Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Bouncing back to this for just a sec but the Ohio GOP is already making plans to try and undermine Issue 1 as much as possible or hold yet another referendum next year to try and repeal it. This is why the GOP's abortion liability won't go away for a long time. Too many in the party are fanatical about it.

3News Investigates: Ohio GOP lawmakers planning against Issue 1 | wkyc.com
    The amendment has certain vague provisions that the Supreme Court will narrow. They will not put it on the ballot again.

The Ds are going to challenge parental consent under this amendment. So, in case you think the Rs have a monopoly on stupid just wait until you see how broadly Ds want this construed. I know this for *a fact*

Once the fight moves toward limits on the right it tilts toward even or even Rs, depending on the limit.
    Last edited by iam416; November 9, 2023, 11:01 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That said, Matt Hoffman is loony tunes, so I wouldn't put anything past him.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

The amendment has certain vague provisions that the Supreme Court will narrow. They will not put it on the ballot again.

The Ds are going to challenge parental consent under this amendment. So, in case you think the Rs have a monopoly on stupid just wait until you see how broadly Ds want this construed. I know this for *a fact*

Once the fight moves toward limits on the right it tilts toward even or even Rs, depending on the limit.
        To be fair only the very, very loud minority within the party probably wants to try and repeal it. But they ARE very loud and moderate Rs do next to nothing to tell them to STFU already. So good luck getting women to trust that the GOP really considers it settled and that there's no going back.

Comment

• Meanwhile in DC….the Caucus of Comity continues….

Comment

• House R's can't get their shit together on the budget and MTG picks this absolutely perfect time to file a privileged resolution to impeach Mayorkas. Being privileged means it HAS to be taken up in the next 2 legislative days and all other business takes a back seat.

The Party of Stupid

Comment

• STFU

Mayorkas is a fucking disaster but he is just following orders of this loony administration.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                I've written my last post on SIgn-Gate for a while - unless something earth shattering occurs.

I wonder "a while" means these days.

Comment

• Manchin just announced he's not running.

Comment

• Smart. He was gonna get trounced.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• much better republican debate last night surprisingly good control from the NBC moderators.

christie and scott should drop out before the next one

nikki haley and vivek made for good tv last night

haleys has a lot of good arguments but defending urkraine isnt one of them

vivek has a lot of youth weaknesses (smug prick comes to mind)but he is spot on on a lot of his arguments.

Other then Vivek I dont hear anybody else doing anything but offering up trump ideas

Comment

• It's nothing more than a battle for the Veep pick at this point and positioning for 2028. Or maybe in DeSantis's case, trying not to get completely humliated by ending up with less than 20% of the vote, which it appears he's going to fail at.

Comment

• It is a fucking parade of clowns.
                          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Same on the D side...except just one clown.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Several GOP legislators want to pass legislation stripping the Ohio Supreme Court (which is dominated by Rs) of any authority to interpret Issue 1.

Saner Republicans have already shot this idea down and it hasn't a chance in hell of passing but these people are absolute fanatics and deranged.

DECEPTIVE OHIO ISSUE 1 MISLED THE PUBLIC BUT DOESN'T REPEAL OUR LAWS | Republican News | Ohio House of Representatives

Comment

• Fucking Republicans will do anything and everything they can to subvert the will of the people.

Vote Blue. Save the country from these jackasses.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X