No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOWEVER, and I am doing this to infuriate you guys, environmentalism, particularly anthropogenic global warming, has all the same elements of any religion.

You're also surely aware of the stark difference between an unverifiable set of beliefs and knowledge acquired via the scientific method. Put the whack-job side of you back in the box please, if this is to continue.

Comment

• Hillary never seemed to take any issue and get voters passionately behind her; other than the support of feminists

Some of us, myself included, have needed more reminders than necessary over the years about this. The earnest ideas-first side of me will probably forget again someday, but the bottom line is that if you want to get people passionately behind you you first have to identify a problem people fear. Bernie did that -- big finance. You then have to spot the villains and rail against them all the time. You can't just be in favor of something. You have to be against something people fear. I hope I never forget that, but I probably will. Hillary's ``when they go low we go high'' bullshit -- I hope the Dems just stop that. They don't have to be complete liars in order to use fear and villains. Fear of the financial sector and its villains as leaders -- totally valid stuff there. A downhill run.
      Last edited by hack; November 9, 2016, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• What was the bill that threatened to jail you for not believing in man made climate change?

You do a great job of making a bunch of silly statements, -and capping it off with the most outlandish statement, so that people don't call out your other dumb shit.
        To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          What was the bill that threatened to jail you for not believing in man made climate change?

You do a great job of making a bunch of silly statements, -and capping it off with the most outlandish statement, so that people don't call out your other dumb shit.

That's why he's perfect for Trump.

Comment

• Man made climate change believer (mmccb) here, it's hot in Texas and is only getting hotter. I'm proud to say this is not just an anecdote but backed up by science and thermometers used by science.

Terrific discussion btw.
            Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• Geezer is possibly to go on about predictive models here, as if the entire body of climate-change science was limited to predicting the future rather than measuring what's already happened. We know modelling is very inexact. But we don't need it to be exact to act.

Comment

• Perhaps Geezer is referring to various State AG efforts against companies that don't fall in line with cataclysmic climate change orthodoxy.

Or the very real suggestion to pursue RICO charges.

Or a lawsuit against an NRO writer for defamation for challenging a prominent climatologist.

I'm not sure how any if this involves Geezee, but there are efforts to shut down opposition.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                  why are evangelicals so paranoid? No one wants to outlaw the Bible.

I don't get that either. I'm not a Hillary fan, but she never said/suggest/implied anything like that. I'm not sure I agree. If they believe it, I'd suggest they're paranoid about something that won't happen.
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I'm all for it. We're at the point in politics where if you don't want to throw below-the-belt punches you're at a significant disadvantage. That's why the paid skepticism industry can run circles around scientists. The latter are charmingly old-fashioned about what it takes to win over public opinion. They face a choice: play by today's rules, or lose. So, whatever it takes. The science is settled - even Bjorn Lomborg agress and has shifted his arguments accordingly. So if it's going to take some hardball, then play hardball. It's worth it.
                    Last edited by hack; November 9, 2016, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• hack..you asked me a question about liberal east coast media. IMO, nothing rallies that group against a candidate more than a Hollywood Movie star endorsement.

Comment

• Heh. Good point. They should be trying reverse psychology too, if they want to stop hurting their own desired outcome.

Comment

• This election was tough on people, especially college students. That is why one professor cancelled exams so the kids could deal with the election results:

Liberal college students, devastated over the results of the election, have been begging their teachers to cancel classes and midterm exams — and one Yale professor happily obliged on Wednesday. Th…

Comment

• Tonight one of the evangelical girls I was talking about earlier was gloating that Trump won and told my daughter that Obama was one of the worst people on earth. Nice people those evangelicals, we just don't speak the language.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                              hack..you asked me a question about liberal east coast media. IMO, nothing rallies that group against a candidate more than a Hollywood Movie star endorsement.
                              Unless the candidate is a celebrity apparently. Or if it's Scott Baio. Or Don King or ted nugent or Clint Eastwood or Bill Belichek.

Heck, maybe it's not really about celebrity at all....
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                                Unless the candidate is a celebrity apparently. Or if it's Scott Baio. Or Don King or ted nugent or Clint Eastwood or Bill Belichek.

Heck, maybe it's not really about celebrity at all....

I didn't think I'd needed to spell out when against their candidate. I assumed that was a given.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by entropy; November 9, 2016, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X