No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Harris was a viable option the "Get Rid of Joe" campaign would have happened long ago.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 100% They actually tried to Weekend-at-Bernie's a dementia patient through a presidential campaign rather than go to the bullpen. But when the starter gives up 14 earned runs in one and a third innings... Well.....

Comment

• I think that their prospects are worse with Harris. She is wholly unlikeable. But I also don't think that they are stuck with her.

Comment

• The Dems are fucked...and they fucked themselves.

Trump is ahead at halftime 98-0. Now he can just play prevent and win...but never underestimate his ability to say or do something stupid...

He'll keep throwing bombs into coverage...it's what he does.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's not 98--0. He's got a slim lead in the third quarter. 538 has it at about 50/50. Predictit has Trump at 63 cents.

Comment

• There's a fair number of people that are both anybody-but-Trump and anybody-but-Joe for different reasons. Just give them someone fairly normal and they'll vote for them. Does Harris qualify? We'll find out but I think she at least gives the Dems a chance, unlike sticking with Joe. I'm skeptical there's enough time to introduce anyone else without causing an internal civil war.

Comment

• Joe ain't leaving voluntarily...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• One thing that Harris does have going for her is her skin color shield. Anyone who correctly points out that she is a diversity hire (Biden openly said this) will get bashed and torn apart as being a racist Nazi.

If Harris runs, watch how many Republicans will trash their own base when they criticize her.

Comment

• They can't skip over Harris. A significant portion of the party would revolt plus she's the only one who can legally access the campaign war chest since she's on the current ticket. Not sure how they reallocate the delegates after Biden releases them, though. There isn't time to throw together a shotgun primary so I guess they'll coalesce around a candidate, Harris, before the convention and then make it official there.

Comment

• The fact that the Biden circle tried to hold a virtual DNC roll call TOMORROW to lock in delegates for Joe and then backed off until at least August kinda tells me behind the scenes the anti-Joe crowd seems to be winning the war. I expect him to leave now. But not much better than 60/40.

Comment

• I tend to think he's toast and they're in the strategizing stage of how best to do it.

This is a fun read.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          They can't skip over Harris. A significant portion of the party would revolt plus she's the only one who can legally access the campaign war chest since she's on the current ticket. Not sure how they reallocate the delegates after Biden releases them, though. There isn't time to throw together a shotgun primary, so I guess they'll coalesce around a candidate, Harris, before the convention and then make it official there.
                          I don't think that Harris has enough support for people to get pissed off if she's not the nominee. She might be on the ticket, but it's not because she was voted onto it. She was polling at about 2% when she dropped out of the primaries. The Dems are probably scrambling to figure out a backroom deal right now where Biden's delegates will vote for someone other than Harris.

Comment

• If I were a Dem, I think that I'd feel the same about Harris getting passed over as I would feel if JD Vance was passed over if Donald Trump couldn't run.

(God what a shitty VP pick)

Comment

• You're not considering their adherence to cross-sectionality or whatever the current buzz term is.

From the link I posted of delegates discussing moving on from Joe:

The conversations unfolded just as the president’s surrogates told network anchors he wasn’t going anywhere, a vow Biden has continued to make while fending off broader pressure to step aside.

That didn’t stop delegates and activists from coalescing behind Vice President Kamala Harris. “Kamala isn’t the strongest overall but logistically it’d be the cleanest,” wrote Nico Brancolini, a vice president of the Stonewall Democratic Club, referring to the Golden State native.

“But imagine the fury if a sitting vice president who is a black woman were passed over for any of the other candidates,” Brancolini added.​

Comment

• Harris was the ultimate DEI pick. It's Biden or Harris. There is no other alternative. The campaign funds dilemma alone makes it that way in addition to the aforementioned DEI dilemma.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X