No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The national average price of gas is down to $3.20 (here in Ohio it's a little below that). Trump's promising he'll have that down to $1.60 in 12 months guaranteed. How? Drill baby drill?!!! Don't ask for more details.

How will cheaper gas allow the USA to produce all the coffee it needs and not require foreign imports? Well uh, you see, we'll be able to grow the coffee in North Dakota greenhouses or something once electricity is practically free thanks to Trump (just like in his first term when we produced 100% of our consumed coffee right?).

Other than a tiny amount grown in California, Hawaii is the only state with a climate suitable for growing coffee and does not remotely come close to having the capacity to meet US demand. Trump's proposals will make coffee significantly more expensive and you can believe all you want that $1 gas is coming (it's not) and it won't change that. Unless he carves out an exception of course. But if you carve out exceptions for anything Americans actually want to buy, then what's the fucking point?

Comment

• He said "energy" not just gasoline. YOU BORE ME, STRANGELOVE!!!

Comment

• The national average for a kw/H of electricity is currently $0.17. Back in 2017 it was more between $0.13 and $0.15. To reach his goal of a 50% cut he has to get it below $0.08, well below what it was in his first term. The datat only goes back a decade so I can't tell you immediately the last time electricity was that cheap.

Anyone here believe he will accomplish this? If so, you are a moron. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Average energy prices for the United States, regions, census divisions, and selected metropolitan areas : Midwest Information Office : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (bls.gov)

Comment

• I do not believe he will achieve a 50% reduction. Critical thinkers will compare his views on energy policy with Kamala Harris' energy policy and conclude that energy under Trump will be cheaper. Not as cheap as he'd have you believe, but far better for our economy and country than the Harris plan.

Comment

• Less kilowatt rates and more exploding pagers, please.

It sounds like the Israelis intercepted the shipment of pagers from Taiwan, inserted 2 ounces of explosives inside the pagers and then detonated them all at the same time. That shit would be corny if it was in a movie! Just fucking spectacular work by Mossad. The Arabs done fucked up good this time. I wonder if they're having any regrets.

Also: LOL at the Iranian ambassador to Lebanon having one of the pagers.

Comment

• And critical thinkers can conclude that consumer products will be significantly more expensive in the Trump presidency. Unless of course you're choosing to believe he will NOT actually succeed in implementing any of his tariff plans. Which, incidentally, keep escalating. First it was a 10% across the board hike, now it's 20%. And suddenly he's talking about banning imports altogether from counties he thinks aren't being "fair".

I keep saying fair enough if you think the tariffs won't ever happen. But anyone telling you big tariffs bring down prices is either an idiot or outright lying. The entire purpose of a tariff is to raise the price of a good. It's deliberately inflationary.

Comment

• The exploding pagers thing DOES sound like a major plot point in some Chuck Norris 80's action movie produced by Cannon Films.

Comment

• Thoughts? I genuinely can’t tell if this is a “bit” or he’s being serious.

Comment

• DSL:

Re: tariffs and fuel prices? Are you saying his campaign promises are unrealistic/overstated/problematic?

How dare he! Trump will be the first candidate in the history of American politics to ever trot out some campaign promises that won’t be able to initiated.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                      DSL:

Re: tariffs and fuel prices? Are you saying his campaign promises are unrealistic/overstated/problematic?

How dare he! Trump will be the first candidate in the history of American politics to ever trot out some campaign promises that won’t be able to initiated.
                      My good sir I provide this forum an invaluable service by presenting the other side of the coin to burlap-clad miscreants who want to hear nothing but praise for the triumphant God Emperor.

Now let me tell you about Kamala. She's a moron, a liar, a fascist Marxist who slept her way to the top. She will ban meat and outlaw Christianity. She will destroy America and nothing you love will survive. And worst of all? She uses inflammatory language.

Comment

• Ah. Well. Nonetheless.

Comment

• lol they're blowing up walkie-talkies today

Lebanon is hit by MORE explosions as 'Hezbollah walkie talkies' detonate across the country a day after pager bomb carnage | Daily Mail Online

Comment

• For their next trick I'd like to see something done with microwave ovens. These guys are just the best.

Comment

• Look...Trump is a blowhard...we all know this. He exaggerates constantly. But Kamala is clueless. She is a puppet of the Prog state. The only thing real you can look at is Trump's 4 years...and Biden/Harris 3.5 years...for comparison. Given that it should be game over. But the scales are tipped with the media of course which levels that out. Thus it will be close.

If the D's had any resemblance of a middle of the road moderate who could speak intelligently to the press...it would be game over because of the boorishness of Trump.

Once again...this is America's choice. God help us. Lesser of two evils....again.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                For their next trick I'd like to see something done with microwave ovens. These guys are just the best.
                                Might have gotten your wish. This round is starting to sound a lot more diverse. Solar panels, cell phones, fingerprint key entries...

Comment

Working...
                                X