No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCP polling averages in states that Trump needs to completely sweep to win election...

Ohio: Hillary +5.0
    Florida: Hillary +4.5
    Pennsylvania: Hillary +9.2 (!)
    North Carolina: Hillary +1.8
    Georgia: Hillary +0.3
    Arizona: Trump +0.3
    Missouri: Trump +5.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      Missouri: Trump +5.3

Comment

• I know my network of friends doesn't represent a national trend, but I'm still amazed at how many are voting for trump because they dislike Hillary and how many are voting for Hillary because they dislike trump. Maybe time warps the memory, but it feels like this election is more about not voting for someone than voting for someone.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I don't know anyone who is voting for Trump because they don't like Hillary. Come to think of it, I don't know anyone who has declared for for Trump, period (IRL, that is).

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            I don't know anyone who is voting for Trump because they don't like Hillary. Come to think of it, I don't know anyone who has declared for for Trump, period (IRL, that is).
            Hahaha.

You've got to be kidding. It is the main reason for most that I know.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I haven't met a Trump voter yet. At least nobody that admits it publicly. I did see a Suburban with TRUMP emblazoned on the rear windshield last week, tho.

Comment

• Massachusetts has passed a 20 cent per ride tax on Uber and Lyft. Five cents to the taxi drivers, 15 to the government.

Some of you older fellows may remember when photos of lungs that were blackened by cigarette tar first were published. There was a real push for smokers to quit, and for youngsters not to start. I believe that if e-cigarettes had been around at that time, they would have been wildly popular. But vaping has come along at a time where the government has taken a stake in the cigarette industry through the class-actions governments filed. The Government now has a stake in taxis too, through the medallion system. So we now ban or tax disruptive ideas in favor of old ideas.

This is called being progressive.
                Last edited by Da Geezer; August 22, 2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• I know more than a few people who are voting for Trump because of their hatred for Hillary. Although if it was the generic ham sandwich running instead of Hillary they would hate the ham sandwich as well. So I'm not sure it really means much.

Comment

• Uber is a great thing. I am in Nairobi now for work and Uber is a fantastic addition to this very lightly-regulated transportation scene. Reliable, and takes the hassle out of negotiating every ride.

But, in reality, if your product requires a regulatory win to be profitable then you aren't disrupting anything. You've simply got better people in DC than your competition. I'm in favor of regulating any type of transportation option. One ride in an un- or under-regulated market and it becomes obvious why.

Comment

• Chicago column on urban unrest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• The truth is that Liberalism is about making elites feel better about themselves and their lives without requiring the underlying action of significantly improving the lives of African-Americans.

White liberals...

Comment

• Just good parenting..

Comment

• Dear f'n god. I just don't even know what to make of this:
                            Rees wanted to have sex with Green and, when she declined, he gave her liquid meth anally — and then again and again — until she agreed, according to the Daily Democrat.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon
                              Its a choice between Hitler and Stalin. Voting for either one is purely a partisan vote with complete disregard to the impact on this country. Maybe this election and it's impending 4 year dire impact is the hard bitch-slap this nation's electorate needs in order to actually start nominating people worthy of the office.
                              Poppycock! You can disagree with Ms Clinton's policy proposals and you can actually think she would set the country back, but only one candidate is proposing to limit the press, killing or imprisoning political enemies (even if only "joking"), and to impose religious tests and limiting the rights of those of the "wrong" religion.
                              To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                Dear f'n god. I just don't even know what to make of this:
                                Sounds like your run-of-the-mill Bill McCartney recruiting visit to me.

:shrug:

Comment

Working...
                                X