No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of course, it almost goes without saying where those "institutions" are really being controlled. Yet the vast majority of their advocates are completely oblivious to the fact that they are little more than pawns

Comment

• A society with a healthy immune system would have fired up the woodchippers for the Epstein crowd a long time ago.

However Black Pilled and/or angry you are about how unaccountable the people in charge are, it’s probably not enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Well, the "institutions" that tend to build narratives in the US hate the US and don't want the US to be a superpower. It's not that they suck at building the narrative -- I'd argue The Media has very much built the current narrative re Israel. It's that they don't ever want to glorify western values, western achievement or US-hegemony. They want it undone. And they will always side with "brown oppressed" people even if those people, you know, promote rabid misognistic and anti-gay policies. At least they're not white males.
        TBF, there are some very legitimate humanitarian concerns at this point regarding Israel’s war conduct. But most people expressing those concerns don’t have a lot of credibility in that area. Me being a cold and heartless bastard – I honestly couldn’t care less for the plight of the people living in that region. Like the meme says, “let them fight”.

But there are also some very legitimate reasons to not like Israel if you are American They have an insanely oversized political role in the politics of Western countries – especially the US. I, for one, am tired of American politicians, especially Republicans, making what looks like hostage videos referring to Israel as “our greatest ally’. They aren’t. An ally doesn’t backstab you like Israel does. They see us with contempt and Mossad has a reputation of being ruthless and evil for a reason.

Comment

• This week's Supreme Court decisions in about a half hour.

Comment

• 3 decisions but none of the big ones. Roberts & Gorsuch sided with the three liberals and the Apache Tribe against the federal govt in a case involving healthcare costs

Comment

• Comment

• In other news...

Trump ally Steve Bannon ordered to report to prison July 1 in contempt of Congress case - CBS News

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

TBF, there are some very legitimate humanitarian concerns at this point regarding Israel’s war conduct. But most people expressing those concerns don’t have a lot of credibility in that area. Me being a cold and heartless bastard – I honestly couldn’t care less for the plight of the people living in that region. Like the meme says, “let them fight”.

But there are also some very legitimate reasons to not like Israel if you are American They have an insanely oversized political role in the politics of Western countries – especially the US. I, for one, am tired of American politicians, especially Republicans, making what looks like hostage videos referring to Israel as “our greatest ally’. They aren’t. An ally doesn’t backstab you like Israel does. They see us with contempt and Mossad has a reputation of being ruthless and evil for a reason.
                  I get this. However, at the level of US geopolitical strategy, Israel's survival, as the sole true democracy in the ME, is important. In pursuing US national security goals it makes sense to overlook it's faults to aid Israel's right to exist. This is especially true as an Axis of Iran, who's stated policy includes the destruction of Israel, China and Russia seek to reduce or eliminate American influence on the global stage. A coalition of SA, willing gulf states and the US present a formidable obstacle to Iran in it's pursuit to be the power broker in the ME. An agreement by SA to recognize Israel would be a huge deal and many observers think that it was negotiations among principals to make this happen that spurred Iran to green-light Hama's attack on Israel in October of last year. At present, Iran and it's proxies terrorist organs are perfectly happy to keep up the fight and trust that political pressure and the current narrative regarding the Israeli-Hamas war created by our enemies internal and external persists. Unfortunately, and has I have poste up thread, the US is very good at losing wars when it dives in to, in this case, support what Israel represents.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I think I've heard people mention this the past few years but D-Day and WWII in general are now as far in the past as the Civil War was at the time of WWII.

Comment

• Same with Regan's speech at Ponte du Hoc (40th anniversary) and today (80th).

Comment

• I believe the last Civil War veteran died in the 50's. And sometime next decade the WWII generation will likely be gone.

Comment

• Random...but after decades in #2, Pepsi has actually fallen behind Dr. Pepper in the Cola Wars

This soft drink just passed Pepsi as the second most popular soda brand - al.com

Comment

• well now that the laptop is testified to be real in a federal case by an fbi agent seems there should be charges against 51 intelligence officials for election interference for swearing the laptop was Russian disinformation.

our current CINC seems to have shit the bed with his appearance at the d-day festivities and was hastily taken away by Jill

Comment

• well now that the laptop is testified to be real in a federal case by an fbi agent seems there should be charges against 51 intelligence officials for election interference for swearing the laptop was Russian disinformation
                              That in itself is such a massive fucking story. People who pointed to the contents of the laptop were basically mocked and derided all the while we had former heads of the CIA, FBI, and National Intelligence stating in writing that it was a phony Russian plot. But Orange Man colluded with Russia to win in 2016... The only election interference I've seen to date has been orchestrated by the Left.

our current CINC seems to have shit the bed with his appearance at the d-day festivities and was hastily taken away by Jill
                              If that is the case, he'll go down in history as the first American to shit the bed on that beach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

That in itself is such a massive fucking story. People who pointed to the contents of the laptop were basically mocked and derided all the while we had former heads of the CIA, FBI, and National Intelligence stating in writing that it was a phony Russian plot. But Orange Man colluded with Russia to win in 2016... The only election interference I've seen to date has been orchestrated by the Left.
                                IIRC, wasn't the "Big Guy" implicated in some felonious activity in that content? You would think that the DOJ might want to look into something like that.
                                Last edited by Tom W; June 6, 2024, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X