No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boy, you take a day off and all hell breaks loose.

Geez,

I am not going to pretend that I wasted the time to read through your typically confused ranting today; instead I will assume that you were unable to comprehend the point of the offending post, and got yourself spun up. Sound and fury, and all that.

So, I will offer a more detailed, and polite explanation...feel free to ask for amplification if you find that you've reached the same predetermined conclusion again. And so; it was merely a suggestion, meant to us spare from scrolling through endless tit-for-tat memes (pictures) and videos on the actions of a few intended to besmirch the many. It is a silly practice, and only meant to rile people up by inferred guilt of association...something that I'd like to think we're above in this forum, although apparently today's happenings demonstrate otherwise.

I will conclude this pedantic business here, as I believe you to be too arrogant and immature to either admit your comprehension mistake or apologize for the boorish behavior that followed. Be thankful for the class demonstrated by entropy in my stead however...I do not think I would have been as reserved were our roles reversed. I can assure you that I will not if it happens again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
      Absolutely. I didn't even know if I should include you, and didn't think I did, but I've proven I am not too swift on the computer. You, sir, stated your beliefs before the election, and I figure you are fair game for Hanni and a couple others, but not for these carpetbaggers who want to prance around in victory. They are the ones who should apologize, not you
      There is a politics thread in the off topic forum that is an absolute shit-show. I avoid it because it is full of crap like Coop posts. No substance, no thought, no intelligent discourse what-so-ever. It is dominated by a couple of trolls and posts tend to be stupid and personal. I found it best to put them on ignore. I am sorry to see it bleed over here.

This thread is relatively civil, all things considered, and when someone gets out of line, it usually gets back on track quickly.

And yes, in my view Hanni basking in his glory is expected and appropriate, although he had this thread looking like my Facebook newsfeed for a while.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Trump now talking about keeping portions of Obamacare...
        Yup. I saw a preview of the 60 Minutes interview. Trump claims Obama suggested it, and Trump likes the "pre-existing conditions" and "parents until 26" parts. If you're honest, and this comes from someone who was born with a congenital heart defect, the question is how do you get "pre-existing" folks to pay for the insurance over time if you guarantee coverage. I never let my insurance lapse because I feared not being able to get it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
          Now for something completely different:

Happy Veterans Day to all who served.

CGVT: USCG 1983-2013

Anybody else?
          You look a bit like Gene Hackman. That's badass.

Now, to keep you grounded...there a pinch of Captain Kangaroo in there as well. :D

Thanks for your service.

Comment

• If that's what a Facebook news feed looks like, count me out.

Comment

• What's FBN?
              Fox Business Network

Hack, no one can bully you if you don't let them.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                If that's what a Facebook news feed looks like, count me out.
                I had to unfollow a bunch of people, still waiting for it to blow over so I can follow them again and go back to seeing what they are having for dinner.
                Last edited by CGVT; November 11, 2016, 08:59 PM.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                  Good honest answer.

Evangelicals are plenty culturally conservative; you will just have to trust me on that. All the talk around my church was about the Constitution and what Hillary's election and her appointment of someone like her to the Court would have on basic rights. You saw what Hoss said about "hicks", and rural folks, and how stupid we are. Hicks place a high value on the First Amendment. Same with the Second. This overrides Trump's words. It overrides his actions because rural folk simply write that off as the goofiness of urban people. Froot, Hillary has not driven a car in 35 years! I drive 22 miles one way to the grocery store. "Stronger Together": really? I digress. Evangelicals care that Trump is thrice married, now to a model, but they overlook that because they feel the Constitution is threatened.

Second, there are lots of small businessmen in flyover country. A friend of mine named Juan, Owner of Juan Time Roofing, is Mexican, legal and voted for Trump. If you ever heard him kicking my ass in the coffee shop as a traitor to my class because I am so liberal you would laugh. Obama and Hillary have a visceral hatred of small business. Obamacare is specifically designed to cripple small business. Juan just wants to roof houses without spending two days getting a permit. Froot, I am 100% certain you have little understanding of regulation and what it does to people in the private sector. Obamacare is regulation.

Last fall, I invited an illegal couple to Thanksgiving. Honduras. Been here 4 months. He was a teacher there, she a nurse. He now works as a farm laborer, she as a housewife and mother. That mother business is important because they announced last Thanksgiving that they were pregnant. She had her baby in June in a good hospital with good care all around. These two Hondurans are utterly committed adopting the American way of life. A couple of weeks ago, Mom brought baby Sarah Marie to the office. SM was dressed in a Halloween outfit with an orange cap and everyone fell in love with her all over again. Mom and Dad speak passable English and want to apply for citizenship. Mom asked me about Trump, and I could only tell her that if she and Dad continued to work hard and pay their taxes, no politician on earth is going to be allowed to kick them out of the country. Rural hicks will shelter them because Sarah Marie is not a voting block. Froot, you cannot be pro-life and still want that life to be shit-for-the-birds in some third-world hellhole. Evangelicals view Sarah Marie as having the same rights as a "fetus" would have immediately prior to birth.
                  Good grief you are impressed with yourself.

Comment

• Master Chief. Impressive, even if it is NavyLite
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

There is a politics thread in the off topic forum that is an absolute shit-show. I avoid it because it is full of crap like Coop posts. No substance, no thought, no intelligent discourse what-so-ever. It is dominated by a couple of trolls and posts tend to be stupid and personal. I found it best to put them on ignore. I am sorry to see it bleed over here.

This thread is relatively civil, all things considered, and when someone gets out of line, it usually gets back on track quickly.

And yes, in my view Hanni basking in his glory is expected and appropriate, although he had this thread looking like my Facebook newsfeed for a while.

Need a safe zone to avoid reality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                        You look a bit like Gene Hackman. That's badass.

Now, to keep you grounded...there a pinch of Captain Kangaroo in there as well. :D

Thanks for your service.
                        Ha! Thanks.

Comment

• Boy, you take a day off and all hell breaks loose.

Geez,

I am not going to pretend that I wasted the time to read through your typically confused ranting today; instead I will assume that you were unable to comprehend the point of the offending post, and got yourself spun up. Sound and fury, and all that.

So, I will offer a more detailed, and polite explanation...feel free to ask for amplification if you find that you've reached the same predetermined conclusion again. And so; it was merely a suggestion, meant to us spare from scrolling through endless tit-for-tat memes (pictures) and videos on the actions of a few intended to besmirch the many. It is a silly practice, and only meant to rile people up by inferred guilt of association...something that I'd like to think we're above in this forum, although apparently today's happenings demonstrate otherwise.

I will conclude this pedantic business here, as I believe you to be too arrogant and immature to either admit your comprehension mistake or apologize for the boorish behavior that followed. Be thankful for the class demonstrated by entropy in my stead however...I do not think I would have been as reserved were our roles reversed. I can assure you that I will not if it happens again.
                          Well, that type of writing might get you a Masters Degree in Education, but it doesn't cut it with someone who actually writes. I suspect you think I'm arrogant because you are totally inept at debate, whether it is about ammunition or religion. Declare victory and leave. I've said that before.

Hoss, if you had to compete with intellectually competent people in the real world, you would starve to death. I actually don't blame someone like yourself for whoring yourself to the union. Man, you need them or competent people would replace you. And show some respect, I'm paying your salary.

You have any key question, like "what is your occupation?" that you want to ask me. People sucking on the tit of the taxpayer, and then insulting them, really pisses me off.

Anyway, I'd like amplification
                          Last edited by Da Geezer; November 11, 2016, 09:07 PM.

Comment

• I met Nina Simone on a plane once.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              I met Nina Simone on a plane once.
                              Did you really? That's pretty cool.

Comment

Did you really? That's pretty cool.

It sounds cool. I'm a fan. She was not wanting to chat, though.

As a follow-up, where were you stationed? And I was kidding about Navy Lite.

Comment

Working...
                                X