No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The margin is something like 3 or 4 if every Dem votes to vacate. But the Dems will likely save him because they actually WANT the federal govt to function and not be held hostage to a handful of freaks every couple months.

Problem starts to become that some Rs in really MAGA districts might not want to vote to oust him but will feel pressure because rightwing media and social media influencers (once again) have been poisoning the base with absurd, unreal expectations. So the number of Dems needed could creep upwards.

Comment

• Mike Gallagher's last day in Congress is Friday. After that the balance will be 217-213 for around a month until late May when McCarthy's seat gets filled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        The margin is something like 3 or 4 if every Dem votes to vacate. But the Dems will likely save him because they actually WANT the federal govt to function and not be held hostage to a handful of freaks every couple months.

Problem starts to become that some Rs in really MAGA districts might not want to vote to oust him but will feel pressure because rightwing media and social media influencers (once again) have been poisoning the base with absurd, unreal expectations. So the number of Dems needed could creep upwards.
        Then again, in an election year it wouldn't be bad politics to let the Rs in the House trot out their clown car as often as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Plenty of worse things to spend it on.
          Plenty of better things to spend money on too, although in the IDF's defense, at least they actually competently use all of the money and hardware that we provide them with.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Well your tax dollars did pay for it.
            Yup. Plus the Biden administration's refusal to enforce sanctions, coupled with allowing Iran to access $ 10 Billion in "frozen" funds, means that the US paid for the missiles of the Republican Guard too.

DSL, can you explain to me why the Dem party remains enthusiastic about some deal with Iran? Makes no sense to me?

Israel had always needed to destroy the Iranian nuclear missile project, and now is the right time to get that done.

Comment

• DSL is an Anti-Semite
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

DSL, can you explain to me why the Dem party remains enthusiastic about some deal with Iran? Makes no sense to me?
                The Democrats have a huge conundrum on their hands when it comes to Jews vs. Muslims, because it's all about who is a bigger/worse victim for them. The one thing that they all agree on is that Whitey = bad, but when it comes to two minority groups that have been oppressed by Whitey fighting one another, their brains short circuit because "oppressor vs oppressed" is the only math that they know.

Comment

• That's true to a certain extent because Republicans have identified the only true victims in society: soft, insecure, middle-aged men. And all their politics are now geared to pander to the resentments of that significant body of total losers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

The Democrats have a huge conundrum on their hands when it comes to Jews vs. Muslims, because it's all about who is a bigger/worse victim for them. The one thing that they all agree on is that Whitey = bad, but when it comes to two minority groups that have been oppressed by Whitey fighting one another, their brains short circuit because "oppressor vs oppressed" is the only math that they know.
                    The math works out very easily for them in the Israel/Hamas war. The poor terrorists have been picked on for far too long by those mean Jews. Or you can just use wealth/standard of living as a proxy for "oppressor". It's the same reason why, in the progressive's view, Asians aren't really a minority because they're white adjacent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

The math works out very easily for them in the Israel/Hamas war. The poor terrorists have been picked on for far too long by those mean Jews. Or you can just use wealth/standard of living as a proxy for "oppressor". It's the same reason why, in the progressive's view, Asians aren't really a minority because they're white adjacent.
                      TBF I don't see universal support for Hamas at all on the Democrat side. Maybe 50/50. And with the rise of the dissident Right, support for Hamas is becoming somewhat of a bipartisan issue.

Comment

• It's clearly a more progressive thing. Maybe it's split 50/50 on the D side but that seems like ginormous support in the United States for an internationally recognized terrorist organization.

Comment

• You know what I think?
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• A glass of bourbon and a good cigar on my patio with Allman Bros Fillmore East blaring on the speakers as I watch the neighbors' shapely adult daughter shake my pool water off her bikini bottoms is a decent way to spend the afternoon.​
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• informative
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• NINTCHDBPICT000609009381.jpg
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X