No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Omar nearly got primaried in 2022. She only won by 2 points as I recall. The same guy is running against her again. Based on what I've been reading Bowman and Bush have credible competition. Bowman is expected to be in more trouble, in part, because his district has been redrawn.

Comment

• Hopefully, they'll get the boot.

Comment

• I can only wish that Tlaib follows suit.

Comment

• I seriously cannot believe they're stupid enough to openly declare that Taylor Swift and the NFL are MAGA enemies and anyone that's loyal to Trump and loves America (same thing in their eyes) needs to give up them both, but we seem to be heading that way.

Trump Allies Pledge 'Holy War' Against Taylor Swift (rollingstone.com)

Comment

• Taylor Swift and the NFL are like two of the last remaining remnants of a "common culture" in the USA. Trump apparently wants to pick a fight with both and scream at swing voters that they only be friends with HIM or Swift/NFL. Got to choose just one. And swing voters, who above everything else just want normality in their lives, ain't going to go for that freakshow shit, you deranged, insecure clown.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                I seriously cannot believe they're stupid enough to openly declare that Taylor Swift and the NFL are MAGA enemies and anyone that's loyal to Trump and loves America (same thing in their eyes) needs to give up them both, but we seem to be heading that way.

Trump Allies Pledge 'Holy War' Against Taylor Swift (rollingstone.com)
                That's good ole Donald for ya, constantly reminding people why they didn't vote for him in the past two elections.

Comment

• It's not so much about hating Swift as it is about having her shoved down our throats constantly when we're trying to watch a football game.

Comment

• Did you know it's gonna be a real challenge for her to make it to the Super Bowl? You see, she'll be on tour in Japan and it's 17 time zones away...

Comment

• Ahhh, keep grifting the good grift, Stacey.

Super Bowl commercials, donations to Democratic politicians’ campaigns, and $25 million to a friend’s law firm — talk about bloated. Yet Ms. Abrams never starved. Surely serendipitously, she has been able to turn her finances around during these past few years. She barely scraped by in 2017, according to campaign filings, and she failed to settle a $54,000 debt with the IRS until 2019. Still, as of 2021, she owned two homes worth $1.4 million, according to a report from Fox News. I simply must know which index fund she used.

Comment

• Erick Erickson laid out the other aspect of the anti-Taylor campaign and it's simple cynical MAGA influencers grifting. A huge chunk of the MAGA influencer/media crowd are simply nihilists that don't really care about anything but making money and staying relevant on social media. Clicks and views are all that matter. It doesn't matter if people click on your posts because they love you or hate you. As long as someone's watching. And what's a good bear to poke that'll get a mob swarming? The Swifties will do, one of the largest celebrity fanbases on the planet.

Of course this won't help Trump at all. How's he helped by alienating young woman voters? The reality is the MAGA grifting community doesn't really care if Trump wins or not. He just needs to stay powerful and influential so they can stick to him like a remora and eat his scraps.

Charlie Kirk, Benny Johnson, Jack Posobiac, a bunch of others than are overly online fit into this category. A lot of the more normal conservatives, whose entire careers don't depend on an online presence, thinks going after her plus the NFL is idiotic.

Comment

• And just an offhand comment because I hear things like Swift fans are mainly teenagers who don't vote. That's not really true. She's 34 now. Anyone who was a teenager when her first album came out is now at least 30 years old. Her core fanbase is a woman in their mid-20's to mid-30's. She has plenty of teen fans still, sure, but anyone who grew up listening to her is now 30+ and possibly has kids of their own.

Comment

• One day he'll die.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              One day he'll die.
                              We can all dream.

Speaking of the elderly Tasmanian devil, I missed this post from late last night. I guess Alina Hubba Hubba is off the E Jean Carroll case. I imagine Mar a Lago is being inundated with calls from prestigious firms today!

Comment

• If only he could have had his day in court.

Comment

Working...
                                X