No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't see Harris winning. I can see Joe winning again. I don't think that there's enough of an anti-Biden vote to swing things much against him. People are, to at least some degree, voting against Trump, and Biden is still more palatable than Harris for a lot of people.

I don't know much about Shapiro, and I don't know if there's another promising purple state guy that the Dems can choose from.

Comment

• Oh wow, Lou Dobbs died today too.

Comment

• Anyone into vidya? I'm playing through Elden Ring these days. Fantastic game. Hard AF though. Like, "walk-on OL vs. vintage Alabama DL" hard

Comment

• Wow, Trump is horrible at ad libbing. He needs a script and he needs to stick with it. Woof.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• What a fucking clown show.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• 900.jpg
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Should have went with the Rocky music and lasers then did a 45 minute greatest hits routine.

Oh well, at least it’s over.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  Joe ain't leaving voluntarily...
                  He's still leaving- by whatever means necessary. What difference does it make?

Comment

• That acceptance speech was definitely not one of his best moments. He could have said all that in about half the time instead of rambling on and on. Not a fan of how he's trying to evoke more sympathy from us over the attempt on his life. I think the sympathy level in the country is about where you can expect it to be. His supporters have sympathy, and his enemies wish Crooks had better aim. You're not going to change either side's minds. So now, the next question is, when does Joe step aside? And, what will he actually do? Will he resign as President AND give up the nomination, or will he just give up the nomination, and release his delegates? If he doesn't resign the Presidency, that effectively locks out Giggles, which is not a bad thing. There's no way she goes in and wins an open convention, IMO. I'd say that Joe gives up his delegates within the next 7 days.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Wasn’t watching. Heard the speech was a bit…long?

Comment

• Universal opinion seems to be the first 15 minutes (which was mainly a retelling of the assassination attempt) were good. After that? A big woof.

He beat his own record for longest acceptance speech ever by about 20 minutes.

Comment

• Nate Silver’s evolving opinion of the speech lol

Comment

• DSL,

The last half of the speech fluctuated between cringey to ridiculous and horrible. It was very bad. He clearly went off script and he absolutely should not have.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• So still working the kinks out of the "new tone".

Comment

• It’s all so maddening. Biden is doddering. Anyone with a pulse should easily run laps around Doddering Joe. Just talk about the border, inflation over the course of the Biden administration, and pull a Reagan and ask ‘are you better off now than you were four years ago?’ etc. I mean, come on. Biden’s own party is publicly raking him over the coals and asking him to step aside. Less is more, but instead he spent time talking about being called “your excellency” and how he and Kim Jong are friends because he has nuclear weapons. It was, as I said, maddening.
                                Last edited by AlabamAlum; July 19, 2024, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X