Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Holy shitballs.

Judge Aileen Cannon, who has seemingly been doing everything she can to help Trump in the classified docs case, just dismissed all charges against him, claiming Jack Smith was illegally appointed special prosecutor. I cannot imagine this will stand on appeal.

EDIT: In the Supreme Court's immunity decision, Clarence Thomas wrote separately to say that the Special Prosecutor was unlawfully appointed (a popular legal theory on the far right). If any of the other Justices actually agree with that, they chose not to make it public. Not even Alito concurred with what Thomas wrote.
    No surprise at all.

That special prosecutor had to be approved by the Senate, AND he had to come from outside of the government. I'll bet 95% of all Federal Circuit Court Judges would have held the same way. You are not in NY anymore Strangelove.

This is in light of Joe not being prosecuted for his theft of classified documents because he is old and senile. The most obvious example of the DOJ trying to elect progressives was Comey's decision not to indict Hillary. He said that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. I beg to differ.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

No surprise at all.

That special prosecutor had to be approved by the Senate, AND he had to come from outside of the government. I'll bet 95% of all Federal Circuit Court Judges would have held the same way. You are not in NY anymore Strangelove.

This is in light of Joe not being prosecuted for his theft of classified documents because he is old and senile. The most obvious example of the DOJ trying to elect progressives was Comey's decision not to indict Hillary. He said that no reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case. I beg to differ.
      Was Robert Hur approved by the Senate to be a special counsel?

Furthermore, Cannon doesn't even say that Smith's Jan 6th case in DC must be dismissed as well. Only the case she has direct control over.

Clarence Thomas is the ONLY Supreme Court Justice to publicly endorse this nonsense.

If the govt appeals they will win and Cannon's trash role will be over.

Comment

• Kudos to Judge Aileen Cannon for heeding President Biden's advice by taking the temperature down a notch and allowing the nation to heal.

Comment

• Cannon joins Judge Flanders out in Amarillo, Texas as the most partisan hack rightoid judges running a district court today.

It's amazing that this case was even assigned to her. Something like a 1-in-20 chance. She's the only judge in the District based in Fort Pierce and not Miami-Dade Metro. Her courthouse is such a backwater, it wasn't even equipped with a SCIF and miraculously (for Trump) she was still assigned this case centered around highly sensitive materials. The case got delayed even more while they waited for a SCIF to be built.

A real credit to Michigan Law School.

Anyways they actually COULD refile the entire case in DC if they really wanted to but the optics of THAT would be pretty awful.
          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; July 15, 2024, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• And meanwhile "changed man" Donald J. Trump lasted about 36 hours and he's back attacking all the old enemies on Truth Social.

UNITY!!!!

Comment

• Gotta hunch Trump will pick Tim Scott as VP in a couple hours. Less polarizing choice than JD Vance given the event on Saturday and going for a different “unity” message.

Well said YouTube video posted below that I totally agree with. I follow this guy on YouTube due to my love of the actual subject of history. When compared to being less interested in modern politics (a casual fan of modern politics). We need to learn how to disagree as a society. Unrelated, but can’t Ohio State and Michigan fans get there too with a FAR much less important subject of the rivalry … 😇

AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Quite the world we live in where DJT is convicted on absolute shame charges (and fined a laughably insane amount in another NY case), and the absolute most credible charges against him are dismissed on what is probably,at best, an untested Constitutional theory.

What a time to be alive.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not only that, somebody tried to kill him!

Comment

• Two new NY Times/Siena polls of Virginia and Pennsylvania

Virginia
                      Biden +3
                      Tim Kaine +17

Pennsylvania
                      Trump +3
                      Bob Casey +8

The most recent poll in Ohio (early July) had Trump up 10 and Sherrod Brown up by 5-6 points.

Things can change but down-ticket Dems don't seem like they're being hurt by Biden's incredible unpopularity. Furthermore, the more Trump seems like a slam dunk, the more middle-of-the-road voters may be inclined to think "maybe there ought to be at least SOME check on this guy..."

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        Looks like I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue.
                        No please continue.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            Two new NY Times/Siena polls of Virginia and Pennsylvania

Virginia
                            Biden +3
                            Tim Kaine +17

Pennsylvania
                            Trump +3
                            Bob Casey +8

The most recent poll in Ohio (early July) had Trump up 10 and Sherrod Brown up by 5-6 points.

Things can change but down-ticket Dems don't seem like they're being hurt by Biden's incredible unpopularity. Furthermore, the more Trump seems like a slam dunk, the more middle-of-the-road voters may be inclined to think "maybe there ought to be at least SOME check on this guy..."
                            We can only hope this is the case.

People who were not going to vote for him are still not going to vote for him. People that were going to vote for him are still going to vote for him.

Getting shot at does not make him any less of an abhorrent piece of shit.

I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• YouGov polls show this being true in other states too

Nevada
                              Trump +4
                              Rosen (D) +7

Wisconsin
                              Trump +5
                              Baldwin (D) +7

Arizona
                              Trump +7
                              Gallego (D) +7

Michigan
                              Trump +2
                              Slotkin (D) +9