Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

One set of women are believed... another discredited.... all in the name of politics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by entropy; October 12, 2016, 11:34 PM.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by CGVT View Post
      Bill is not running for president.

Trump is running for president.

One is worse than the other.

Hillary is... and she stayed with a sexual predator.

Comment

• Jon:
        Ok, but I don't see it that way. My wife has been a sole proprietor for 30 years and I've been a corporate slave for longer. While business taxes has been onerous, neither of see taxes as destructive. I see survellience, the suspension of habeous corpus, Orwellian legislature and the use of brute state force as far more dangerous than taxes. Taxes enables this but is not the cause. Power and its wanton use are the root of our societal problems, imo.
        And what we both believe is not mutually exclusive. I was trying to answer your question of why conservatives seem to focus on taxes. I, too, abhor state power in all its forms like the examples you give. And, I agree, "power and its wanton use..." is the source of most troubles in society. The tax system is the one form of coercion most of us experience. It is not only a way to raise revenue, it is used to subsidize "preferred" behaviors, and it has been used to penalize enemies. Most conservatives I know would prefer a simple flat-rate system with no deductions because there is less control with a system like that.

I also think some conservatives, myself included, view lowering taxes as a way to "starve" an ever-growing government.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
          Don't bother. Facts are irrelevant, only the emotions matters.

I like the way you two twisted the discussion to fit an article and position.. well done.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
            One set of women are believed... another discredited.... all in the name of politics

No. I believe the words that came directly out of Trump's mouth, that he sexually assaulted women.

And let me say it again.

Bill is not running for president
            Last edited by CGVT; October 12, 2016, 11:11 PM.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Bills accusers where not highly educated... they must be liars.

Comment

Dems and Wikileaks. I think the article is correct about the US media new answers to any negative leaks.

Last edited by entropy; October 12, 2016, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• Bill is not running for president
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• And Joe Paterno was just the head coach..

Comment

• And let me say it... Not shit. Hillary is. And her response does matter.

Comment

• She's married to a Donald Trump. It does matter. You are being dishonest to critique one and ignore the other because she is merely... only... just married to him.

Comment

• If you say something enough times it will become true.

Hillary attacked the accusers.

Hillary covered up Bills actions

Yep. You win. I believe it.

Comment

• Where did I say she attacked accusers??

Comment

• Disaster! Loser! Terrible! Worst! Stupid! Bad!

Trump loves to use strong adjectives on issues he has little actual information or understanding of; his supporters obviously don't care either. He NEVER bothers about details, explaining specifics or talks about his plans as I truly don't think he's informed enough about the issues to speak intelligently about them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                                Disaster! Loser! Terrible! Worst! Stupid! Bad!

Trump loves to use strong adjectives on issues he has little actual information or understanding of; his supporters obviously don't care either. He NEVER bothers about details, explaining specifics or talks about his plans as I truly don't think he's informed enough about the issues to speak intelligently about them.

He's winging it. He's nowhere close to being prepared for the job..

Comment

Working...
                                X