No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh. Some good ones in there. "Interior looks like a Potemkin village - designed solely to deceive others into thinking that a situation is better than it really is"

Yelp cannot come up without my linking to my favorite review, by Judy Y.

Comment

• The decor is unique. Think of something your 80-year-old great aunt would have thought "glitzy," circa 1979 and you get the picture.

LOL

Comment

• New York has some of the best restaurants in the world. I cannot imagine seeking this place out when anything from Katz' to Per Se could be had.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Cone on...few more posts snd entropy's condom post can be off the page...
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• yelp is going to have to dedicate a full time person to clean up all the fake reviews.. lol
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• aa.. it was funny

Comment

• Just a few in there that i would consider fake...

Comment

• it appears to be removed from Yelp.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                    Just a few in there that i would consider fake...
                    Perhaps there was only a couple of items on the menu since so many people ate the same thing.. and the place must have been packed with so many reviews...

Comment

• Re-reading Nixonland. Written about 8 years ago. So many things in it that sound like 2016 though. This passage as one example:

"He [Nixon] and Chotiner were chartering the Nixon method. You didn't have to attack to attack. Better, much better, to give something to the mark: make him feel that he has one up on you. Let him pounce on your 'mistake". That makes him look unduly aggressive. Then you sprang the trap, garnering the pity by making the enemy look like a self-righteous and hyperintellectual enemy of common sense. You attacked jujitsu-style, positioning yourself as the attacked, inspiring a strange sort of protective love among voters whose wounded resentments grow alongside your performance of being wounded. Your enemies appear only to have died of their own hand. Which makes you stronger."

Comment

• Black Lung cases are surging in mid-Appalachia. As thick coal seams are depleted, companies are turning to thinner, smaller ones, which require cutting through a lot more rock to get to the coal. Which generates significantly more dust.

An NPR investigation has documented dramatic spikes in complicated black lung, the most serious stage of the deadly coal miners' disease.

Comment

• You know--- I would not mind teaching religion in high school. In fact, I think it might do a lot of good. However, if you are going to teach religion (and it should be a high school level course) then you need to teach the 3 major Western religions (Judaism, Christianity and Islam) and the 2 major Eastern Religions (Hinduism and Buddhism) along with any native religion of the area as well.

Somehow, I do not think conservatives would go along with that though.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Islam is not "Western" in any way. It's anti-"Western".
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              Islam is not "Western" in any way. It's anti-"Western".
                              It's western in the sense that it's monotheistic and it's built upon the two older religions. It has far more in common with Christianity than say, Buddhism.

Comment

• Damn your Ithaca A&M degree. You are correct.

In a "Western" ideological sense, it is not, but that's not what Whitley meant. So, my bad. F you all.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X