No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett-Jackson Lot: 1285 - 1967 CHEVROLET CORVETTE COUPE AKA: "THE LAST STING RAY" sold for $660,000.00. Mind you it was a professional frame-off restoration.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 17, 2013, 09:45 AM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Didn't you have a red fastback Mustang or did you cleverly "sell it" to Ann?

It was a silver Mustang fastback. 2003, before the intro of the retros in 2005.

I can't find a picture of it that I can post but that one was a really reliable if not unexciting car. As is my penchant, it was spotless .... you could eat off the engine block. I posted it on AutoTrader.com with a slew of pix and sold it in 36h to a father buying it for his 16yo daughter; his son was 18 and also had a blue 2002. Sis had to have one too ..... indulgent parents! The 7K I got for the silver one was the down payment for the 2005 Red Convertible Ann still drives. Its got about 120,000 trouble free miles on it and looks brand new (minus a few dings of course). She wants one of the new Jags .... ain't gonna happen. I think I'm past forking out big bucks for cars.

BTW, aside from it's Italian heritage, the Alpha roadsters were damn good automobiles. My daughter's boy friend had one just like yours; I drove it on a way out country road in NC, top down doing something over a 100 ...... the damn county, off-duty no less sheriff, pulled me as I whizzed past him hidden behind some tall grass at an intersection. Let me off! That was a lucky one.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• "THE LAST STING RAY" sold for $660,000.00.

Geeze .... before I bought the 2007, I looked around very seriously for a '67 coup. Prices ranged from upper 60s (stock, good shape, but unrestored) to upwards of $110K for any of them that had been done up. I drove one that the guy wanted $80K for; nice but had all the old quirks of the one I owned: windows were drafty and leaked, brakes were questionable, the rear main bearing on the 327 always leaked a little oil - this one was no exception, the stock BW manual transmission wasn't great - this one had synchro issues but I rarely used the clutch anyway. Why put up with that I thought? I paid a lot less for the 2007 and have absolutely loved driving it. Quiet, lots of power, trouble free and easy on the gas.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Because what's just a few posts above, and even 70% of that, is true beauty. So elegant, one must admit...

Comment

• I don't know where my 1979 Malibu 3 on the floor fits into this discussion, but I miss those sweet bench seats!
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ok... time for a new thread ...
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• How come Terrelle Prior isn't featured in any of these car pix?

Comment

• Those cars are too cheap for him.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I should photoshop him in front of my 05 Elantra. It's kinda almost slightly sporty and is a stick...

Comment

• A Minnesota lawyer is suspended indefinitely after having an affair with a client and then billing her for the time spent having sex, TwinCities.com reported.

Thomas P. Lowe, 58, of Eagan, Minn., who is married, had an affair with a woman he was representing in a divorce case, according to the website.

Lowe reportedly knew the client for many years, and agreed in August 2011 to represent her in her divorce case. The two began an affair one month later.

The website reports that at several times, Lowe billed the woman for legal services rendered while the two were having sex -- calling the time spent together a "meeting" or memo draft.

Lowe will not have a chance for for reinstatement for at least a year and three months, according to the website.
                      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• What's the problem? Two consenting adults, so it's legal. And it IS a service...

Comment

• A Minnesota lawyer is suspended indefinitely after having an affair with a client and then billing her for the time spent having sex, TwinCities.com reported

I thought Talent was in Cleveland?
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Could of been worse, DSL would have plugged him in the keister then billed him!
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 19, 2013, 08:28 AM.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• That's getting screwed in multiple ways!
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Changing directions of the thread...

R.I.P. to Earl Weaver, IMO one of the greatest skippers in MLB history. Died overnight of an apparent heart attack while on an Orioles fantasy cruise.

Weaver managed the Orioles from the late 60's thru the early 80's, taking a couple years off late in his career before returning for a couple more seasons, as i recall. He was 82 years old.

Being a Tiger fan all my life, I hated Weaver back then, as he usually got the better of Detroit. But being also a baseball fan in general, I've come to appreciate how great he was as a manager. Helluva manager, but also one of the most colorful characters in baseball, his arguments with umpires are among the best ever seen.

I'll see if I can find a sample on youtube and post it below.

Comment

Working...
                                X