No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught the end of the women's marathon. I must say, the announcer did a really damn good job making it interesting.

Comment

• Milwaukee sheriff: US gov't collapsed our black community

Aug. 15, 2016 - 2:17 - County Sheriff David Clarke points finger at 'progressive polices' for creating culture of poverty and violence

[ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/5083611231001/milwaukee-sheriff-us-govt-collapsed-our-black-community/?#sp=show-clips[/ame]
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Rudy warmed up the crowd today by reminding them that in the 8 years before Obama became President, there were no successful RADICAL ISLAMIC attacks on America.

Uh...huh

Also told the all-Ohio crowd that Mike Pence had served the state well. Read up a bit more on the fly-over states, Rudy baby

Comment

• Rudy is one of the standard bearers of the GOP, they probably ate that up.

Comment

• Bush would be slaughtered if this was happening under his watch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• You more infatuated with Bush than a teenage boy

Comment

• I don't know how anyone could live down there. It's not a matter of IF you'll be subject to a natural disaster but WHEN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  I don't know how anyone could live down there. It's not a matter of IF you'll be subject to a natural disaster but WHEN.

Flooding happens everywhere just about. I was in a restaurant on the ND/Minny line and they had marks above my head noting water lines from numerous floods.

Gulf states and the eastern seaboard get hurricanes, flooding is everywhere, mudslides, fires, droughts, and earthquakes out west, tornadoes through the Great Plains and into the South, ice storms in the far north...

We are all gonna die!
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Louisiana is a low-lying state in its own right. IIRC, New Orleans actually lies below sea level, which is what contributed to the damage from Katrina.

Just like snow and ice in Michigan's winters, folks from cajun country have to accept that they are susceptible to flooding.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The problem with Katrina was that the flood defenses were broken. If they had held, the major flood would have been avoided.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Flooding happens everywhere just about. I was in a restaurant on the ND/Minny line and they had marks above my head noting water lines from numerous floods.

Gulf states and the eastern seaboard get hurricanes, flooding is everywhere, mudslides, fires, droughts, and earthquakes out west, tornadoes through the Great Plains and into the South, ice storms in the far north...

We are all gonna die!
                        Forty years of darkness! Rivers and seas boiling! Dog and cats, living together...mass hysteria!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                          The problem with Katrina was that the flood defenses were broken. If they had held, the major flood would have been avoided.

Yeah, there were engineering issues that had been known about for decades. They knew that they would fail well before Katrina.

Why weren't they fixed? Well, Louisiana has worse pols than Chicago historically.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• They probably weren't fixed so that they could blame the next Republican president for the problems...

Looks like the joke is on them ... no chance of that until 2024 or later ...
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Bad numbers for Trump in Virginia. Perhaps insurmountable. Down 8 points among military members

Comment

• The lack of Infrastructure structure spending has been a long term issue that spans both Republican or Democratic administrations. Everybody in Congress wants to vote for it but big spending bills on infrastructure are a political winner for the President in power.

Comment

Working...
                                X