doctors told him however, that if he wants to grow old, he needs to develop a taste for rabbit food. He needs to lose the cigarettes too.

He and his fiancee plan to marry later this year. She just recently had back surgery, and now this with my brother. So, they've not set a date yet.

Thanks to those who asked. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Good luck to him. Glad he got past the emergency part.

Comment

• Sorry to learn of this Liney, wish him a speedy recovery and the best.

Comment

• Great news. Coincidentially I was thinking about your brother just this morning. As I said earlier if you need anything here in Indy, including a place to stay, please do not hesitate to ask.

Comment

• Miscellaneous/OT

Good luck to him

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• No break for Team USA.

Bronze Medal Game, Tuuka Rask back in net for Finland.

He missed the Semi against Sweden with food poisoning.

Comment

• GM Ken Holland doesn't expect Zetterberg to play again in regular season

SOCHI, Russia (AP) Detroit Red Wings general manager Ken Holland does not expect Henrik Zetterberg to play again during the regular season because of his back ailment.Holland told The Associated Press on Saturday that Zetterberg could return to play if the team extends its postseason streak to 23 consecutive seasons.Zetterberg had back surgery Friday in New York to remove a fragmented disk.The Red Wings and Swedish Olympic hockey team captain played in one game in Russia before pulling out because of the injury.Zetterberg has 16 goals and 32 assists - both team highs - in 45 games this season. Detroit is competing for one of the final playoff spots in the NHL's Eastern Conference.

Hank was injured before he selfishly went to the Olympics , returned to the US , back surgery in NY, likely gone for the season.

Wings and Ilitch get royally screwed, perhaps King Gustaf & Team IKEA should foot the bill.

No Red, White & Bronze for Team USA, down 4-0 to the Fins late in the 3rd.
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 22, 2014, 02:19 PM.

Comment

• FIN-tastic!

Finland 5
                        USA 0

Bronze Medal Final

Patrick Kane, unABEL.

2 penalty shots against Finland, ZERO goals for Tournament.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 22, 2014, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Mats Sundin, not of Canadian stature but pretty damn good, gives Canada the nod over his countrymen.

"There's no doubt that the Swedish team...are not where you would think to call them a gold medal favourite at this point [without] Henrik Sedin and Henrik Zetterberg, two of the best centremen we have playing right now," said Sundin. "For them to get to the finals here, to get by Finland...I'll hold Canada as the favourites to win the gold medal, but if you have [Henrik] Lundqvist playing an enormous game in the final, there's a shot. But it's a long shot for sure."

Canada played the "perfect game" against the US but will play even better against Sweden. 200 foot players, defensively stifyling away from the puck.

Hope the two Hanks paid their cable bills, enjoy.

Comment

• 7 am ET Gold Medal Game: Canada v. Sweden !

Let the magic begin!

Comment

• Toews! From Carter & Weber!

1-0 Canucks.

Comment

• <The Justin Bieber of the NHL> scores.

Crosby breakaway!

Canada -2

Tre Kronor - 0
                                Last edited by Ghengis Jon; February 23, 2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X