No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Obama/Clinton take is straight out of right wing tinfoil hat country.
    Sure, that's a possibility but I think a balanced approach to the question of who will be governing if Biden is elected president informs who voters across the isles should be voting for. Admittedly, the choices suck but that's what's on offer. The proverbial, it's a voters choice "between two really bad options," applies.

I also reject your characterization of Trump as "an unhinged psychopath." I think he can be safely characterized using the DSM 5 as narcissistic and exhibiting antisocial behaviors. It is true that under a set of DSM defined mental health disorders he could be characterized as a psychopathic. I believe the less dramatic antisocial behaviors DX which include as a sub-diagnosis Narcissistic Personality disorder and a whole bunch of other shit that doesn't apply (IMO) is a safe bet for amateur psychiatrists like were pretending to be here. Without a psychiatric evaluation by a medical professional skilled in that field of medical practice, throwing terms like "unhinged psychopath" around don't serve any rational purpose.

Do you want to compare far right to far left zealots in the House and Senate to see who has more influence? Bring it on.
    No.

My view is that I'm not plugged into congressional currents involving far right and far let influence on legislation. If I understand correctly how legislation becomes law, there is historical precedent for compromise that prevents one political view from dominating; it's back room compromise. Despite the Congressional drama that the American press (clearly with left leaning bias) wants to portray is a bunch of crazy right wingers obstructing the president's (and other's) progressive agenda, in the end there has been compromise on key bills - the way it's supposed to work. While there is a notably greater partisan divide these days, I'd assess that a lot of the resistance to Biden's legislation is born out of a rejection of left leaning progressivism (the government paying off student loans is a good example of the free money shit progs revel in. Of course, that resistance immediately gets attacked as racist, mysoginistic and unamerican by a willing press carrying the water for America's leftist elitist crowd.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jesus Christ. If it walks like a duck and if it talks like a duck...
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• As of May, the federal government has spent $1.2 trillion more than it has collected in fiscal year 2024. In the first quarter of 2024, federal debt as a percent of GDP was 97.3%.

The Oracle of Omaha (sorry Wiz not you), Warren Buffet proposes this:

“You just pass a law that says that any time there's a deficit of more than 3% of GDP, all sitting members of Congress are ineligible for re-election.”

I like it.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Why is it tinfoil hat territory to state that should Joe vacate his nomination, that the Clintons and Obamas would gear up for a convention fight to get their preferred candidate(s) nominated?

I see that as not only reasonable, but expected. I'd almost be disappointed in both groups if they did NOT initiate a convention fight.

There ARE a few courses of action that The Chaiman can take here:

1. Stay the course, keep the nomination, and head for election day. (Guarantees a Trump victory, IMO) Only question would be, does he keep Giggles?

2. Bow out of the nomination process, release his delegates to the convention, but remain as President. (Effectively shutting out Giggles)

3. Resign the presidency, immediately and release his delegates to the convention. This makes Giggles the President until at least January, and throws the convention into a tizzy.

4. Keep the nomination AND the presidency until after the convention, then resign both. Not sure what that would do to the nomination. My guess is chaos, and a Trump presidency.

I suppose there could be other scenarios, but these are the ones that seem at least plausible.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• CGVT, yours is in the mail!

A2AE95D0-B031-475E-AB11-C6B5C070C14F.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              Why is it tinfoil hat territory to state that should Joe vacate his nomination, that the Clintons and Obamas would gear up for a convention fight to get their preferred candidate(s) nominated? I see that as not only reasonable, but expected...........
              It's because Trump haters are blind to his capacity to act responsibly. According to observers, when he had the right staffers and advisors around him, that happened. His dickishness hides all of that as far as America's press is concerned. Trump haters also don't see the risks of reelecting a president who may not survive a full, 4y term. They dismiss the reality that even if he does live the next 4.5y, his mental capacity to act as president is already in question and there's no going backward - he's not going to improve, he's only going to get worse as the affects of aging take their predictable toll. Biden's digging his heels in just encourages his supporters to dismiss what is his obvious mental decline, insisting he can do the job effectively when it's clear (IMO) he can't.

Ross Douthat wrote in the NYTs Opinion section that R's didn't like DJT, wanted him to disappear but couldn't get it together to replace him on the republican ticket in November, 2016. He opines that the D's are more organized and capable of getting Biden to step aside.

Douthat writes: "Biden’s incapacity, and the wave of elite anger at its concealment, has already created a greater sense of tension for Democratic politicians and staff members and apparatchiks than could ever exist on the Republican side," implying the D's can gracefully engineer Biden's elimination from the D presidential ticket in 2024 when the R's couldn't eliminate Trump from the R ticket in 2016. It seems that the usually supportive and left biased American press is trying to gracefully shift to the position that it's time for Joe Biden to step aside.

I hope that's an accurate assessment. Joe Biden has served his country honorably and deserves our respect and an honorable exit from the presidency.

Comment

• It is interesting to follow the controlled media in their rush to abandon Biden. They have known he was senile since at least 2020 but covered for him. Now, suddenly, everyone is jumping ship after the debate. I suspect world leaders who met with Biden in the last two years knew he was basically a vegetable. The defense establishment advised him against the Afghanistan surrender, but he insisted it happen "right now". I wonder how much dementia played into his intransigence.

There is no way that the Dems can avoid running Kamala. I expect the ticket to be Harris/Shapiro.

Comment

• I
                  t's because Trump haters are blind to his capacity to act responsibly. According to observers, when he had the right staffers and advisors around him, that happened.
                  FFS, this is simply not true. He has no capacity to act responsibly.

The dumbass fired anyone that didn't agree with him. There is a long list of staffers and cabinet members who will not support him, including his VP.

The guy is a dangerous, morally bankrupt piece of shit.

Don't try revising history to make you feel better about voting for him.
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• He was very responsible with regard to the border. That alone is enough for me to put up with the clown show antics.

Comment

• EF to the fucking Z
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ST to the Fuck Up.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• AA:

...you're the one that I want...oh baby....ooooh oooh oooh...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Trump hasn't held a public event since June 28th. On the one hand it's smart to just stay quiet and let the Dems form a circular firing squad. But it's also an indication of how lazy a campaign he's been running this year compared to 2016 and 2020. He simply doesn't do many rallies or events, for better or for worse. And it was like this even before he had required court appearances and the primaries were still going on. But the Biden meltdown doesn't really demand he do much himself.

It goes without saying I'll be voting for the vegetable over the moron. Trump requires as many handlers as Biden does to keep him from doing something fucking awful and I believe the quality of his handlers in Season 2 will be significantly worse.

Comment

• The Left beats back the Far Right in both the UK and Frenche elections (obviously, MAGA takes this as foolproof evidence the elections were rigged)

France election 2024 live: NFP wins most seats, Macron’s bloc second, Le Pen’s in third | CNN

Comment

• This story reminded me of this exchange. Heh.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Along with the miracle drug, I'm sure his team had tonight's questions in advance.
                                Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                                Oh absolutely. Very rigged.

WURD radio parted ways with its host Andrea Lawful-Sanders after admitting that the White House gave her with a list of questions to ask before her interview with President Biden.

Another local radio host admitted to ABC News recently that he was given questions to ask President Biden before his interview with the world leader.

I don't know where I get these crazy ideas that the media is in cahoots with the Ds.

Comment

Working...
                                X