Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
    Whitmer solves the Kamala problem but it's all moot because we're on an unavoidable crash course for the worst sequel in history.
    is there any other kind?

Comment

• Highest court in NY just ordered the congressional maps to be redrawn for 2024. GOP not gonna be happy.

Comment

• For all of the shit that the Presidents of Penn and Harvard took for their testimony on anti-Semitism, I would probably agree with them. Context is hugely important in considering harassment and intimidation. Hate speech that is not a specific call to violence is and should be legal. The answer that they gave that it becomes harassment if it is targeted specifically at an individual makes a lot of sense.

Comment

• Yeah, in a vacuum. It’s not in a vacuum. It’s against years of vigorously going after words they disagreed with. Penn, e.g.,, is still in process of firing law professor who spoke against affirmative action and favor of Court’s decision.

So, ironically enough, it’s the actual context that truly exposes these fuckers.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The educational system in this country is a fucking joke...from K thru college. Charter and private schools are far superior...but for some reason...the Teachers Unions are afraid of competition...maybe because they suck at educating? Indoctrination of our kids is going to be the downfall of America.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So, you’re saying you went to public school?

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                Yeah, in a vacuum. It’s not in a vacuum. It’s against years of vigorously going after words they disagreed with. Penn, e.g.,, is still in process of firing law professor who spoke against affirmative action and favor of Court’s decision.

So, ironically enough, it’s the actual context that truly exposes these fuckers.
                I don’t entirely disagree with you but Amy Wax goes a little bit further than simply disapproving of affirmative action…her views on race are pretty similar to the dude you’re addressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                  So, you’re saying you went to public school?
                  12 years of catholic school buckwheat...then in 7th grade I had to go to public...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

12 years of catholic school buckwheat...then in 7th grade I had to go to public...
                    Math checks out.

Comment

• Wiz was the youngest junior high graduate in his fambly. Also the only.

Comment

• Correct. My best friend was Jethro Bodine.....
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I don’t entirely disagree with you but Amy Wax goes a little bit further than simply disapproving of affirmative action…her views on race are pretty similar to the dude you’re addressing.
                          There’s no context for her, just whether students “feel safe.” And whatever she’s said, I doubt it rises to the advocating genocide which was the specific question those Presidents couldn’t answer.

And that’s the point. That’s the context. If you are on the wrong side of Woke context is irrelevant. When you’re on the right side, context matters a great deal.

Indeed, even the most controversial words she’s said —generally — aren’t particularly different in form, if at all, from those of Kendi and every “anti-racist” out there.

Last edited by iam416; December 12, 2023, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• More importantly, you hear about Corky & Lenny’s?

Comment

• I did. They weren't my favorite corned beef shop, but they were good. Sad.
                              Last edited by iam416; December 12, 2023, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Let’s not gloss over today’s feel good story. Israel began flooding Hamas’ terror tunnels in Gaza…with water from the Mediterranean. You wanted to bridge that gap to the sea? We’ll bring it right to ya’!

Comment

Working...
                                X