Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha.

Comment

• A quick shout-out to my son Matt, who just completed the fall semester at U-M Flint with a 4.0 grade point average. One more semester, and he will have his masters degree.

No, he didn't get his "smarts" from me ... :-P
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Congrats to your son and to you for the pride you must feel for his accomplishments!

Comment

• Congrats to you and your son liney!
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Thanks Wiz, Stan...

I always wanted my kids to do better than me, and so far, its worked out that way.

Comment

• Late Congrats
              Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• No, he didn't get his "smarts" from me ... :p

I think we all recognize that plenty of "smarts" were implanted in the family by the author of that quote.

Comment

• Congrats to both Matt and yourself. An accomplishment like that takes not only individual effort but a good support system. Your wife and I couldn't have done it without you...
                  “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• LOL Jon ..

Reminds me of the old country song, "My wife ran away with my best friend, and I sure miss him" ... :-)

Comment

• Hey, does anybody know any antique radio collectors? My grandfather was a radio geek from the 1920s until his passing. I've been sorting through boxes and boxes of old tubes, mostly from the 30s-50s. (Also have some TV tubes from the 60s and 70s.) Looking for info on some and a home of a collector for others. I don't really have an interest in selling them to someone who will simply resell them again, would prefer a radio zealot who could use them to keep radios 100% original.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Hey Jon---still have those tubes?

I have a couple old "tube" radios that used to belong to my grandpa, one is in pretty sorry shape (outer case cracked and broken but it somehow still worked until 4 or 5 years ago), and the other one is, relatively speaking, in beautiful shape---problem is, I suspect it is now having problems with a tube or two.

How does one go about testing the tubes to see if they need replacing? I'll have to dig up the one radio out of a box in the basement, as I haven't even looked at it for a few years. The other is right here in the house, maybe later today or tomorrow I can find the time to look it over better, maybe even take the back off from it to look inside. I'll get back with you once I do...

Comment

• Write down the tube numbers (eg RCA C5V3) and send them to me. I'll set any I find aside when I finish sorting mine. I'm trying to track down someone willing to barter a little time for tubes as far as testing goes. For example, I've got 30 VT-136 transmitter tubes - I'd like to keep 3 tested good ones for myself and would trade say 10 of them as payment for testing. I'm working with a member of the Michigan Antigue Radio Club right now but may have to wait until their big summer extravaganza in July. I've got hundreds and hundreds of tubes to go through, including some TV tubes from the 60's and 70's. Once we thaw out, I'm going to run down to an electronics repair shop. I've got an old tube tester myself but want to have it checked out before I plug it in and try anything. I may be able to test some myself. Maybe Heath has a cheap tester available too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
                            Hey Jon---still have those tubes?

I have a couple old "tube" radios that used to belong to my grandpa, one is in pretty sorry shape (outer case cracked and broken but it somehow still worked until 4 or 5 years ago), and the other one is, relatively speaking, in beautiful shape---problem is, I suspect it is now having problems with a tube or two.

How does one go about testing the tubes to see if they need replacing? I'll have to dig up the one radio out of a box in the basement, as I haven't even looked at it for a few years. The other is right here in the house, maybe later today or tomorrow I can find the time to look it over better, maybe even take the back off from it to look inside. I'll get back with you once I do...
                            I dunno but I was watching reruns of Gilligan's Island and you should be taking notes...cuz that professor dude can make radio tubes out of coconuts...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I believe he made the batteries out of the coconut shells. He used Ginger's 'toys' for the tubes...

Comment

• lol
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X