No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like that story, Ent, and I'm not entirely sure how it really applies, but the visual did lead me quickly to this:

Probably start a big fight amongst China watchers if you asked whether he really made a difference or not.

Comment

• Note that his dad didn't stop him from standing in front of the herd though... ;)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        Geezer I agree that for those sorts of people process is primary. I would argue that the same goes for democracy: it is a way of doing things that can be used for several different outcomes. It's a means, and not an end. You're an outcomes based person, and so am I to an extent, but I sure do appreciate the importance of the means sometimes. The developing world is trying to copy the model used in the West, and fails most of the time thanks to half-baked plans submitted by bigwigs who do not want to submit to a process run by mid-level weenies with their checklists and meetings. For me that's been a lesson in appreciating process, even if I want no part of it myself. We are where we are in this world in no small part because our forefathers appreciated the importance of the means as well as the end, IMO.
        Process is primary for "outcomes based" people as well...they just don't know it because they exist in hypothetical environments, divorced from the actual work. Detail matters.

Comment

• hack.. I'd suggest that is not the norm. jmo

I'd also say that standing in the way can create dialogue and awareness. I wouldn't object to that.. I'm just suggesting it doesn't typically help accelerate your results.
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Hoss:
            Process is primary for "outcomes based" people as well...they just don't know it because they exist in hypothetical environments, divorced from the actual work. Detail matters.
            Could you clarify? You are saying that process is primary for outcomes-based persons, "as well", implying there another group. Do you mean those who do "actual work" is one other group?

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
              hack.. I'd suggest that is not the norm. jmo

I'd also say that standing in the way can create dialogue and awareness. I wouldn't object to that.. I'm just suggesting it doesn't typically help accelerate your results.
              Are you suggesting that Hoss is right? Most fathers would tell their sons not to stand there?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                Hoss:

Could you clarify? You are saying that process is primary for outcomes-based persons, "as well", implying there another group. Do you mean those who do "actual work" is one other group?
                Certainty. There is so such animal as an outcome-based person who is involved in actual processes imo. If they are involved, then by definition they understand the import of supporting actions. Otherwise they are just bossing people around, and success or failure are artbitrary.

Definitions may differ of course, but thats how I see it re DJT

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  Are you suggesting that Hoss is right? Most fathers would tell their sons not to stand there?

most people learn to hate me..

Comment

• But for your dad it was just instinctive?

Comment

• ha

Comment

• Definitions may differ of course, but that's how I see it re DJT
                        Yup Fair enough.

I wonder why blue-collar guys seem to like Trump? I happen to believe it's because he talks the language they talk, and he worked in his dad's projects. And they think he must be a good boss. They point out that the woman who wrote Melania's speech at the convention and plagiarized Michelle O. kept her job. You can usually get away with embarrassing the boss , but not embarrassing his wife.

Stan. You are invited to coffee any morning at 7:00. From all the talk here, you are an agreeable fellow. Best to be so as these guys don't particularly like fools or liberals.

Comment

• I'll say again that this is fairly reprehensible and pathetic conduct from "America's Mayor", clearly in desperation mode as he sees his chance of become Attorney General slipping away

If he ever appears on a network not named Fox, I hope the hosts have the balls to ask him about his first and second failed marriages and the affair he conducted while Mayor of NY. He ditched the wife who had stood by him while dealing with testicular cancer for a staffer with bigger boobs.

I'm not sure attacking Hillary for Bill's affairs is a smart move for ANY Republican politician. But I damn well know a serial philanderer like Rudy or Newt should probably keep their mouths shut.

Comment

• And hack... Yes, my Dad was hollering at me to get out of the way. I tried stopping them he wrong way. We were probably 50 yrds apart or so. Just to be clear

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• Even Fox hosts are making this clear, but just in case anyone is confused, Trump and his campaign are claiming he won a dozen post-debate polls. Only crooked CNN had a fixed poll.

The reality is that the 12 polls he cites were all online polls, most of which allow people to vote as many times as they please, and were hosted by websites like Breitbart and Drudge. The ONLY scientific poll (CNN) that's come out had him losing by about 30% or more

Comment

• They weren't scientific but most of them weren't hosted by right wing sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X