Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I don't care much for Harris just like I didn't think highly of Biden, but I'm absolutely for anyone over Trump.
    Yeah, I know. You are "meh" on Harris but you don't think she's an absolutey terrible candidate. And even if you did, you'd still vote for her. I understand.

We don't particularly digress too much on DJT, but we aren't really remotely close on Harris.

I think you have to count on the electorate not getting to know her. It's certainly possible with the machine that will be doing everything it can to get her elected.
    Last edited by iam416; August 6, 2024, 09:15 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And, fortunately, most of America rejects race-based government and policy choices. Unfortunately for Harris -- she does not. She is wants more. Not less.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

If she says yes, then what do you come back with?

Voters don't care if you flip flop. They expect it out of politicians. This has been proven repeatedly at this point. Just say the popular thing NOW. They only people who will scream are the hyper-partisans on both sides.
        OK, are clips from her 2020 presidential run fair game? She ended up as VP on the strength of her 19th place finish landing her a spot in the current administration. I'd say her opinions and statements from then until now are highly relevant.

Comment

• Oh just remembered there are primaries today. Cori Bush may soon be out of a job.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Yeah, I know. You are "meh" on Harris but you don't think she's an absolutey terrible candidate. And even if you did, you'd still vote for her. I understand.

We don't particularly digress too much on DJT, but we aren't really remotely close on Harris.

I think you have to count on the electorate not getting to know her. It's certainly possible with the machine that will be doing everything it can to get her elected.
            The machine of which you speak includes the old R intelligencia, which is already cautioning the party against taking any lines of attack that might actually work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

The machine of which you speak includes the old R intelligencia, which is already cautioning the party against taking any lines of attack that might actually work.
              The R intelligencia would probably love some policy-based attacks. It's Trump and Team MAGA that want to roll with "She ain't really black!!!" and "This whore slept to the top!!"

Unless you actually think it's the latter crap that works with swing voters (it ain't).

Comment

• Man, I hope for her sake she didn't have to fuck Biden.

Comment

• Most of America is pro-"woke".

LOON.jpg
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That was so ridiculous I couldn't even respond.

Comment

• Well...according to CGVT...Jesus was "woke"...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        Well...according to CGVT...Jesus was "woke"...
                        Yep. He was.

The Repubs are losing the culture war.

The fear is palpable

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• That's a shame since the Repubs are on the side of normalcy and decency. So congrats on destroying our culture!

Comment

• Walz is proudly a "Defund the police" guy...so congrats...and good luck with that...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

The R intelligencia would probably love some policy-based attacks. It's Trump and Team MAGA that want to roll with "She ain't really black!!!" and "This whore slept to the top!!"

Unless you actually think it's the latter crap that works with swing voters (it ain't).

Yeah well, here's the thing. Policy-based attacks won't do anything. For a variety of reasons, not the least of which is that people who are voting against Trump aren't voting against Trump because of policy.

Harris is the quintessential DEI hire -- the ultimate test case for proving how fundamentally stupid the concept is. Hammering on that feature is not only wise -- it's essential. The mythical voter block who is anti-DEI but grossly offended by any mention of somebody being a DEI hire does not exist. The Rs who are saying otherwise have as much success in politics as Brian Frerentz has running an offense and would be encouraging everyone to vote for Jeb Bush if they had their way right now. We're going through the same routine that we went through in 2015 when so many Rs were downright appalled that Donald Trump dare make illegal immigration his fundamental policy platform. Those retards were as wrong then as they are now.

Pointing out that Harris used her sexuality and not her brains or savvy as a brilliant lawyer to advance her career is essential too, because the Democrats are going to try and paint her as a role model hero genius who has run a gauntlet of white male racism to become the first female vice president. Which, of course, is silly horseshit, but it will go completely unchallenged if the columnists at Townhall.com and the NRO have their way. But I'll admit that line of attack is trickier and riskier, because of how women vote, and Donald Trump does not have the ability to toe that line effectively. That's where surrogates and memes come into play. But somehow, that dialog has to be made mainstream.

Notice how the Democrats never have consultants advising them to stick to policy when it comes to Republicans. That's because they are wise enough to recognize that turning the opponent into an avatar who represents what voters hate is a very effective strategy. As is identity politics, which is here to stay, regardless of how much Talent dislikes it.

Comment

• There is no universal consensus on what "woke" even means let alone there being a strong majority that is against it. The truth is people have much more pressing problems than worrying about Coca-Cola diversity statements. The whole "War on Woke" already peaked two years ago but some of you are slow to change.

A GOP war on 'woke'? Most Americans see term as positive: Ipsos Poll (usatoday.com)

Americans divided on whether "woke" is a compliment or insult | Ipsos

Voters Are Tired of the “War on Woke” (dataforprogress.org)

Republican voters don’t really care for the war on woke - Vox

Polling suggests that defeating 'woke' policies in schools and government is not a priority for most Republican voters (yahoo.com)​​​

Here's what happened to the Republican war on 'woke' - The Fulcrum​​

Comment

Working...
                                X