Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
    Probably by Brandon, trying to get more cash out of your wallets
    He'd probably do it if he could get away with it, then tell us it was for our own good.

Comment

• Medal Round finally arrives.

If there are no upsets in the qualification or quarterfinal rounds, looks like Sweden will play Russia in one semi & Canada will play USA in the other semi-final game.

IIHF & IOC screw Canada , Nash scored in regulation, but they disallow the goal? Thus making the subsequent OT unnecessary.

Oh well, looks like Canada will need to beat both the US & Russia to hold on to the Gold. Wouldn't have it any other way!
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Putin, Puttin' it in America's ass!

Vladimir Putin was in attendance for the United States’ thrilling shootout win over the Russian hockey team on Saturday.

However, the Russian president still believes the home team was superior, according to Jim Heintz of the Associated Press.

After the game, Putin said he was proud of the effort put forth by Russia, and he felt they had a stronger team than the victorious U.S.

“I think our team played very worthily. It seemed to me they were a class higher — a little bit higher.”
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Can't wait for Russia to flame out in the quarters. The de facto gold medal game will be Canada/USA.

Comment

• I'd love that too but I don't think Russia has played its best game yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
              I'd love that too but I don't think Russia has played its best game yet.
              Yes they have. They lost in a shootout. Honestly, I'll be surprised if they get by Finland.

Comment

• USA-Russia overtime, shootout drew 6.4 million viewers on US TV

Would Americans wake up early on a Saturday morning to watch a hockey game? Well, when that game happens to feature the U.S. and Russia at the Olympics, the answer is a resounding yes. NBC Sports Network drew an average audience of 4.1 million viewers for Team USA's 3-2 shootout win over host Russia. It is the most watched hockey game in the network's history, beating out Game 3 of the 2013 Stanley Cup Final.

Comment

• I watched USA dismantle Slovenia 5-1 this morning while Russia had their hands full at the same time with Slovakia 1-0 (SO)

I really don't mind these early morning games after working all night - I can sit back and watch 'live games' and even drink a beer or 3. Missed Canada/ Finland though have to sleep sometime.

Comment

• so is it 6.4 or 4.1?
                    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• She's pretty amazing in the first photo.
                      Yes, she looks like she went on a 'Hollywood Diet' in the second pic.

Comment

• Angry Russians level their guns at USA referee

Sochi — Russia blasted American referee Brad Meier Saturday for disallowing a goal that would have given them a lead late in their Olympic Games hockey clash they eventually lost to the USA in a shootout.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          Angry Russians level their guns at USA referee

Sochi — Russia blasted American referee Brad Meier Saturday for disallowing a goal that would have given them a lead late in their Olympic Games hockey clash they eventually lost to the USA in a shootout.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...0287c325&hl=en
                          The officiating has been absolutely terrible!

Tons of obstruction goes uncalled which clearly disrupts offensive flow. There are only 2 penalties that European officials call, a highstick to the face or tripping, that is it.

Jamie Benn is crosschecked from behind viciously into the boards. That's 2 or 5 minute penalty and/or a game misconduct in ANY rule book but not at the Olympics....they don't want Canada to go back on the powerpaly with 2 1/2 minutes left in regulation, so just IGNORE it.

Even with 10 minutes of video replay and the rule book out European officials still fuck up! The was NO high-stick infraction.

Puck sits on top of the net, Nash brilliantly swats the netting, puck bounces over crossbar and Pat Sharp tucks it home, another GOOD goal. Even if Nash's stick makes contact with the puck when it sat on the top of the net, it is still clearly below the crossbar.

Comment

• OP you sound like a Red Wing Fan (getting screwed all the time). How does it feel?? Not so good!

Make no mistake, the Russians will do everything in their power to stop a Gold Medal in their country by Canada or USA.
                            Last edited by WingsFan; February 17, 2014, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Ha Ha! Nah, it is just frustrating, irrefutable photo evidence.

Great teams find a way to win, now that we've got the Medal (MONEY) round the actual tournament starts.

Russia will be beast and it's only Sweden standing in their way of the gold medal game.

USA is flying high but meeting Team Canada in the semi-final will spell their doom. Have they peaked too early?

Two NHL teams, North American grudge match , it will be a battle. BTW Canada's defense looks bullet-proof.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                why use that to order UM gear?
                                I believe Kickstarter is used to order the UM football/basketball magazines offered through mgoblog.

Comment

Working...
                                X