• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 25th or bust.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I like the 4th and 2 analogy. Apt.

Comment

• For anyone who thinks that the Clintons have gone away quietly ...

The strongest argument against replacing President Joe Biden as the 2024 Democratic nominee is the notion that no suitable successor exists. But there is, and not just a damn good one but one of th…
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It could be quality entertainment if Michele Obama tosses her wig, .. er ... hat into the ring for the Dem nomination ... it could set up a floor fight between the Clintons and Obamas

Neither would back down, nor be satisfied with 2nd banana on the ticket.

Comment

• The Obamas would prevail.

Comment

• Yep.

But the fact is...Joe ain't leaving short of the 25th...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• He's leaving, but the only question is, will he leave via the 25th Amendment, which means he also resigns the Presidency, or will he just bail out of the nomination, and release his delegates to the convention?

That answer affects Giggles in a mighty way. It will be hard to deny her the nomination, if she's already sitting in the Oval Office. If Joe is still there, but not the nominee, then the fun at the convention commences.

Comment

• The conspiracy nuts are up to four shooters now.

Comment

• Comment

• It just depends on what the rules are for the DNC, and how they apply to delegates that have already been won in the primary process.

If I understand the rules correctly, if Joe remains as a candidate, his delegates are required to vote for him on the first ballot at the convention. That makes the convention moot, because he has more than enough delegates to win the nomination on the first ballot.

Joe can release his delegates (as I understand) which means the convention becomes an open one, and the fun begins. Everybody and their grandparents will throw their hats and wigs into the pot. How that gets sorted should be quality, corn-popping entertainment. The Democrats are just as fractured, and maybe even moreso than the Republicans are, but they haven't had a major decision like this to start the fires burning. Joe releasing his delegates not only strikes the match, it also throws gasoline on the fire.

So its all up to Joe, and what he wants. If he can withstand the mounting pressure to resign/release his delegates, he's going to be the nominee. I doubt that he's going to resign the presidency. I think there's about a 40% chance that he releases his delegates. He seems to be digging his heels in more with each passing day.

Comment

• It's official. HE'S OUT

Comment

• Yep. He's out.

And according to Fox, he just endorsed Giggles for the nomination.

And somewhere, there is smoke coming out of Hillary's ears.

And nobody named Obama is very happy right now either.

Comment

• Blue Wave, Baby!
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              Blue Wave, Baby!
                              LOL!!!!

I might actually watch a debate between Giggles and Trump just for the entertainment value.

Comment

• Assumiing that the majority of Biden delegates vote to nominate Giggles, who will she choose as her running mate? Who among the D's wants to be second banana to her?

Comment

Working...
                                X