Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    It's okay. I don't expect you guys to be able to sympathize or understand. But if Universities were all run by Right-wingers and they banned all speech pertaining to Socialized medicine because it was too triggering to Conservatives, your reaction would likely be similar to mine right now -- some combination of outrage and ridicule.
    Heh, you do sound outraged.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      One of my favorite post-mortem articles I've read: http://www.the-american-interest.com...-trumps-world/

Yeah I read that yesterday, I believe it's the same Eliot Cohen that said today on Twitter.

"After exchange w Trump transition team, changed my recommendation: stay away. They're angry, arrogant, screaming "you LOST!" Will be ugly."

Comment

• One of the most monumentally awful decisions I've ever read: https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...+MTD.Aiken.pdf

If I wrote something like that I'd get fired.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not a fan of safe spaces, but I'd rather college students went to the Legos than resorting to violence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            When your kids are full-grown adults, how are you going to advise them to deal with stressful situations in life?
            1. blame everyone else for your problems.

2. Tell people who are different from you, but who have the same problems, to go get a job.

3. Demand that someone else bring ``our jobs'' back for you and the people like you.
            Last edited by hack; November 15, 2016, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Hannibal, I think a good test of the notion that the NYT's readership is falling because Trump says it is would be if, say, the WSJ were rising. It's not. Politico checked with the Times and found that in fact there's been a surge in subscriptions in the past week, which is reportedly true for the WaPo too. For now we just have to take their word for it, but independently-audited circulation numbers come out quarterly. We'll have facts to rely on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                I am amazed at how people believe the other side (whichever side) is full of bad people, while their side is populated by the pure of heart.
                Hear hear!
                "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• It seems the Trump transition shakeup is now being done to remove Chris Christie's influence

The president-elect ousted former Rep. Mike Rogers from the team in what one source called a 'Stalinesque purge of people close' to Chris Christie.

Something I didn't know. Chris Christie as a Prosecutor sent Jared Kushner's dad to prison on 18 felony counts.

Comment

• Yeah Rocky Bleier's post would have been much more impressive and persuasive if he wasn't the same guy posted that Rothschild meme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      It seems the Trump transition shakeup is now being done to remove Chris Christie's influence

The president-elect ousted former Rep. Mike Rogers from the team in what one source called a 'Stalinesque purge of people close' to Chris Christie.

Something I didn't know. Chris Christie as a Prosecutor sent Jared Kushner's dad to prison on 18 felony counts.
                      Who is going to fetch Trump's McDs?

Comment

• Not saying "my" guy is pure of heart, but how can anyone defend the appointment of Bannon?

The white nationalist Richard Spencer said on Twitter that Mr. Bannon was in “the best possible position” to influence policy, since he would “not get lost in the weeds” of establishment Washington. The chairman of the American Nazi Party said the pick showed that Mr. Trump might be “for ‘real.’” David Duke, former imperial wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, called the choice “excellent” and said Mr. Bannon was “basically creating the ideological aspects of where we’re going.”

Come on Hanni, UKBB, Rocky.

Help me out here. How is this a good thing?
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That's what I thought.

I guess it's easier to make fun of safe places and "the losers" than defend this elephant in the room...
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            It seems the Trump transition shakeup is now being done to remove Chris Christie's influence

Ha, I didn't know that either, and not surprised at all with the purge of anybody that's not a complete lap dog. Very Putin-esque.

Kushner's going to be an interesting one to keep an eye on, seems very power hungry.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Not saying "my" guy is pure of heart, but how can anyone defend the appointment of Bannon?

The white nationalist Richard Spencer said on Twitter that Mr. Bannon was in ?the best possible position? to influence policy, since he would ?not get lost in the weeds? of establishment Washington. The chairman of the American Nazi Party said the pick showed that Mr. Trump might be ?for ?real.?? David Duke, former imperial wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, called the choice ?excellent? and said Mr. Bannon was ?basically creating the ideological aspects of where we?re going.?

Come on Hanni, UKBB, Rocky.

Help me out here. How is this a good thing?
                              My comment wasn't on the Bannon appointment.
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                                My comment wasn't on the Bannon appointment.

Sure it was, because you commented on Rocky's post which was directed at the post about the Bannon appointment.

If you are going agree with someone, you might want to make sure you know what you are agreeing with

Comment

Working...
                                X