No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every morning when I leave the house a bike comes outta nowhere and runs me over.

It’s a vicious cycle.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Little known fact: if you turn a canoe over you can wear it as a hat.

Because it’s cap sized.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I thought you were "letting yourself out"? Why are you still here?
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• A bear walks into a bar and talks the barkeep, “I’ll have a gin and……………………………….tonic.” The barkeep says, “Sure, but why the big pause?”

The bear answers, “I don’t know. I was just born this way.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            I believe the most serious charges Hunter could have faced have surpassed their statute of limitations. Is his tax charge a state or federal case?
            The tax stuff is a federal case too. I don't recall off the top of my head why it's in California though. Possibly because that's where his former company tied to the charges was registered.

Comment

• Decent CPI report and Fed comments later could turn this into a good market day. CPI being held flat mainly by big drops in gasoline prices which I can say anecdotally is true. I saw gas selling for under $3 in rural Ohio back on Monday.

Supreme Court will be releasing decisions both tomorrow and friday. Odd to release any on Flag Day but time's running short.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                A bear walks into a bar and talks the barkeep, “I’ll have a gin and……………………………….tonic.” The barkeep says, “Sure, but why the big pause?”

The bear answers, “I don’t know. I was just born this way.”
                Japes such as these might generate much mirth in the Dundee wharf district but will only elicit contempt in higher circles, you Jacobite knave.

Comment

• I see a proud mob of Democrats protested the Memorial to October 7 victims in NY with such signs as "Long Live October 7" and "Death to the Zionist State" -- good stuff.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Japes such as these might generate much mirth in the Dundee wharf district but will only elicit contempt in higher circles, you Jacobite knave.
                    My family were Protestants and atheists (around 1550 or so I assume, but I was too young then to realize what was happening).
                    Last edited by AlabamAlum; June 12, 2024, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I see a proud mob of Democrats protested the Memorial to October 7 victims in NY with such signs as "Long Live October 7" and "Death to the Zionist State" -- good stuff.
                      Seeing them vacillate between saying Oct 7 was just Zionist propaganda and then supporting the murders and hostage taking was kinda amazing.

“This never happened!” to, “It happened and it was righteous!”

I’m not sure how you argue with people like this.

Comment

• Kind of like the people that think Jan 6 was just tourists or antifa or the FBI or...( insert batshit crazy theory here)
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I’m very anti Jan 6 rioters, CG, prosecute them to the full extent of the law (it was outrageous that they stormed the capitol), but the carnage of the music festival massacre was a whole ‘nother level. Whataboutism and trying to make some analogous equivalency is extremely off base, imo.

Comment

• Okay, this is enough politics’ talk for me. Cannot brook anymore.

Comment

• Hamas has no intention of negotiating a cease fire. For the time being, Hamas benefits from the continued killing of Palestinians at the hands of the IDF. i.e., according to the preponderance of the news, Israel is the bad guy, Hamas the victim. You can't be serious: Sinwar implied in an interview yesterday, that he is unconcerned about the deaths of the Palestinians who heretofore were governed by the organization that he is the head of. Yet, Hamas is the victim here???

After 12d, Hamas has formally replied to the UNSC's Resolution. They agreed to it with a list of changes that not only change previous positions Hamas has staked out but significantly change the UNSC's Resolution. Blinken has said, the Hamas response is unworkable.

“At some point in a negotiation – and this has gone back and forth for a long time – you get to a point where if one side continues to change its demands, including making demands and insisting on changes for things that it had already accepted, you have to question whether they’re proceeding in good faith or not,” Blinken said in reference to Hamas.

Well, no shit. Stop negotiating with terrorists. Seek out and kill them - exactly what Netanyahu is doing. Finish it.

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Wednesday expressed frustration that Hamas has submitted “numerous changes” to a US-backed proposal for a ceasefire and release of hostages in Gaza – a development that casts further doubt on the prospects of quickly securing the deal the US hopes will bring “an enduring end” to the war.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                                I’m very anti Jan 6 rioters, CG, prosecute them to the full extent of the law (it was outrageous that they stormed the capitol), but the carnage of the music festival massacre was a whole ‘nother level. Whataboutism and trying to make some analogous equivalency is extremely off base, imo.
                                Not Whataboutism. Just pointing out that when people are hard over on believing stupid shit, you aren't going to change their mind.

Just look at crashcourse and his undying belief that the election was stolen, even when the people that championed that bullshit admit that they lied and the courts and all credible evidence say that it is not true.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X