No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s just insane. As someone that loves history, this will go down in the books and be remembered decades from now. I received unexpected texts from all sorts of people last night due to the event. Social media being madness too.

Glad Trump is OK and RIP the innocent person that unfortunately lost his life. I haven’t heard an update about the two other critical injured people and hope for the best. A rifle/ sniper shot from ~500 feet away. It’s crazy to think if that bullet hit half an inch differently, Trump would have lost his life. If his head was positioned at a different angle too as he turned to read a chart from the right teleprompter. Worst case scenario and I couldn’t imagine the chaos that would be happening in our country at this moment… It’s just unacceptable for violence to ever happen here when it comes to politics. I hope it’s a wake up call for the better. Do better! Learn from history.

The event certainly locks in Trump’s win in November, but that’s a footnote to all of this. Barring Michelle Obama replacing Biden on the Ds ticket. You can look at what happened to Reagan’s approval rating in 1981 after a similar event. That Trump fist pump moment and saying “Fight.” It’s honestly a badass moment. Trump has many weaknesses, but that was him at his finest. (Again, footnote to all of this. Political violence isn’t acceptable).​
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Anyone want to take odds on how long before the first talking head says, "Well, with his rhetoric, you know this eventually had to happen".... and ... "He had it coming".

The 'ladies' on The View are probably giddy with anticipation of Monday's show.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'd be shocked if Trump holds any more outdoor rallies. He really just needs to hunker down...Chairman style...with good reason. The R convention is going to be something intense now...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          I'd be shocked if Trump holds any more outdoor rallies. He really just needs to hunker down...Chairman style...with good reason. The R convention is going to be something intense now...
          I dunno, Wiz. What we saw of Trump yesterday after he was shot was a very PO'd and defiant guy. I think he was trying to get the Secret Service to let him address the crowd afterward, but they said no dice. He might just make more appearances just to spite this assassination attempt. He's definitely not your average candidate.

And as a pre-emptive argument against the "he had it coming" comments that will soon be spoken, lets just suppose:

Joe Biden was in Butler PA yesterday to address his adoring public. Standing in the same spot as Trump was standing.

The building that the shooter took his shot from was uncovered, just like yesterday, .. and someone took a shot at Biden.

Should that building have been covered with Secret Service agents ON that rooftop?

Did Biden "deserve" it?

Comment

• Abraham Lincoln...Ronald Reagan...Donald Trump...

I forget which side is the anti-democracy side again...refresh my memory...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I opened a live stream on ABC YouTube immediately after the news dropped yesterday. Crazy how many people in the live chat were commenting “staged” or “fake.” Dumbasses.
              No, this isn’t the scene from the critically acclaimed film ‘Machete’ when Robert DeNiro’s character had a political campaign in the tank…

Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
              Abraham Lincoln...Ronald Reagan...Donald Trump...

I forget which side is the anti-democracy side again...refresh my memory...
              You forgot Paul Pelosi …
              AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Reagan's assassination attempt wasn't really a political act either. Hinckley was nuts. And has artwork for sale if anyone's interested!!!

BTW, the guy who shot Wallace is still alive and walking around a free man too. He was about the same age at the time as the guy yesterday.

Comment

• There are nuts on both sides of the aisle and correct that it's not political per se wrt Reagan...he was a nut and I don't recall the toxic political environment at that time although I was in high school at the time...the threat to Scalia and the softball shooting were definitely tied to the toxicity created by the left both the D party as well as the MSM. If you want to blame Trump for Jan. 6 then how can you not say the same here wrt the Chairman's words? This "Threat to Democracy" and the Trump Witchhunt needs to stop...it probably will for awhle but it will return.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Both sides need to tone it down, sure. We are living through another era like the 60's.

It wouldn't exactly shock me if the guy yesterday turned out to be a leftist, an anarchist, a fascist, whatever. Maybe not even a political angle. There's been virtually nothing concrete released about the guy other than he was 20 and he was a registered Republican, but registrations are pretty meaningless. I think I am currently registered Republican just because the last primary I voted in was an R one.

I heard he had no ID on him so maybe the gun was registered and that's how they identified him so fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      You're all just dipshits with a one eared candidate.
                      Well done.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Both sides need to tone it down, sure. We are living through another era like the 60's.

It wouldn't exactly shock me if the guy yesterday turned out to be a leftist, an anarchist, a fascist, whatever. Maybe not even a political angle. There's been virtually nothing concrete released about the guy other than he was 20 and he was a registered Republican, but registrations are pretty meaningless. I think I am currently registered Republican just because the last primary I voted in was an R one.

I heard he had no ID on him so maybe the gun was registered and that's how they identified him so fast.
                        I mean, blame will be dealt out in rash tones. There's no doubt about it. I think it started with the Giffords (?) shooting (Arizona congresswoman) and blaming Palin for that. At least that's the first time I really rememeber it being politicized.

So many people hate DJT -- with plenty of cause -- and I assume a healthy number of those people are loons -- I'm actually surprised this shit hasn't happened before. He's obviously the most polarizing political figure since, honestly, -- Lincoln? I guess maybe Wallace -- but I don't think Wallace was ever in the 50/50 area. DJT is in roughly the 45/50/5 area in terms of love/total hatred/meh
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• E.L.E. Everybody love everybody.
                          We can debate and have fun about politics, sports, and movies/ TV. Political violence is unacceptable and we need to try our best as a society to stop it. Definitely tone this down.

There’s not a good solution, but stuff like yesterday pisses me off. Extremism doesn’t represent the vast majority of us normal people.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If some 'right winger' had taken a shot at Biden yesterday, in the same situation, then Pmsnbc, CNN, ABC, CBS, NBC and pretty much all of the MSM would be calling it an attempted coup, and a dire threat to democracy.

As stated here in other remarks. E.V.E.R.Y.B.O.D.Y. needs to tone it down. An attempted murder is nothing to be joked about. Be it against the President, former President, or the gas station attendant on Main Street in Pawhuska Oklahoma. It was a criminal act, and was rightly dealt with by the Secret Service. And I'd cheer them if they had surrounded Joe like they did Trump.

Comment

• FB_IMG_1720969100898.jpg
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I wonder what Jack Smith will think about this...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X