No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom line is, if Trump would have turned his head to face the crowd while he was speaking, instead of looking to the side, we'd be having a much different discussion right now, and in some places, people would likely be reacting violently. I doubt that cities would be burning, but I think that some MSM headquarters buildings would possibly be under siege. Thank goodness that did not happen.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• CGVT, are you still hosting the election night party? I'll bring chips and salsa.

Comment

• Good thing God was looking out for Trump and sent an angel to protect him.

451097359_10219884435181814_1931437803751796572_n.jpg
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Look, hate Trump or love him, but this is one badass photo.
          It's an iconic photo but after watching video footage of the incident last night, I realize that chick in the front is the one who secured her sunglasses before they secured Trump. The Secret Service was a fucking clown show before, during, and after the shooting. Heads need to roll immediately. People on that detail should be ex-Spec Ops guys who can pick Trump up and throw him in the car in a matter of seconds. That's what's supposed to happen in those situations. As historic as that moment was, it should have never happened. I was absolutely stunned when they said they were gonna stand him up on 3 or whatever. It literally looked like mall security out there.

Comment

• Thank goodness that did not happen.
            The shooter had an almost perfect bead on Trump's head. At a little over 100 yards (think goal post to goal post) that's a difficult shot for an untrained marksman. Clearly he had some marksmanship training. Made more-so using an AR-15 style rifle. I haven't seen confirmation but the shooter undoubtedly used a scope.

I too, like others here, wonder why none of the SS snipers took a shot. The guy is clearly visible on the roof-top and there's that one photo where it looks like a sniper saw him before he fired at Trump. Those guys are on a net and somebody has to order a cleared to fire command before the sniper can take his kill shot. That's probably going to be a key finding - the command to take the shot was delayed.

It is just amazing luck Trump is still alive. We're talking millimeters between a nick on Trump's right ear and Trump's head exploding like a melon hit with a well placed round.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• That is a remarkably easy shot even for an amateur. The shooter was lying in the prone with the rifle resting on the peak of the building which is the optimal position to be in. In basic training you shoot pop-up targets up to 300 yards away with iron sites and the Trump shooter was 130-150 yards away from Trump. Anyone with a modicum of skill could make that shot with relative ease. Fortunately, the shooter went for a headshot instead of center mass (much larger target) and Trump glanced over at the video screen which saved his life. It's crazy how close that was.

Comment

• Believe the shooter and his dad may have been hunters. Someone from his high school said he got picked on a lot for wearing hunting clothes to school.

Comment

• I heard on the radio this morning that the gun was actually his dad's. Safe to assume the guy has shot before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    I heard on the radio this morning that the gun was actually his dad's. Safe to assume the guy has shot before.
                    Yes, that is correct. Part of how they ID'd him so quick.

Comment

• I heard driving into work today that they know he bought the ammo just hours before the shooting.

Comment

• It was also a hell of a weekend for celebrity deaths that got drowned out (justifiably) with the assassination coverage.

Shelley Duvall, Dr. Ruth, Richard Simmons, Jacoby Jones, and Shannon Doherty ...

Comment

• Holy shitballs.

Judge Aileen Cannon, who has seemingly been doing everything she can to help Trump in the classified docs case, just dismissed all charges against him, claiming Jack Smith was illegally appointed special prosecutor. I cannot imagine this will stand on appeal.

EDIT: In the Supreme Court's immunity decision, Clarence Thomas wrote separately to say that the Special Prosecutor was unlawfully appointed (a popular legal theory on the far right). If any of the other Justices actually agree with that, they chose not to make it public. Not even Alito concurred with what Thomas wrote.
                          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; July 15, 2024, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• But will they want to restart the case given the current political climate? I think this fades away especially considering Biden got a pass on account of his doddering unfitness for office.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              But will they want to restart the case given the current political climate? I think this fades away especially considering Biden got a pass on account of his doddering unfitness for office.
                              It's going to fade away to nothing because Trump's going to win and fire everyone associated with this case. But they can appeal, will almost certainly win, and ask for a different District Judge to take the case over. Cannon's already been slapped down hard once by the 11th Circuit over her "special master" fiasco that delayed Trump's indictment by almost an entire year.

Comment

• Looks like I picked a bad week to quit sniffing glue.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X