Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

So if someone sold their stock in this company based on the above information, would that be considered political activism?
    LMAO
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• With regards to Wizard's quote of Biden yesterday, the White House claims he meant to say "recession" instead of "pandemic". You can go through the speech in the link below and anywhere they have a word crossed out is a supposed "misspeak". (There's quite a few). I've underlined them because the cross-outs don't copy and paste easily. The pandemic flub was really close to the beginning of the speech too.

And when I was vice president, things were kind of bad during the pandemic [recession], and what happened was Barack said to me, “Go to Detroit and help fix it.” Well, poor mayor, he spent more time with me than he ever thought he was going to have to. (Laughter.) God love you.

PARTICIPANT: Love you.

THE PRESIDENT: Folks, I’m humbled to receive this organization [award], which defines the character and consequence of what we do. I’m always grateful to Derrick Johnson, the leadership for the NAACP. (Applause.)

​​

Remarks by President Biden at a Campaign Event | Detroit, MI | The White House

Comment

• There's no question what he intended to say. That I completely agree with. I have zero thought that he thinks the pandemic was in 2010. BUT, of all the words in the statement to fuck up, that's a pretty big one. And I'm certain he didn't notice it.

It's not that he actually believed that shit -- it's that he flubbed something so remarkably easy.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Meanwhile the Trump trial is basically over. They won't do closing statements until after the holiday weekend but the defense just rested. No Trump on the stand. Not at all surprising, that.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            There's no question what he intended to say. That I completely agree with. I have zero thought that he thinks the pandemic was in 2010. BUT, of all the words in the statement to fuck up, that's a pretty big one. And I'm certain he didn't notice it.

It's not that he actually believed that shit -- it's that he flubbed something so remarkably easy.
            Yeah, that should make us all sleep better knowing that this is the same guy that has access to the nuclear codes.

Comment

• He’s doddering and unfit to serve. The problem is Kamala would be worse than whatever Biden’s handlers are issuing in hus name.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Yep. Can't wait to see which unqualified sycophant Trump chooses as his running mate. We'll have VP debate that will look like Miss Teen South Carolina answering questions from a few years back.

EDIT: Oh, hell I may as well post it. Kamala couldn't say it any better. The state of our elected officials at the highest levels, folks:

Last edited by Mike; May 21, 2024, 11:50 AM.

Comment

• It’s just shocking that these are who we have to choose from. Gonna go water my garden with some Brawndo. It’s the thirst mutilator, you know.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It speaks volumes about our society’s ruling class and how utterly immoral and incompetent they are.

These past 8 years have been really eye opening in that regard.

Comment

• Comment

• They believe these things because they're trying to figure out why their dollar doesn't go nearly as far as it used to. Most people don't give a shit that the S&P is up 12% when the price of a fast food meal is $15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          They believe these things because they're trying to figure out why their dollar doesn't go nearly as far as it used to. Most people don't give a shit that the S&P is up 12% when the price of a fast food meal is $15.
                          I think that’s true. But inflation and higher interest rates are causing people to believe things that simply aren’t true. I mean when half the country thinks we’re at a 50-year high in unemployment….

Comment

• huge news out of the UK as Sunak is expected to call for a general election less than two months from now. Polls indicate the Tories would get slaughtered and fall from power for the first time since 2010.

Comment

• Biden has proven to be in bed with the rich than common folk. We know that. The rich and Hollywood elites love him. He does more for the wealthy and less for the working man than even Trump. Whatever happened to that tax everyone over $400,000. mandate that Biden should clam about at election time. All the rich got tax breaks. Swine...

Comment

• What exactly did Trump do for the working man?
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X