No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a reminder. There are ways to disagree politely and respectfully. There are also ways to disengage from an exchange on any subject before the rhetoric in it starts taking on a personal tone ...... the public v. private/charter schools thing is getting close.

This is an important topic worthy of discussion from different POVs but lets keep it respectful.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hmmm... one of my posts was deleted?

I DEMAND RESTITUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-P
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Geezer has been running around this forum making hyperbolic comments about how unions are corrupt and nothing more than shills for the Democratic party. He arrogantly posts as though he is the only person who understands public education in this forum even in spite of other posters who have had personal experience with his beloved charter school system who feel otherwise as well as documented failures of charter schooling. He deserves to be ridiculed for his comments. As most posters when he gets called out with a request that he factually back his rhetoric he ramps up the insults. He has no fucking idea how public urban schools work. Did my wife work for free? Did all she do for thirty years was milk the system? She is responsible for the destruction of the public school system in Detroit? I economically benefited from my ex wife working for a corrupt system which she helped destroy because of her dedication? Total hyperbolic bullshit. He deserves to be called out. Ignorance is bad enough. Arrogant ignorance directed towards an (ex) family member from a no nothing nut cannot be tolerated.
        Last edited by UMStan White; August 24, 2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

• Who is milking the system? A life-long educator that worked hard to provide quality education for children or an "investor" whose chief concern is his investments and making money?

I call...

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Stan, why do you support teacher tenure?

Do they have tenure in Alabama, CVGT?
            Last edited by Da Geezer; August 24, 2016, 06:39 PM.

Comment

• A Stanford university report on charter schools in urban areas.

Comment

• Yes. Just changed from 3 to 5 years.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Good link, Geezer. I guess the folks at Stanford may call bullshit on CVGT.

Spend more money!
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ann Coulter vowing to end support for Trump should he backtrack on "kick em all out! Build the wall!" *gasp*

Comment

• Also Turkey invaded Syria today. Nobody mentioned this.

Comment

• Of course, "special" schools are going to do better. They are the schools that students that have supportive parents send their kids to.

The kids that need the help stay in the shitty schools that have lost funding due to the decline in revenue as the best students leave. Their scores go down, the schools lose funding because they aren't meeting standards and get shittier and shittier. The voucher/choice people point to it as if their system is better. It is just sucking any hope for life from the other schools.

It is a viscous cycle perpetuated the haves taking care of their own against the have nots that cannot take care of their own.

Stop giving vouchers and spend the damn money to fix the schools for all of the students.

Comment

• Then there's this:

Images from before and after an earthquake struck central Italy show the huge scale of the disaster.

Just devastating. Entire towns basically wiped off the map.

Comment

• Spend the money to fix the schools. LOL.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Spend more money!
                              OK, will do. Amen to that.

I wonder about all the hating that goes on around here toward the rich folks and their private schools. What rich folks do is they pay high property taxes, some of which goes to public education. But some place their kids in private schools that probably give a superior education (if young Richie never has to deal with regular folks, that is) and where they can meet someone of their social status. The rich pay in full for the private schools and they make no demands of a public system which they help pay for. My sainted father promised me that this would all work itself out ("Overalls to Overalls in three generations. . . ."), but I'm not so sure.
                              Last edited by Da Geezer; August 24, 2016, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Academics around the country are embracing the relatively new trend of using trigger warnings to shield students from ideas that might be discomforting or

Very proud to see this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X