No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I was wrong about Issue 1. Thought it would go down in defeat but it looks like a silent majority spoke today. Any news on Issue 2?

Comment

• Both called for the good guys
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Governor's race goes to Beshear in KY.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I will choose no restrictions over no abortion at all or just six weeks, yes. Because there will be no massive surge of late abortions just because you make it legal. Virtually no one waits that long to abort for frivolous reasons.
          That’s mostly where I am. Whether there will be late term abortions up until birth is highly debateable. You’ll need to find a doctor to declare the fetus unviable, and most women who get abortions probably get them early.

Comment

• The pattern since 2017 has not really changed. Trump's base does NOT show up in off-year elections. Dems are winning every big contest tonight it looks like (Except Mississippi which was an absolute long shot).

Comment

• ...a baby killer says....
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Somebody should have killed you when you were a baby

Comment

• You missed!
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• In the end marijuana did end up doing slightly better than abortion, but both won by over 500,000 votes. It's interesting because in the burbs and NE Ohio, pot was not as supported as abortion...but rural Ohio was the reverse, being more tolerant of pot than abortion. So the two issues broke down almost the same overall, 57-43 or 56-44

Comment

• My wife was pretty excited to vote for Issue 1 yesterday. I reminded her to thank Justice Alito for that -- that opportunity go out and let your voice be heard on an important political issue.

And then last night I reminded her that when she was borderline sobbing two summers ago, everything I told her would happen re the issue then has now happened.

I also said it would pass with a smaller margin than then the August Issue 1 vote.

Fucking crushing it! IN YER FACE DICKBRAIN STRANGELOVE!!!!!
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• And as far as "politics" goes -- every state that takes this issue off the table helps the Rs. There was always going to be short-term political pain while the this issue settled out through our great system of federalism, but once it does, it's done. It'll be way closer to, say, gay marriage, in another 5-10 years (IMO).

Comment

• Yeah I bet Alito was smiling broadly when he heard of Issue 1's victory. "Just as I intended!" he screamed out his window, into the night.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            And as far as "politics" goes -- every state that takes this issue off the table helps the Rs. There was always going to be short-term political pain while the this issue settled out through our great system of federalism, but once it does, it's done. It'll be way closer to, say, gay marriage, in another 5-10 years (IMO).
                            I don't know. This whole drama ought to force independents to look a little more critically at their "friendly" Ohio GOP leadership and the lengths they'll go to to defeat a popular measure. DeWine, Yost, and LaRose all had moments over the past year they should be embarrassed by, IMO, and they're supposed to be the "moderates".

Comment

• Anyhoo, bottom line is don't try to shove Arkansas-style social values down the throat of a state that ain't Arkansas.

Comment

• After reading the Rahimi oral argument transcript and having a better understanding of the posture, I'd say the Court upholds the Federal law, probably in the neighborhood of 7-2 or 8-1. And I'd expect some concurrences to spell out where issues are in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X