No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rush isn't a conservative like he says.... he's a republican.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
      Rush isn't a conservative like he says.... he's a republican.
      He's an egomaniac.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• that's true as well..
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Nearly one year into its direct involvement in Syria, Russia is learning a lessen about the limits of its air power. Good article.

Comment

• Turkey is all about putting down the Kurds. Biggest fear is a Kurdish enclave/autonomous region in N Syria.

Am there now. The coup propaganda is immense. Feeling like the only thing that can stop Erdogan is the sig risk of a financial crisis due to a construction bubble. The building is insane. Erdogan?s kid owns a major construction Co.

Comment

• Decline of unions has hurt all workers:Study

Yeah those god foresaken nasty breeding grounds that are only good for breeding Democratic voter. Thank God they are on the decline as they have never bettered anybody's life

Ain't that right Geezer!

Comment

• Stan, we won't realize the full greatness of America until the average wage is about $3/hour.

Comment

• So, wages don't incease as much. Did they study the cost of goods produced or general cost of living?

I mean, it's a no fucking shit argument that unions increase wages for people in unions or union-like jobs. It's also a no fucking shit argument that increased costs associated with producing goods leads to increased cost of goods.

So the study that's worth as shit is one that looks at the issues comprehensively. If I wanted to tell you what a drag on the economy unions were I'd do a study on cost of goods and I might start by comparing Detroit to Tokyo.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The cost of good isn't the problem as much as the availability of jobs. If you are an employer, creating jobs in a non-union locale vs. creating jobs in a union locale is pretty much a no-brainer.

Comment

• Right, that too.

But there's also an certain "Walmart thing" going on, too. Walmart is EVIL! because of the way it treats employees, yet Walmart relentlessly provides cheap goods.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Trump's flip-flop on immigration is somewhat overblown. 90% of his immigration talk has focused on BUILD THE WALL. He has said that the people here have to go but he hasn't said it very authoritatively and he has never provided details or timing. And he still really isn't, for that matter. i.e. he never promised an army of Deportation Vans fanning out across the country, kicking in doors and dragging illegal immigrants out of their houses at 2 AM. My guess for a Trump presidency is that you would see increased emphasis on deportation of criminals, a crackdown on employers, ending "anchor babies", and other "self deportation" measures.

Comment

• He said they have to go. Just because he failed to provide details doesn't mean much, he's failed to provide details for almost anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            he's failed to provide details for almost anything.
                            Not really, but that hasn't kept you from repeating that same canard over and over again.

Anyhow, no Trump supporter has ever labored under the illusion that the deportation van squads would be kicking in doors 24/7, that we will ever drop the illegal immigrant population in the country to zero, or that there wouldn't be a big uphill battle fighting the "we've been here for 20 years you can't break up our family!" sob stories.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; August 30, 2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Anyhow, no Trump supporter has ever labored under the illusion that the deportation van squads would be kicking in doors 24/7, that we will ever drop the illegal immigrant population in the country to zero, or that there wouldn't be a big uphill battle fighting the "we've been here for 20 years you can't break up our family!" sob stories.
                              Really? I don't think Trump would have nearly the support he has if his supporters didn't believe your description above.

Being a vote-worthy politician is typically highly correlated with selling illusions!

Comment

• Originally posted by drok View Post
                                Really? I don't think Trump would have nearly the support he has if his supporters didn't believe your description above.

Being a vote-worthy politician is typically highly correlated with selling illusions!
                                Anyone here old enough to remember the 68 Presidential Election? ...... Johnson will not accept his parties nomination for a second term, Hubert Humphrey (Johnson's Vice) is nominated in a Democratic Convention in Chicago where protesters were bludgeoned by Chicago Police, Nixon is so far ahead in the polls that he barely campaigns ......

George Wallace emerges as a third party candidate and get's 24% of the Electoral Votes on a much uglier and racist platform then than Trump's is now. In the process, he pulls Southern electoral votes away from Nixon making Humphrey a much more likely winner.

Humphrey nearly beats Nixon and some observers think there was big time vote rigging by Nixon supporters in CA that was the deciding state who's votes were cast early the following morning. There was a lot of talk of that Presidential Election going to the House for a decision.

Wallace gained supporters by creating this illusion of crime and disorder throughout America that was destroying it. He mixed in his racist views in to that illusion to appeal to a broad range of white, southern voters.

Trump is using Wallace's play book. I think this would have been a really interesting election if Trump had been forced to run as a third party candidate increasing the likelihood that this election would get decided in the House.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X