No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, there's pushback from some mayors, but it's maybe the first sensible thing he's done. What's not clear is whether it's performative. My guess is that it's not -- Progs are notoriously "for thee; not for me" fucktwats. As long as they can virtue signal without getting their own shit fucked up, it's all good. But when that virtue signaling comes at a price, well -- fuck that. My guess is that the California homelessness issue has finally surpassed that particular critical mass. Just as, e.g., Covid schools closures did and the state's complete disregard to shoplifting.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Yeah, I’ve seen some of the California homeless encampments in person in San Francisco. It’s shocking.

Also, saw a YouTube video of a business owner in LA who parked his truck in front of his business and was given a $200 ticket for illegally parking on the sidewalk. The funny thing was, all sidewalks in the area were filled with tents and boxes that the homeless were using to live in and he parked his truck in front of the business he owned to keep the homeless from building directly in front of his business (which they were continually doing), but he was the one fined. It’s madness.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Vance is really adding a lot to the ticket. Woof

Comment

• If you missed it last night, an FBI sting operation in El Paso arrested some Sinaloa Cartel leaders

Ismael “El Mayo” Zambada: US arrests alleged Sinaloa cartel leader and son of ‘El Chapo’ in Texas sting operation | CNN

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
            Vance is really adding a lot to the ticket. Woof
            Vance is wholly unimpressive.
            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• The war in Ukraine......I've been following this at a distance because it has become a broken record. Day after day of a slog. The Russians should have the short term upper hand but the failure to make rapid advances after successfully gaining control of usually very limited territory has to be discouraging to the Russian operational commanders and planners. By the same measure, that the Russian army in it's overall capacity to wage a fairly complex combined arms operation - they've learned and adapted - isn't just rolling over Ukraine has to be encouraging to the Zelenski government and their international supporters.

Newsweek tends to write war copy that emphasizes Russian failures and dramatizes Ukrainian resilience and small successes. One thing that is not dramatized is the reporting of what's going on in Crimea. The Russian Black Sea Fleet has its official primary headquarters and facilities at the Sevastopol Naval Base, Crimea, which Russia annexed from Ukraine in 2014. The Ukrainians have sunk something like 50 Russian ships belonging to the Black Sea Fleet with some innovative water born tactics when HVU are the targets. The sinking of the Cruiser Class Moskva very early in the conflict is an example and there are others more recent. As well, the Russian Navy has repositioned major combatant ships across the Black Sea and in Russian ports out of harms way. In doing so, they have abandoned the mission of controlling the Black sea and preventing Ukrainian ships - importantly those carrying grain - from sailing into it and then onward to delivery points world wide.

The major Russian airbases in Crimea, Saky and Belbek have been repeatedly attacked with ATACAMs​, evading the most sophisticated Russian air defense systems. Damage is reportedly significant. The most recent prompted the withdrawal of military personnel and their families from housing surrounding the Saky air base. It would not surprise me at all if the UA mounted a major offensive to retake key land masses in Crimea in the coming months while the RA focuses on incrementally grabbing land without significant tactical or strategic importance in the Donetsk Oblast of eastern Ukraine.

Putin is clearly trying to hold on until he hopes Trump is elected in November and assumes the US presidency in January 2025. On the other side, the Ukrainian armed forces have to be planning a major operation of some kind that takes the thunder out of that likelihood. There are already reports the the EU members of NATO are planning to continue to support Ukraine in the absence of a major US military, logistical and economic support. Most observers think that is a very tall order, and IMO, despite talk that Trump will end US support, he might reduce it but, will not allow Ukraine to fall to Putin. NATO countries are in a good position to restrain Trump's actions in this regard as I have noted in previous posts. Following is a link to the Kiev Post's summary of the latest ISW report.

War in Ukraine - Latest update, key takeaways and map from the Institute for the Study of War on July 26, 2024
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• While Putin boasts about having the upper hand in a protracted war of attrition with Ukraine, the massive government spending to support that war is playing havoc with Putin's plan to hang on. In response to the heavy spending which has pushed inflation to a 3y high (the last spike occurred when the Rubel collapsed) of 9%, Russia's Central Bank raised interest rates to 18%. No reliable economist thinks the hyper-spending on the war is going to end anytime soon. Putin's war in Ukraine will continue to require replacement of military hardware and manpower.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Then we have the shit-storm in the ME. Iran, answering the bell sounded as Netanyahu made an official visit to the US to solidify US support in it's war against Hamas, fired a large number of rockets into Israeli controlled portions of the Golan killing more Israelis. Israel named Hezbollah as the perp and they denied it. Highly likely that was a Hezbollah operation at the direction of Iran. Of course Hezbollah leadership will obfuscate the facts with typical Arab terrorist behavior.

Comment

• Two days without a post here? Talent, DSL, you jabronis need to step it the fuck up.

Comment

• I'm still trying to understand how Harris was the Border "Czar" and never advocated banning fracking.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well, keep on wondering. The D mouthpieces may be worse than those that are reporting for the R's (and DJT) in lying their asses off creating alternate realities. That is true about the past, present and future for anyone hoping to shape public opinion on a Harris administration or a Trump administration. It's really hard to understand what the full range of administration policies will be for either Harris or Trump. I'm not even sure past political records establish what future policies will be. I can't think of a presidential election that I've been alive during that is as bad as this one in getting a firm grip on what Harris or Trump will do, for example, in Ukraine, or immigration..... or how either of them will take steps to secure economic growth and stable prices for goods and services during their terms in office. Those are key questions for me.

Comment

• Not to change the subject but...

I'm taking a lot of flak in another forum regarding comments I made about this picture from the Olympics.

4943811250696534415?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia.necn.com%2F2024%2F07%2FGettyImages-2164103053.jpg%3Fquality%3D85%26strip%3Dall%26resize%3D1200%252C675&fb_obo=1&utld=necn.com&stp=c0.5000x0.5000f_dst-jpg_flffffff_p500x261_q75&ccb=13-1&oh=06_

I asked the question, does wearing these teensy uniforms give these girls a competitive advantage? As a dad and a grandfather, if I had an Olympic family member who was REQUIRED to wear this as a 'uniform', I'd wonder why? For instance, if wearing these teeny "uniforms" gives these girls a competitive advantage, then why aren't our Men's Basketball team required to wear Speedos and bras, instead of shirts and shorts? Don't we want them to reach their ultimate potential?

I'm surprised how many women are fighting me on this. I thought I was taking a stance that was respectful of women, and simply asking a question about modesty. Some women told me (of course) to "get your mind out of the gutter", and other variations of that. A few others agreed with me. But I was surprised by the blowback I got from women on this. They think this is just fine.

Silly me. I guess my old-farted-ness is dominating me again ...
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                              I'm surprised how many women are fighting me on this. I thought I was taking a stance that was respectful of women, and simply asking a question about modesty. Some women told me (of course) to "get your mind out of the gutter", and other variations of that. A few others agreed with me. But I was surprised by the blowback I got from women on this. They think this is just fine.
                              Those are the same women who think it's "just fine" that Kamala got so far with her heels in the air.

Comment

• Well it depends on the sport. In swimming and diving the women are significantly more clothed than the men. Wiz's favorite sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X