Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Silver has FL 53.7 Clinton, North Carolina 54.3 Clinton and NH 68.6

I hope to hell he's right
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I bet Trump doesn't get to 200.

Comment

• More proof that the North Carolina voter ID laws were about rooting about voter fraud and not suppressing votes

Well done John Roberts!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
          I bet Trump doesn't get to 200.
          I'd like to see that.

IMO, Trumps entire appeal has been a populist one from a frustrated and essentially disenfranchised electorate - the same kind of thing that is going on in every country where there is an election, sham or free, and where tyrants, like Adolph Hitler or real leaders like Nelson Mandella have an opportunity to come to power.

If the Rs had been able to find a candidate other than the ass hole that surfaced almost by default, they would have rocked this election.

Instead, we have the Clintons as the best alternative. I can deal with that as an alternative to one of the most divisive, potentially tyrannical presidential candidates that I can recall in the history of US presidential elections.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Still no proof that black folks are too stupid to comply with basic rules or own an ID. Only the soft liberal racists think that.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Trump will top 200.

Comment

• It was more about the crowing of the early voting margins, when they reduced the early polls that the African American population used in North Carolina. What was the reasoning behind that?

Comment

• Are you saying AAs are too stupid too vote with an ID?

Comment

• I don't know, Talent. Larry Sabato from UVA had his final "crystal ball" had Trump getting 216.

Betting is now 5-1 Hillary. Better put some stops in on stocks tomorrow, because I figure the market had it's "relief rally" today.

Comment

• I'm saying they cut down early voting because the African American population utilized it. I'll let you and the Geezer tell us about how smart or stupid people are. It's pretty clear what these laws are designed for. In the case of North Carolina, there was a reason they waited for the flawed Shelby decision to enact all of those laws.

Comment

• I think Sabato is fairly close, Geezer. But I don't see him going lower than 216. But, hey, Ohio could go for HRC and that would put him just below 200.

Comment

• Absent any causal effect on voter turnout, I don't care. So, tell me there's an effect, Froot. Or not. And if there is an effect, explain it to me in your despicable soft racism.

Comment

• I believe Trump's ceiling is 264. I do not think he will win Nevada based on the (what I believe is) credible info coming from Jon Ralston about early voting out there. If you give him Maine District 2 plus Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, New Hampshire, and Iowa, he's stuck at that number. And I still think Hillary should prob be favored in Florida. And still has a shot in NC.

Ohio, I fear, is Trumpland. And may head towards electoral irrelevance in the future like Missouri if worst comes to worst.

Comment

• This election has shown though that if the Republican Party heads in the direction Trump has pointed them, there will be a significant realignment. There may soon come a day where the entire east coast (perhaps minus South Carolina) will vote Democrat.

For decades Sun Belt Republicans have boasted of their region's fast population growth. It will eventually come back to haunt them. It is Hispanics and relocated north-easterners that are mainly driving that growth. And neither is hardcore conservative.

Comment

• Well, for you non-Michiganders, you might want to look up the Michigan Democrat primary of 1972. The winner was George Wallace. I think it was his only win outside the old Confederacy. He won with a lot of the same issues that Trump has now. Michigan can be a quirky state, as the Sanders win this year proved.

Comment

Working...
                                X