Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :::tapping fingers on desk:::
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Chalk down Dean as another who believes it's tyranny to try and prevent companies from dumping toxic waste in rivers like they could in the good old days.

Comment

• I think as much toxic waste as possible should be dumped in the Cuyahoga and Olentangy rivers ...

... although with the Cuyahoga, it would be impossible to determine that any such actions took place ...

Comment

• I'd say we should nuke Detroit, Lansing, and Flint, but judging by the looks, I guess we must have already done that back in the 70's

Comment

• I agree .. as long as we can toss in Akron, Dayton and Columbus ...

Comment

• Don't forget Cleveland!
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                I'd say we should nuke Detroit, Lansing, and Flint, but judging by the looks, I guess we must have already done that back in the 70's
                Refresh my memory, please---which state was it that started Lake Erie on fire a few decades ago? Too bad Canada didn't take offense back then and napalm all of ohio and rid us of the entire miserable place!

Comment

• Although napalm was invented by a Canadian chemist, they would never do it, not in their DNA.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                    You misunderstan capitalism.

Capitalism is a social system based on the acquiring as much of everything as possible and then using it to fuck over everyone else. This is especially rewarded at the highest levels when you get the opportunity to pollute, or abuse workers without government intervention.
                    I'm curious to know which economic system you think is better than one in which free individuals make voluntary contracts with each other, and no one can initiate force against anyone else.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I'm down with a hybrid version of it. Left to their own devices, business owners tend not to look beyond their own business. I believe government regulation is necessary to at least protect the common good. This certainly includes safety, environment, and essential services. Note that I said regulation, not complete control.
                      Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• What's the difference between regulation and control? Does the Fed regulate or control the economy by setting interest rates?

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                          Capitalism is a social system based on the recognition of individual rights, including prop*erty rights, in which all property is privately owned.
                          Just for the record (though primarily to test linesman's boundaries), I don't see how that's a correct understanding of capitalism. Certainly that would fall under the broader category at one end of the spectrum. But a market system with no public assets or regulation is as realistic as communism in its purest form. In an unregulated free-for-all somebody wins at some point. And therefore becomes the regulator, and, essentially, the state.
                          Last edited by hack; October 7, 2013, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• What's the difference between regulation and control?
                            I said complete control. i.e ownership. Also, to me control involves determining the course of the company, while regulation sets the guidelines for it to operate within (active vs. passive).
                            Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Ohio is a cesspool
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I have a suggestion for you Detroit bashers. I'm sitting in a B&B in downtown Detroit, one block from the Detroit Art Institute! The city is clean. Lots of shops are open. People are on the street. I can't believe it. This place is beautiful with all the classic architecture from the 1930s. The downtown is BACK! Can't say that for the rest of the city but it is a start. Come on down and see for yourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X