No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The most damaging stuff so far on those wikileaks emails were of use to Bernie Sanders. She was very close to Wall Street. Generally that is of no use to the GOP.

Comment

• I think WikiLeaks is mostly a fascinating look at politics. My experience is relatively limited, but in my area I work with the "staff" to figure out how to best shine a light on accomplishments and I've been in positions that have required significant consideration. And my guy is only statewide.

The shit a serious presidential candidate has to consider is flooring. Her team is uber meticulous and you can see it in some of the emails.

I also buy the private/public position distinction she uses. I'm sure it plays like total crap, but it works for this pragmatist.
      Last edited by iam416; October 21, 2016, 07:11 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        I think WikiLeaks is mostly a fascinating look at politics. My experience is relatively limited, but in my area I work with the "staff" to figure out how to best shine a light on accomplishments and I've been in positions that have required significant consideration. And my guy is only considering governor run.

The shit a serious presidential candidate has to consider is flooring. Her team is uber meticulous and you can see it in some of the emails.

I also buy the private/public position distinction she uses. I'm sure it plays like total crap, but it works for this pragmatist.
        I agree. As far as I can see, there is nothing scandalous there. It seems as if every one the Right brings out as proof of how nefarious Clinton is, doesn't really say what they say it does. And if it does, it seems that they are just trying to hammer out how to deal with specific situations.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Comment

• I think they all push the ethical envelope. But, honestly, no one really wants to see the sausage being made.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Sure. But, I dunno -- I think the process is really interesting and I think the "messaging" aspect of it, in particular, is fascinating.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Drew Sharp died today at the age of 56

Comment

• Wow. That sucks.

56 is way too young.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Bad news

Comment

• Wow

Comment

• That is very young. Any word on what happened?
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Oakland County Medical Examiner; hypertensive cardiovascular disease

Comment

• I'd say he had a massive heart attack given that statement from the ME.

Rarely, and I mean that, are there not warning signs. These can be days or more likely hours before cardiac arrest due to oxygen deprivation in the hearts muscle tissues.

While it can happen and if he was alone for several hours thinking it was just gas then went down alone it might, but there are usually clues. Most patients who come to the ER, esp. males, will tell you they had symptoms: central chest tightness or pain, shortness of breath, perspiration, nausea. Silent MIs are rare, more common in women but still rare.

Don't EVER delay if you have the slightest idea that you're having an MI. Call 911. Don't try to drive or have someone drive you. CALL 911. EMTs on the trucks have the equipment and training to keep you alive. In some states they can administer life saving drugs on an MD's orders if you arrest on the truck.

It is known that bystander witnessed MIs with shockable rhythms (79% are shockable), immediately applied CPR and timely application of an AED (Automatic Electronic Defibrillators) have a 40% survival rate and walked out of the hospital following admission and appropriate care.

That's why if you witness someone go down, have someone else call 911 and then you start CPR. If there's an AED nearby, use it. In most places, EMS will arrive in 5-8 minutes with one.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• In virtually all ambulances with paramedics, they are able to give ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) drugs and do so under protocol and without a physician's order. I thought we had eradicated all the states where the medic had to wait to give drugs. Lives are lost in the delay.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Depends on the training level.

Cardiac Technicians and Paramedics in GA can administer ACLS drugs - epi and anti-arrhythmics without MD orders.

In my own experience in a rural ER setting, I've not seen a whole lot of Paramedics. Most of the EMS units, sadly, only have AEMTs (Advanced EMTs). But, yeah, this is GA. I think you are right. In most states if you've got an ACLS card you can do what needs to be done in accordance with the ACLS Algorithm.

I can't speak for the Metro-Atlanta area. I should know more about this for my own benefit and I don't. I can just see myself loading up on a truck seeing V-fib on the monitor and saying give me the fucking epi and getting some sort of blank stare as I black out.

Comment

Working...
                                X