Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm also not an expert on anonymous.. just know they are a hackers group

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      I'm also not an expert on anonymous.. just know they are a hackers group

I doubt that it is real, but I was talking about the Trump rape charge being BS.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
        I'm also not an expert on anonymous.. just know they are a hackers group

I think there is no formal group "Anonymous". Many hackers claim the name though. Claiming to work under that label adds "street cred" that might not necessarily exist.

Comment

• But that said, the Bill Clinton "sex tape" rumor seems to be virtually identical to the rumors about Trump and Jeffrey Epstein that have been circulating on the internet for a while

Comment

• Last week a Facebook friend posted video "proving" that Obama was born in Kenya. It was obviously a cobbled up fake, and thirty seconds of google showed that it was from a joke website that created things like that. Even when I pointed out that it was fake, (with links and sites confirming it was fake) the guy argued that it was true and "proof". This particular video had thousands of shares, all by knowing Obama haters, nodding their heads and clucking in unison I am sure.

FB is the absolute worst place to read anything political, on both sides. 90% of memes are completely wrong or leave out half the content, only good that comes from them is if its funny thats all. I deleted about 70 FB friends who just filled up my news feed with this junk. So I have 60 FB friends (last I looked) and do know them all at one time or another.

Comment

• Looking at their YouTube videos... Anonymous is currently pointing "its" focus on the US govt.

Comment

• Note I know this women who grew up across the street, really nice person. She is/was battling breast cancer and posted her really really tough days. I felt sad for her as did many.

About 3 months ago she started feeling better and the C was in remission. The following weeks she stated posting non-stop Trump is a !@#$ and Trump is a !@#$. I deleted her and the non stop people who post nothing but Hillary for jail ect..

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                  FB is the absolute worst place to read anything political, on both sides. 90% of memes are completely wrong or leave out half the content, only good that comes from them is if its funny thats all. I deleted about 70 FB friends who just filled up my news feed with this junk. So I have 60 FB friends (last I looked) and do know them all at one time or another.
                  The point is that it is where the bullshit memes and fake videos reside and where people that are not smart enough to see through the shit, or too lazy to check the source of the claim, or just don't want to because the video or meme fits their agenda and beliefs read them, watch them, believe them and pass them on.

It is way too easy to be stupid in our society.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• People easily believing the video/meme fitting their agenda & beliefs is a good one; way too much of that from people I thought weren't so gullible. Instead of delete, I just use the 'unfollow' where I never hear anything from them on my newsfeed again.

Comment

• Agree, I actually google almost all memes whatever the topic, if its interesting to me. Like the one with the bike grown in the tree for years when a young man supposedly went to war. Not true

Comment

• I'm not one to brag, but I got out of bed this morning...

Comment

• I think most of the countries now rich got that way under protectionism...
                          That has been the subject of doctoral dissertations for most of my lifetime. I happen to believe free trade makes us richer. However, the countries that got rich with trade (or protectionism for that matter) were geographically separate. It was simply easier to protect American manufacturing when the cost of transportation was a larger share of the retail price.

Regarding protectionism and trade, National Review has an article called "Progressivism Goes Global" in the most recent issue. It doesn't discuss trade directly, but the thesis is that the Progressivism of Woodrow Wilson was about destroying federalism, but keeping American nationalists in charge. And it has been victorious. After Reagan/Thatcher, the progressives worldwide have been about the breakdown of nation-states in the same way that American Progressivism broke down federalism.

The point here is that NAFTA or the Pacific trade deal were supported, partly, to further transnational progressivism.

I understand that Americans who think they lost their jobs to foreign workers can be for protectionism. But that cannot begin to account for the popularity of the Trump position on trade; there are just not enough people affected. I think there is an underlying mistrust of global government that goes beyond trade.

Hack. Interesting post on Keyna. Can you see where the thesis of "breaking down federalism" is similar to "breaking down nation states"? Are citizens of the US helped when Texas gives tax breaks to a California corporation to lure it to Texas? Are citizens of the world helped when Kenya gives massive tax breaks to transnational corporations? No. But the analysis depends on the group of people you want to "protect".

Comment

• Interesting article.. why did we tune out trump accusers until we heard it from his own words?

The balance between due process and assumed guilt is an interesting one. I'd submit we all have different "rules" for when we tip one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                              Agree, I actually google almost all memes whatever the topic, if its interesting to me. Like the one with the bike grown in the tree for years when a young man supposedly went to war. Not true

After announcing $50 million in funding earlier this week, Betr have now announced their first official partnership with Hall of Fame Resort &

Saved you some time on this one...

Comment

• Even if what he said on tape about sexual assault is a complete lie, it's not an acceptable way of thinking.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X